Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Ute fans - classless?

Let me preface this by saying that my parents are Ute fans, so I know they are not all classless.

That being said, on the radio this morning DJ & PK were talking about how people at the Jazz game last night booed the Cougarettes during their half time show. My questions are: (a) did this actually happen like they described, and (b) if so, how is that anything but classless?
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I’m afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that we’d like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that my parents are Ute fans, so I know they are not all classless.

That being said, on the radio this morning DJ & PK were talking about how people at the Jazz game last night booed the Cougarettes during their half time show. My questions are: (a) did this actually happen like they described, and (b) if so, how is that anything but classless?
    It happened last night and it happened last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...

It's also happened when the Crimson Line has marched, so being classless doesn't apply to only Utah fans, but that takes the fun out of PK's tired schtick. It's just part of the rivalry.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think that is pretty classless.

But im not surprised. I am a byu fan who likes to party and therefore i go to bars and parties and whatnot occasionally wearing byu clothing and everytime without fail people talk **** to me for it.
    I have gotten used to it so it doesn't really bother me anymore but its always interesting how many ute fans just have to throw out a byu sucks type of comment.

Every year i go to my wifes company christmas party and the first year i went there was a bowl game on tv and i was watching with some of the people there and was asked who my team is. I said BYU and then all of a sudden everyone at the party changed the way that interacted with me. Before they knew what team i liked we were all having fun and getting along but once i said i liked byu i started getting the cold sholder.

Now every year that we go to this party right when i arrive everyone is like "the byu fan is here" and start throwing out little comments here and there. I have gotten used to it and get along with everyone good enough at this party now though so whatever.

It has always seemed to me that ute fans hate byu and byu fans much more than byu fans hate the utes and thier fans.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There are waaaaaay more Ute fans at Jazz games than Coug fans.

Every time the Bear holds up a Utes sign the crowd goes crazy, byu sign, boos reign down.

I was at one game where some byu dancers or something came onto the court, and yeah they were booed.

Also, after the Sugar Bowl the whole Utes football team was brought out onto the court during a timeout, to a standing ovation. There was a guy in a byu hat a couple rows below me that remained seated. I crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at him, when he turned around I gave him a "rise up" motion. He remained seated. Talk about classless.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Plus ESA is located in salt lake city so the majority of people at the jazz games are most likely ute fans.

If the jazz played in provo and ute dancers performed they might get booed as well..... although the byu fans probably wouldn't boo quite as much.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I think that is pretty classless.

But im not surprised. I am a byu fan who likes to party and therefore i go to bars and parties and whatnot occasionally wearing byu clothing and everytime without fail people talk **** to me for it.
    I have gotten used to it so it doesn't really bother me anymore but its always interesting how many ute fans just have to throw out a byu sucks type of comment.

Every year i go to my wifes company christmas party and the first year i went there was a bowl game on tv and i was watching with some of the people there and was asked who my team is. I said BYU and then all of a sudden everyone at the party changed the way that interacted with me. Before they knew what team i liked we were all having fun and getting along but once i said i liked byu i started getting the cold sholder.

Now every year that we go to this party right when i arrive everyone is like "the byu fan is here" and start throwing out little comments here and there. I have gotten used to it and get along with everyone good enough at this party now though so whatever.

It has always seemed to me that ute fans hate byu and byu fans much more than byu fans hate the utes and thier fans.
    In fairness, if you came to a party I was having and sat down and pooped your pants, I'd probly start treating you differently too.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    In fairness, if you came to a party I was having and sat down and pooped your pants, I'd probly start treating you differently too.
    Me coming to your party, sitting down and pooping my pants would be the best way to fit in at your party wouldn't it?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Me coming to your party, sitting down and pooping my pants would be the best way to fit in at your party wouldn't it?
    You two know each other??
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    They're both poopy pants.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Never actually seen him.... but i think i might have smelled him once

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Anytime there is a woman on the basketball court I boo them.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Of course Ute fans are classless, by a landslide - when evaluated by BYU fan criteria.

And vice-versa.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    Of course Ute fans are classless, by a landslide - when evaluated by BYU fan criteria.

And vice-versa.
    I don't consider byu fans classless. Just huge dorks.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Good point, UGLI. I'm neither a UTE or a Coug, but live amongst all you 'people.'

My evaluation.

BYU fans (stereotypical, not all) - Live by a code that generally makes them very poor trash-talkers. Want to generally have 'friendly' rivalries, but keep it civil.
    Frustrates UTE fans because the BYU fan won't engage in more MANLY banter. Perceive themselves as morally above the nonsense and generally just better people.

UTE fans (all of them) - Love to make fun of the nerdliness of the stereotypical Coug fan. Think Coug fans kinda suck at being 'real' fans. Generally more redneck acting than Coug fans .. well who isn't?
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I dont think UTE fans are classless, just poor.