Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Hahahaha .. *sigh*

I was right there with ya.
    Me too

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I still think the playoff push was great experience.

It's the hand-sitting since then that has been the big ass problem.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]
    elect Stanley Johnson, 2015

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I still think the playoff push was great experience.

It's the hand-sitting since then that has been the big ass problem.
    I think our team and coach got a bit more credit for the playoff 'push' than deserved .. considering everyone we were 'competing' with for a spot was tanking.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I think our team and coach got a bit more credit for the playoff 'push' than deserved .. considering everyone we were 'competing' with for a spot was tanking.
    Everybody? No.

Whatever. The main point is that the team (specifically the youngsters) were digging deep and winning a series of high-stakes games. Anybody who doesn't think that's important is bonkers.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Everybody? No.

Whatever. The main point is that the team (specifically the youngsters) were digging deep and winning a series of high-stakes games. Anybody who doesn't think that's important is bonkers.
    Of course I agree with that, just yankin ur chain .. and I'm bonkers anyway..
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Everybody? No.

It IS important and no one questions that...... however i believe that more playing time for the youngsters (at the cost of missing the playoffs) PLUS a couple draft picks is MORE important.

And i still think this team would be better right now if we had just decided not to care about the playoffs last year and played The Future Four big time minutes while also picking up a couple draft picks..... with the added benefit of not making the playoffs possibly forcing KOC to pull the trigger on a big al trade quicker.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    It IS important and no one questions that...... however i believe that more playing time for the youngsters (at the cost of missing the playoffs) PLUS a couple draft picks is MORE important.

And i still think this team would be better right now if we had just decided not to care about the playoffs last year and played The Future Four big time minutes while also picking up a couple draft picks..... with the added benefit of not making the playoffs possibly forcing KOC to pull the trigger on a big al trade quicker.
    100% agree. Both have value, can't even fathom the argument that getting swept in the playoffs is the greater of the two.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    the argument doesn't need to be as simple as making the playoffs versus not making the playoffs.

a. it's safe to say that without a realistic shot at the playoffs everybody (including the youngsters) wouldn't have been gunning as hard. Human nature.
    b. their play happened to be key in us winning enough games to make the playoffs.
    c. you can't have your cake and eat it too. We want them to play hard and learn how to win games. They did.

Again, it's everything this organization (hasn't) done since then that has driven me crazy. "Hand-sitting" was a bit of a stretch, but Marvin, Mo, and Foye aren't enough... particularly if they are taking time away from the further development of the stretch run I'm praising.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Corbin living in his tiny, uthopic world that make him believe with veterans at this caliber he have, could make this team a contender. Like everyone else, he knows too that is not going to happen, but he doesn't want to acknowledge the facts, cause when he do, every in-game decision he made, rotation etc. and every off season addition KOC made would look more pathetic.

He is still desperately trying to show this team can make a deep playoff run and while he doing it he is giving this message to the youngsters with capital letters; "THIS IS NOT YOUR TEAM!"

So the bottom line is Corbin have to go immediately before they're actually trying to trade this guy;

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Weird..

Everbody hates Corbin
    Everybody hates Jefferson
    Everybody pretty much hates the direction of the team.

But somehow everybody here thinks KOC is/was the best GM to ever walk the planet.

Makes sense

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Weird..

Everbody hates Corbin
    Everybody hates Jefferson
    Everybody pretty much hates the direction of the team.

But somehow everybody here thinks KOC is/was the best GM to ever walk the planet.

Makes sense
    I dont think KOC was the one who decided to hire corbin.
    KOC got us favors, kanter, burks, and hayward.... all guys most of us like. He cant force corbin to play them.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Freak/Wes had their way at the beginning of last year, at least 2 of those young guys would be "busts" by now and the new coach would be fending off the exact same mob.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I dont think KOC was the one who decided to hire corbin.
    KOC got us favors, kanter, burks, and hayward.... all guys most of us like. He cant force corbin to play them.
    But he gave the green light to Corbin for not to play them (How; "We're at the same page with you Corbin, forget about the development of youngsters, make a deeper playoff run with this new additions.") with the off season moves he made.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    If Freak/Wes had their way at the beginning of last year, at least 2 of those young guys would be "busts" by now and the new coach would be fending off the exact same mob.
    Link?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Who would be busts?
    I think if burks and kanter were getting 20 minutes per game from day one they would actually better than they are now and considered less likely to be busts.
    Also if hayward and favors were getting 30 minutes per game from day one they would be better also and less likely to be busts also.