View Poll Results: Why is Burks glued to the bench?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Foye is way better and deserves the time.

    3 6.12%
  • Foye is marginally better but we need to win now.

    16 32.65%
  • His work ethic blows.

    2 4.08%
  • He's failing to grasp our system or lack thereof.

    10 20.41%
  • Corbin is masterfully motivating him.

    3 6.12%
  • He's a hopper?

    0 0%
  • His attitude sucks

    5 10.20%
  • Other

    10 20.41%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891

    Burks' benching brainstorming (BBB)

    Why all the riding of the pine? What is your best guess? Please explain.

    He's not even close to as good as Foye according to Corbin?
    He's close to deserving playing time over Foye but God damn, Foye is crucial to our success now and only right now matters?
    His work ethic blows?
    He's not learning our system or lack thereof?
    He's a hopper?
    It's Corbin's brilliant motivational techniques?
    He has an attitude?
    Something else?

    What say you?

  2. #2
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    7,880
    Rep Power
    54
    Rep Level
    11196
    Corbin thinks that Foye is better, and we need to win now. He obviously believes that Burks doesn't need time to develop, and won't help us.

    The results on the court are mind boggling. Our record, our team chemistry, the play of the starters, etc. Foye has a nice 3 pt shot, and makes good passes.
    I fail to find any other reason he belongs on the court so much. I want to see Foye play, just not for 30 mins. He simply gives up too much on the defensive end.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4567
    Foye is a better fit in Corbin's one-dimensional offense.

  4.  

     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,939
    Rep Power
    28
    Rep Level
    3597
    corbin is not a coach he is an actor who plays a coach.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Eastern Montana
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    17
    Rep Level
    327
    I have to believe there is more to the story regarding Burks. He's had a reputation in the past for being cocky and arrogant. Has it gotten worse this season? Has he been pouting and whining? Is he unsupportive of his team mates? Did he mouth off to Corbin?

    The kid has a tremendous amount of talent. There's no reason he shouldn't be getting minutes. If the rumors regarding Burks being shipped out are true, then it must be due to his off court demeanor. I can't imagine the Jazz brass wanting to give up on him for any other reason.

  7. #6
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,469
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44276
    I'd say it's part bb IQ and part Ty being scared to death to lose. (playing not to lose)
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  8. #7
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    25,975
    Rep Power
    63
    Rep Level
    12665
    Foye is really good at shooting 3 pointers, which is our only good offense right now.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Growlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    13
    Rep Level
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I'd say it's part bb IQ and part Ty being scared to death to lose. (playing not to lose)
    Spot on!

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I'd say it's part bb IQ and part Ty being scared to death to lose. (playing not to lose)
    Yep, coaches can be reluctant to make a move that might cost him some wins, even if they coach in Utah.

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Traveler View Post
    I have to believe there is more to the story regarding Burks. He's had a reputation in the past for being cocky and arrogant. Has it gotten worse this season? Has he been pouting and whining? Is he unsupportive of his team mates? Did he mouth off to Corbin?

    The kid has a tremendous amount of talent. There's no reason he shouldn't be getting minutes. If the rumors regarding Burks being shipped out are true, then it must be due to his off court demeanor. I can't imagine the Jazz brass wanting to give up on him for any other reason.
    Link regarding his cockiness and arrogance?

  12. #11
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    15,574
    Rep Power
    128
    Rep Level
    33555
    I think you need to add another option to the poll: Because he is not a vet.

    Look at our team in general. Starters right now have all been in the league for a long time. Hayward was starting and foye was backing up with hayward getting more minutes. Now hayward goes to the bench and his minutes go down, while foye starts and minutes go up.

    Seems pretty black and white to me..... Nothing matters except age/experience. Favors is the best player on the team yet is like 8th in minutes i think. Foye gets more minutes than favors so obviously talent is not the determining factor for playing time.

  13. #12
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,469
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44276
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Link regarding his cockiness and arrogance?


    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  14. #13
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    15,574
    Rep Power
    128
    Rep Level
    33555
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Traveler View Post
    I have to believe there is more to the story regarding Burks. He's had a reputation in the past for being cocky and arrogant. Has it gotten worse this season? Has he been pouting and whining? Is he unsupportive of his team mates? Did he mouth off to Corbin?

    The kid has a tremendous amount of talent. There's no reason he shouldn't be getting minutes. If the rumors regarding Burks being shipped out are true, then it must be due to his off court demeanor. I can't imagine the Jazz brass wanting to give up on him for any other reason.
    I think the jazz NEED someone with cockiness and arrogance.... someone who believes and wants to take over a game.

    I always hear about guys being chuckers as a negative thing. And being cocky as a negative thing..... Well guess what? Durant is a cocky chucker, Kobe is a cocky chucker, carmello, derick rose, westbrook, harden, irving ect ect. All cocky chuckers.
    We should be so lucky to have one on our team.

  15. #14
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,469
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44276
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I think the jazz NEED someone with cockiness and arrogance.... someone who believes and wants to take over a game.

    I always hear about guys being chuckers as a negative thing. And being cocky as a negative thing..... Well guess what? Durant is a cocky chucker, Kobe is a cocky chucker, carmello, derick rose, westbrook, harden, irving ect ect. All cocky chuckers.
    We should be so lucky to have one on our team.
    I love guys with a killer instinct. I also very much appreciate a guy that believes he can take over the game at any time. That same person is very dangerous to his own team if he's delusional, though. Not saying this about Burks, just a dumb clarification.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  16. #15
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    15,574
    Rep Power
    128
    Rep Level
    33555
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I love guys with a killer instinct. I also very much appreciate a guy that believes he can take over the game at any time. That same person is very dangerous to his own team if he's delusional, though. Not saying this about Burks, just a dumb clarification.

    I agree, and im not saying burks is like those guys i mentioned but it seems like if we were to draft a guy like derrick rose (cocky, ball hog type) we wouldn't use him properly and jazz fanz would crucify him for his ball hog ways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •