Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    As Jope pointed out, Hayward is a much better shooter when he doesn't create his own shot. In the 4 games he was trying to be the "man" on the second unit, his percentages tanked and he became a turnover machine, all while his assist numbers did not increase.
    On the other hand, the excuses put out there for his crap play are increasing.

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Right now, I would take Kirilenkoesque consistency when it comes to CJ Hayward's shooting.
    I didn't think it was mathematically possible, but the real CJ has managed to maintain his downward-trending career-ending death-spiral this season:

FG: 48% --> 46% --> 43% --> 41% --> 38% --> 29%
    3pt: 39% --> 35% --> 34% --> 32% --> 31% --> 31%

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If you watch Foye's head when he shoots, he never jerks it back like Hayward does. When your eyes are bouncing back like that, it makes focusing on the rim more difficult. I rebounded for Kyle Korver at a gym once. He always landed in the same place he jumped from on his jumper. Hayward floats forward and to the right some times. If he doesn't fix these problems, he will never be a consistent shooter.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    If you watch Foye's head when he shoots, he never jerks it back like Hayward does. When your eyes are bouncing back like that, it makes focusing on the rim more difficult. I rebounded for Kyle Korver at a gym once. He always landed in the same place he jumped from on his jumper. Hayward floats forward and to the right some times. If he doesn't fix these problems, he will never be a consistent shooter.
    I can't take your comments seriously with your avatar staring at me.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Grant Hill upside?

Besides correcting poor shooting mechanics, Gordon has to change his style to be more like Grant Hill's. He needs to master the mid-range jumper and tear-drop shot. Like Grant, Gordon can break down his man and get into the paint with ease. But instead of a stop-and-pop, he continually drives into a crowd and get stuffed. Hornacek was excellent at the mid-range game, throwing up baby hooks et al. Hill was not a good spot-up shooter either, and Gordon has to stop thinking he is one. Maybe our expectations of Gordon were just too high. We spent years trying to turn CJ into the second coming of Bryant; now we'd like Gordon to the second coming of John Havlicek, for those on the board who remember the Celtic great.

Maybe average is his real upside?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb1820 View Post
    Maybe average is his real upside?
    his 14.6 PER (and 15.5 PER last season) indicate he is already statistically at par with the league average (league average always being 15 PER).

Not sure how his upside could be anything but above average at the minimum...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    coaching................................................................................................................ ..............................................................!
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    coaching................................................................................................................ ..............................................................!
    So tell us about your favorite spring break places. Oh wait you already have, thnx.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Also glad you liked your trip to Boston and yes I was worried about you thanks for noticing.