View Poll Results: Why is Burks glued to the bench?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Foye is way better and deserves the time.

3 6.12%
  • Foye is marginally better but we need to win now.

16 32.65%
  • His work ethic blows.

2 4.08%
  • He's failing to grasp our system or lack thereof.

10 20.41%
  • Corbin is masterfully motivating him.

3 6.12%
  • He's a hopper?

0 0%
  • His attitude sucks

5 10.20%
  • Other

10 20.41%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    I agree I would like to see him play, I dont agree with saying he has earned minutes or anything like that. I also dont agree with you comparing Burks to Durrant, Rose, Westbrook, Wade, like we have some top 5 player on our hands who just isnt getting a chance.
    So you dont agree that he has earned minutes, but you think he should get minutes when he starts playing well..... and he started playing well last year and this summer and pre-season..... hmm, you dont seem to make sense

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    So you dont agree that he has earned minute, but you think he should get minutes when he starts playing well..... and he started playing well last year and this summer and pre-season..... hmm, you dont seem to make sense
    Ive also said summer and preseason dont mean ****. So he played ok sometimes last year, then we got a few new players who are better than him, now he has a tougher time getting pt, I dont see whats so hard to understand.

Rep Level
    Ive also said summer and preseason dont mean ****. So he played ok sometimes last year, then we got a few new players who are better than him, now he has a tougher time getting pt, I dont see whats so hard to understand.
    You said when he plays well he should get time, we both agree he played well already (last year).... he doesn't get ANY time.
    I dont see what is so hard to understand.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Traveler View Post
    I have to believe there is more to the story regarding Burks. He's had a reputation in the past for being cocky and arrogant. Has it gotten worse this season? Has he been pouting and whining? Is he unsupportive of his team mates? Did he mouth off to Corbin?

The kid has a tremendous amount of talent. There's no reason he shouldn't be getting minutes. If the rumors regarding Burks being shipped out are true, then it must be due to his off court demeanor. I can't imagine the Jazz brass wanting to give up on him for any other reason.

This could be true. However, I recall Corbin being asked early this season if Burks would play more. He said that Alec had worked hard, and deserved mins.
    His tone was that we had a log jam, and that Burks was the odd man out. He might not be telling us the full story, but I believe it's a case of Corbin
    wanting to play the vets(nothing more).

We've haven't heard any negative story about Burks or his work eithic with the Jazz.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I agree, and im not saying burks is like those guys i mentioned but it seems like if we were to draft a guy like derrick rose (cocky, ball hog type) we wouldn't use him properly and jazz fanz would crucify him for his ball hog ways.
    at this poitn i'd trade jeffersons no defense ball hogging minutes for burks ballhogging .
    just to try it out
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Rep Level
    maybe this is just ty giving the vets time so they will have trade value come the break and we can trade some one off the books... thoughts?
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    maybe this is just ty giving the vets time so they will have trade value come the break and we can trade some one off the books... thoughts?
    Makes sense for Big Al Sap, but those guys are taking Burks mins. We aren't trading Marvin or Foye.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Makes sense for Big Al Sap, but those guys are taking Burks mins. We aren't trading Marvin or Foye.
    true. but maybe ty feels that foye makes al/sap look better?
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Banned
    Rep Level
    true. but maybe ty feels that foye makes al/sap look better?
    Foye knocks down 3's ..... I think thats why he plays.

Rep Level
    Foye knocks down 3's ..... I think thats why he plays.
    haha, yes but sometimes it gives al a cahnce to feature his potentially kick out of the double teams that he attracts.. I dont think ty is a smart coach... there are alot better, but there are also alot worse. i am hoping he is still just playing with rotations. burks does deseve a few mins a game. he brings energy and instant movment. i dont agree with with peolpe saying he should get all of foyes mins foye brings something to the jazz they havent had in a long time THREE POINTERS!!! but he also sucks at D.... we have alot of good players ZERO greats
    ― Jarod Kintz

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post

I laugh every time I hear someone suggest we are doing something to get ready to make a trade.

We arent making any trades this year. This is our team.

Al and Paul will be FA this summer. We will get nothing for them. This is how the Jazz operate. The time for trading Al or Paul was last year. The door is shut.

Banned
    Rep Level
    haha, yes but sometimes it gives al a cahnce to feature his potentially kick out of the double teams that he attracts.. I dont think ty is a smart coach... there are alot better, but there are also alot worse. i am hoping he is still just playing with rotations. burks does deseve a few mins a game. he brings energy and instant movment. i dont agree with with peolpe saying he should get all of foyes mins foye brings something to the jazz they havent had in a long time THREE POINTERS!!! but he also sucks at D.... we have alot of good players ZERO greats
    I think this is more of the Jazz's problem than TyCo is.

Rep Level
    I think this is more of the Jazz's problem than TyCo is.
    i agree with that.. i think coach is doing what he thinks is best for the orginzation... i thiknk we can agree on that. now right or worng who knows, time will tell
    ― Jarod Kintz

Rep Level
    I think TY feels that Foye is better right now and is afraid to lose now.

If we suck bad enough during the middle of the season, then the pressure to win now will be taken off. Ty can finally play the kids without pressure and we will magically start winning and make a late season playoff run to the eighth seed. In the first round the pressure will return, vets will get their minutes back and we will be swept by SAS/LAL/OKC (pick one). This scenario sounds familiar. Very depressing.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt.mac.1981 View Post
    I think TY feels that Foye is better right now and is afraid to lose now.

If we suck bad enough during the middle of the season, then the pressure to win now will be taken off. Ty can finally play the kids without pressure and we will magically start winning and make a late season playoff run to the eighth seed. In the first round the pressure will return, vets will get their minutes back and we will be swept by SAS/LAL/OKC (pick one). This scenario sounds familiar. Very depressing.
    Lol