Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    I didn't get to post in either Sacto game threads, but I think we can officially put to rest the idea Hayward can initiate an offense. He's great on the break (both ways), he can pass, but he's just a bad driver and not an especially good ballhandler.
    Since he hit that game winner Friday night, he's hit 2 of his last 16 shots. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Just proves he has more growing up to do and needs to learn how to maintain focus.

Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Since he hit that game winner Friday night, he's hit 2 of his last 16 shots. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Just proves he has more growing up to do and needs to learn how to maintain focus.
    Gordon is a lot like Millsap. He's inconsistent. When he's hot, he's unbelievable, and when he's not he's just not that good. What I'm sure we all hope is that both of those guys can find their groove but neither will ever be the hub of an offense.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Quote Originally Posted by themanknownassting View Post
    Did anyone see the last time out? Corbin brought Caroll in for defense and wanted Favors to sit. But Al Jefferson told him no keep him in and take me out. That's was way cool to see.
    His best defensive play of the night.

Jazz lose this game without Big Al - but his defense in the first half was something nightmares are made of.

On one play he got burned to the hoop by Gallinari. Favors comes out to help and the guy Favors was guarding (I think Faried)cuts under the basket RIGHT NEXT TO Big Al. Gallo drop passes the ball back to Faried and he dunks with Jefferson standing right next to him.

So Jefferson essentially gives up on the play and stands there watching Favors try to guard two players at the same time 1 foot from the basket.

Jefferson is going to single-handedly bring the term "defensive indifference" from baseball and into the basketball lexicon.

His best defensive play of the night.

Jazz lose this game without Big Al - but his defense in the first half was something nightmares are made of.

On one play he got burned to the hoop by Gallinari. Favors comes out to help and the guy Favors was guarding (I think Faried)cuts under the basket RIGHT NEXT TO Big Al. Gallo drop passes the ball back to Faried and he dunks with Jefferson standing right next to him.

So Jefferson essentially gives up on the play and stands there watching Favors try to guard two players at the same time 1 foot from the basket.

Jefferson is going to single-handedly bring the term "defensive indifference" from baseball and into the basketball lexicon.
    Noticed that. Nice verbal replay.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Hey Millsap, your so fine, your so fine, you blow my my mind, Hey Millsap.

Hey Millsap....

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post

Hey Millsap....
    I tried to like it, I did .. but I just found it creepy.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post

Hey Millsap....
    *you're

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Gordon is a lot like Millsap. He's inconsistent. When he's hot, he's unbelievable, and when he's not he's just not that good. What I'm sure we all hope is that both of those guys can find their groove but neither will ever be the hub of an offense.
    I don't agree.
    Hayward is long and athletic
    Milsap is short and not very athletic.
    When Milsap's offense isn't going down he's so short and slow out there that his defense becomes a liability (IE: today and Kings game when T rob went off)
    When Hayward's offense isn't going down, he's so long and athletic that other 2 and 3 gaurds have trouble scoring off him. Combine that with the fact that he's insanely good on fast breaks and you have a good argument against you there.

We've given Hayward room to have horrible games, and to play with no fear of losing his rotation spot. Where is that for Burks?
    As Harpring always says you can't learn off the court. "He's growing in front of our eyes".
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    What's funny is if the butt nuggets would have stopped running their mouth the Jazz would have quietly took their beating and lost by double digits. But even Al has some pride way down deep, and they just pissed him off enough that he actually woke up and decided to give it 110%
    All it took was that retard Javele McGee talking non stop smack. Kenneth Faried flailing in the paint like he drank a case of Red Bull laced with meth right before the game and even Iggie getting in his face.

Jazz should hire Jefferson's ex-girlfriend to come out and bite him in the ass before each game - anything to get this guy to show some passion.

My thoughts on tonights game:

I miss Stockton, Malone, & Sloan.

Also, can we get Deron Williams back by giving NJ Big Al + Bell + bag of chips?
    Last edited by m3at; 11-27-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    I dont hate al, go back and watch the first qtr.
    dude, it's so blindingly clear to everyone else that you actually look more foolish when you won't admit it. man up and wear it.

there is no way we win this game without al carrying us (that's right) in the second half. your hate won't let you see this.

we were down 16 because noone was playing with any heart or helping each other on d. our starters are horribly out of sync offensively. you might as well blame our point guards who couldn't keep lawson out of the lane or let andre miller post on them over and over.

as for your other post, hell yeah i'm happy we got a 2 point win over those cocky denver jacka$$es. like al said in the post game interview, we just went about it our way and let them alternately strut, bitch and whine all over the court.

finally (and i don't know why i'm bothering), dude you have some smart things to say around here at times but most of the time when i read your posts i wish you'd just f**k off and support another team.

Nice win. Why the hell Favors isn't starting I have no clue, other than Ty is an idiot.

Speaking of idiots, this officiating crew was garbage and a half. I hope they don't ref many more games the Jazz are in.
    It started with Earl [Watson], Randy [Foye] and Marvin [Williams]Ėthe veteran guys. I thought the young guys did a good job of following their lead getting us off to a good start. - referring to the Jazz/Bobcats game on 3/1/13

Earl, Randy, and Marvin started the first quarter 0-3, scored a whopping zero points, and finished with a turnover in the first quarter.

Your head coach of the Jazz ladies and gentlemen.

no orphan there.

that was a close one but still perfect at home.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"

Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Dave Locke:
    The Jazz PR guy just walked by shaking his head at you.
    What did you do?

Kanter: I dropped a bomb.

~I'm sure it's hell to go to the public bathroom Kanter uses.