All Abaord The 5th Seed Jazz Express!!!
2. Jefferson was worth a shot. A genuine center that Utah could actually obtain. A 20/10 guy. A chance to keep Deron happy and in a Jazz uniform.
3. Braille had been a solid player in his first stint in Utah. Kobe wanted him 2 years ago to join the Lakers. We're talking about a guy making a paltry sum. Big deal. Now the Jazz are punishing him for his *&^%#$ attitude. Roger can leave any time he wants; he just needs to tell the Jazz to cancel his paychecks. Otherwise he sits home and has to just wish he could be playing for a contender. I applaud the Jazz for their stance.
2. He was worth a shot, but why the long-game with him? He really should have been traded by now, IMO
3. He was brought in instead of wings that had been (and have continued to be) more productive, e.g. Matthews, Korver, Brewer. This was a bad idea from the first day. I give blame freely.
1. Millsap's uncle is not the one sucking ass on the court.
2. I agree he maybe should have been traded by now. But with Millsap's play I think he is going to end up staying instead of Millsap.
3. He was also brought in for roughly half of most of those players. And Brewer was not more productive. I did not really like the signing but understood it. I get the criticism for this move as it's well deserved.
Playoffs here we come. Pass the damn Kool-Aid
2. Easy to want a trade, much harder to pull one off...unless you think the Jazz should take on terrible contracts or another team's headache.
3. Brewer was offered an extension; he and his agent wanted A LOT more. That's why he was traded. Yes, we'd all like to have Matthews. But at that amount? Portland is overpaying by a ton. Korver? Seriously? The guy who plays no defense and put his individual goals over the good of the team by refusing to shoot in the last several games. Yep, we should have kept him!
Give me a list of players not on rookie contracts that show in contrast how over paid Mathews is. The guy is averaging 17 ppg on 45% shooting, and 43% from three. He also gives you 3 rbds, 3 assts, and 2.3 stls per game. He also is a smart player who plays his ass off. And he only makes 6.5 million a year. How is that bad? I'll tell ya what is bad is the Raja Bell signing instead of Mathews. Raja Bell is complete garbage.
Yes, Jazz made a mistake not signing Mathews and signing Raja instead.