View Poll Results: Coaching Decision - what's your take?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring back Sloan & Johnson

19 38.78%
  • Keep Corbin

5 10.20%
  • Promote Hornacek as HC

8 16.33%
  • I don't care anymore

17 34.69%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Now as a Jazz fan I would assume your "He overachieved in 1 season only" comment would be referring the the 2003 scrub season. But since I'm guessing you never watched Jazz basketball that year...... well I'll just stop there.
    Wrong. I watched Jazz since 1993 quite a bit and started really following them since 1996. And you right, I am talking about 2003-2004 season. That was the best Sloan did by far. To bad he was never able to match it.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I would rather have just johnson without sloan.... you should have put that option.
    Corbin: Not even as good as Sloan's Johnson.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It would be quite a get to get Sloan back. I would even take him back as a consultant like Jerry West for the Warriors.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Looks like hardly anyone wants Corbin to stay. Wonder if that's also the feeling across Jazz Nation and if management is listening to it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Scott Skiles, if he ever wants out of Milwaukee, would fit the Jazz nicely. Always liked his fiestiness; he gets his players in line real quick, or they're ridin' the pine.
    Last night, trailing by 27 with 2:50 left in the 3rd quarter in Chicago, he left his starting unit on the bench for the rest of the game. Result - Bucks 93, Bulls 92...

http://www.nba.com/bucks/gameday/MILCHI-121126

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Looks like hardly anyone wants Corbin to stay. Wonder if that's also the feeling across Jazz Nation and if management is listening to it.
    I don't think even this board is at the stage where it's "Fire Corbin immediately regardless of the consequences." The question this thread posed was whether I'd like Jerry back. I would, at this point, but barring that or Phil coming to be the head coach alone, I want Corbin to stay until the end of the season. Hell, even if Jerry and/or Phil came back, I'd hate to see Corbin fired. Maybe he could just take a demotion.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    All the options are ****.
    This. There is no reason we could not get Nate, JVG, SVG or another unemployed coach. Not many could be worse than Ty.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Sloan looks like he's 102 years old.

I'm not a lip reader but I could of sworn he said "where am I?" to his great, great grandson sitting next to him tonight.

I think Harpring was trying to nicely say Sloan should stay retired
    He seriously does look like he put on about 10-15 years since he stopped coaching 2 years ago. The Lakers situation didn't seem far fetched; him trying to help build a team of young guys does.

On another note, I need to find a way to score those tickets right next to Jerry one of these games and just try to annoy him indirectly by talking out my ass about what's happening on the court.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    This. There is no reason we could not get Nate, JVG, SVG or another unemployed coach. Not many could be worse than Ty.
    Yes I agree - BUT - I just don't think that's how the Jazz management does thing. When Sloan left, they could have had Corbin in there as interim and re-assess at the year end and look at other unemployed coaches. Instead they gave Corbin the contract straight away (Corbin being someone they know & trust).

IF the Jazz does let Corbin go (and that's a pretty big IF considering Corbin's relationship with Greg), I think they'll look to promote from within or hire someone they know & trust, rather than go out searching for a journeyman like JVG, SVG, etc, etc.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    as much as I don t appreciate the overjobsecurityworriedness of ty and the afraidly taken decisions affected by it, I do believe change of head coach is the last thing that this young jazz squad -I mean bench- needs right now. the team is having rough days, stars feeling under the weather, last year of contracts etc. give the jazz and corbin another 30 games to settle things.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

October 2014 Update: Enes is eating crow so far.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    By the way I've intentionally left out "Bring in big name coach" or "Bring in another NBA coach" or "Recruit a coach from college" for the reason that it's just not Jazz's style to do that. It's more likely that we'd either bring back someone we trust or promote from within.
    Sloan... that was a 20+ year old story dude. Some people just love to fair with mediocrity.

And why would you not trust a coach? There's only 30 teams in the NBA, most coaches that are needing hired are going to teams with lower winning percentages, etc. But hey, lets bring back a coaching staff that is still stuck in a 1990 playbook, yeah.

I could eat a peach for hours.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Wrong. I watched Jazz since 1993 quite a bit and started really following them since 1996. And you right, I am talking about 2003-2004 season. That was the best Sloan did by far. To bad he was never able to match it.
    He took a team the following year, that was, on paper better than the 2003-2004 team to a record that didn't even sketch 30 wins. BWAH.

I could eat a peach for hours.