Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    I'd refer you to my post above. At this point it's Jefferson. How about the next four seasons? My fear is that we will make a long-term decision based off of what best fits the scheme of this season.

Let's think long-term. Please.
    if we are thinking long term then they both need to go. Millsap is a great 6th man candidate and the 2nd best PF on the roster right now. Jefferson is our best center on the roster (maybe? Favors is probably better at C than him as well) but is not defensive minded enough to lead this team to a championship. I'd love to keep Millsap if he'd accept the backup PF role. But he won't, so he needs to go. In the end I don't know if it's in the best interest of the team to keep either of these players long term. But you know they are going to keep one of them this off season.

Last year I'd have rather kept Millsap. But right now he looks totally lazy and pathetic. His defense is actually worse than Jefferson right now and his offense is non-existent. He is not taking a reduction in playing time well, so how can we expect him to take a demotion to backup any better?

I feel as if Millsap has given up on the team and is not putting forth the same effort he has in the past.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i don't think people give big al enough credit when it comes to being clutch, sure millsap has a few games that stand out more like THAT miami game. but jeffy always seems to bring it at the end of games (on offense), according to locke "he has been the #1 FG% guy in the NBA in the final 5 minutes of close games over the last three years". not bad...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    if we are thinking long term then they both need to go. Millsap is a great 6th man candidate and the 2nd best PF on the roster right now. Jefferson is our best center on the roster (maybe? Favors is probably better at C than him as well) but is not defensive minded enough to lead this team to a championship. I'd love to keep Millsap if he'd accept the backup PF role. But he won't, so he needs to go. In the end I don't know if it's in the best interest of the team to keep either of these players long term. But you know they are going to keep one of them this off season.

Last year I'd have rather kept Millsap. But right now he looks totally lazy and pathetic. His defense is actually worse than Jefferson right now and his offense is non-existent. He is not taking a reduction in playing time well, so how can we expect him to take a demotion to backup any better?

I feel as if Millsap has given up on the team and is not putting forth the same effort he has in the past.
    Depending on the asking price of course, but I do think the Jazz management will keep Jefferson. He gives you more or less instant offense and keep us competitive. He's lacking defensive abilities but we do have Favors who's a defensive savant no question about that. I do think Jefferson's game will aged better as well in a long term contract.

Bottom line is, we do need to stay competitive to keep bums on seats (not necessarily to win Championships). If commerciality comes into the equation then it's a pretty simple decision to keep Jefferson.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I heard an interview of Corbin yesterday and they asked about Favors ending games and Sap on the bench.
    He talked about matchups and how Favors defense was needed and all that.
    He also mentioned that it's a long season and guys will get their minutes.
    The spreading around of rep... I mean minutes would save their legs and keep them fresh for later on.

What I got out of this... They are saving Burks for the Playoffs.
    Burks will be super fresh for the Playoffs when we really need him.

FREE BURKS FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VINDICATION

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    I heard an interview of Corbin yesterday and they asked about Favors ending games and Sap on the bench.
    He talked about matchups and how Favors defense was needed and all that.
    He also mentioned that it's a long season and guys will get their minutes.
    The spreading around of rep... I mean minutes would save their legs and keep them fresh for later on.

What I got out of this... They are saving Burks for the Playoffs.
    Burks will be super fresh for the Playoffs when we really need him.

FREE BURKS FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Genius!!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    so let me get this straight people prefer jefferson over millsap?
    yet when i posed the quetsion why this board hated boozer and not jefferson.
    peaple where asking me where i have been.

anywho way too much love for the no defense playing ballhog blackhole sucktitude named jefferson
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree with everyone here about Al's lack of defense, black-holeness, etc (although as others have mentioned he's basically instant offense). But you can't teach big. I wish you could, because given the choice I'd take Millsap over Al 100x.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The other day I measured Millsap's intangibles, and they are off the charts.

This is why he is waaaay more valuable to this team than Jefferson.

Do not underestimate the intangibles.
    VINDICATION

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    since that media day, sap seems unhappy with being jazzman. he wants out man I'm telling ya. jef will obviously go. this team will come to what has always been the necessity.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    so let me get this straight people prefer jefferson over millsap?
    yet when i posed the quetsion why this board hated boozer and not jefferson.
    peaple where asking me where i have been.

anywho way too much love for the no defense playing ballhog blackhole sucktitude named jefferson
    And we are supposed to love the no defense playing, No offense playing, lazy, selfish, short guy? Oh yea that guy is Millsap right now.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    And we are supposed to love the no defense playing, No offense playing, lazy, selfish, short guy? Oh yea that guy is Millsap right now.
    Agreed with gregbroncs here. Millsap hasn't even been trying in my opinion.
    We all know how good he is, and there's absolutely no reason for him to only have "one" flipping rebound in a game.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Agreed with gregbroncs here. Millsap hasn't even been trying in my opinion.
    We all know how good he is, and there's absolutely no reason for him to only have "one" flipping rebound in a game.
    I think Millsap can read the writing on the wall. He is the odd man out and he knows it. I think has made him stop caring about how he performs here in Utah. I hate to see it as Millsap is fully capable of being a stud night in and night out.

I expect him to get out of Utah this offseason. My guess is that he does not even enter into negotiations with Utah.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My opinion is that Sap is sitting because of how well Favors plays on defense, and how can be a size mismatch on both sides of the court. I love Sap, he hustles and plays hard nearly every possession, but it seems clear that the Jazz want/need to go with Favors. I'd be down for trading Jefferson, since he is a liability on defense...but without him who is going to score on a consistent basis? He may be a 'black hole' when he posts up...but he scores almost every time he takes someone to the paint. Sad to say, but I think Sap is going to be traded

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    The other day I measured Millsap's intangibles, and they are off the charts.

This is why he is waaaay more valuable to this team than Jefferson.

Do not underestimate the intangibles.
    Are you talking downtown?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I think Millsap can read the writing on the wall. He is the odd man out and he knows it. I think has made him stop caring about how he performs here in Utah. I hate to see it as Millsap is fully capable of being a stud night in and night out.

I expect him to get out of Utah this offseason. My guess is that he does not even enter into negotiations with Utah.
    Yeah that's true, and I'm sure he will kill us when he plays against us next year.
    If we could just see Favors and Kanter next to Jefferson and Millsap more often, it would provide the defensive prowess necessary to hide Millsap's height and Jefferson's lack of defense.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson