Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Competitiors find ways to make up where they lack. milsap is quick, he dosent always meet the ball in the air for a block.... but hey guys remember who lead our team in steals last year. sap with 2 a game! he plays d in other ways, he usually gets his boards. he finds was to compinsate for his lack of hight. his heart is in question now, he doesnt seem to be giving it alot of effort.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Are you talking downtown?
    Those would be tangibles... except maybe for you.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I just saw Millsap at a Chevron. When I introduced myself as franklin he damn near punched me in the face. Okay, that part was a lie; I was too star struck to say a single word. But I did walk right past him carrying a poop eating grin. This made my day. Carry on hating whatever it is you're hating on regarding the Jazz.

Oh, and most importantly, he drives a bad ass white Bentley with red interior.
    I've been trying to rep you for weeks, but I'm too stupid to figure out how this rep **** works. I want you to know I want you inside me.
    Freckle Liiiiiip.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Throw Carroll into that group. Kanter, Sap, Carroll, Hayward and Tins/Watson is a good second unit.
    Except for the fact that no one can score. Millsap is slumping, Gordon is shooting about 20% of late, Carroll's outside shot hardly ever falls, and Tinsley and Watson both have the range of my 8-yr old.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    if we are thinking long term then they both need to go. Millsap is a great 6th man candidate and the 2nd best PF on the roster right now. Jefferson is our best center on the roster (maybe? Favors is probably better at C than him as well) but is not defensive minded enough to lead this team to a championship.
    I agree. As hard as it is to find decent centers, I'd go with a Favors/Kanter combination. Then the Jazz need to go out and pick up a stud PF. Every year, 3-4 good young PF's seem to come into the league. It shouldn't be that hard to find an 18-10 guy. If I were Lindsey/KOC, I'd be shopping Jefferson and Millsap for a young player + a late lottery pick.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlnstall View Post
    My opinion is that Sap is sitting because of how well Favors plays on defense, and how can be a size mismatch on both sides of the court. I love Sap, he hustles and plays hard nearly every possession, but it seems clear that the Jazz want/need to go with Favors. I'd be down for trading Jefferson, since he is a liability on defense...but without him who is going to score on a consistent basis? He may be a 'black hole' when he posts up...but he scores almost every time he takes someone to the paint. Sad to say, but I think Sap is going to be traded
    How much of the Jazz have you watched this season? Because the Sap you descibed has not been seen since last season at best. probably since the season before last. He is not a hustle player anymore.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I agree. As hard as it is to find decent centers, I'd go with a Favors/Kanter combination. Then the Jazz need to go out and pick up a stud PF. Every year, 3-4 good young PF's seem to come into the league. It shouldn't be that hard to find an 18-10 guy. If I were Lindsey/KOC, I'd be shopping Jefferson and Millsap for a young player + a late lottery pick.
    You could make a good argument for a strategy focused on using guys like Favors and Kanter to obtain deadly wing players and then pick up players like David West, Kaman, Asik for reasonable money to complement them. These guys are getting bought up for cheap compared to production. Scola for a little over $4mm, Brand for $2.1. Jazz could reasonably acquire Pau Gasol for a couple years to pair with one of these guys. Bozzer on an amnesty would be excellent at only a few million per season. Varejao can be gotten for not too much. He's only putting up 15x15 this year. I'd take Ryan Anderson for $9mm per. Why did Orlando give him away anyway?
    No Mediocrity

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Hayward would do this, Sap has an overinflated opinion of his skills. He would not be happy at all.
    Numberica just negged me for this post. Cool huh. But to answer your question, body language, past comments, the fact that he is not that great about half of the time, the fact that he is an undersized 4 and a too slow 3 who does ok against starters but that should be able to do quite well as a 6th man. Is that enough bud?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTappin View Post
    I agree with everyone here about Al's lack of defense, black-holeness, etc (although as others have mentioned he's basically instant offense). But you can't teach big. I wish you could, because given the choice I'd take Millsap over Al 100x.
    The standard for butt-****ing retarded in basketball assessment.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I hear George Muresan is a free agent.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Numberica just negged me for this post. Cool huh. But to answer your question, body language, past comments, the fact that he is not that great about half of the time, the fact that he is an undersized 4 and a too slow 3 who does ok against starters but that should be able to do quite well as a 6th man. Is that enough bud?
    Oh, you mean a bunch of conjecture? Yeah, that's exactly what I thought.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have a new title for the thread.

**** Official Millsap Finishing Games. Favors Sits thread. ****
    TREYBOT