Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Level
    The wrist again? ..how convenient. He is shooting 39% from the field this year and shot 40% last year. Those be CJ Miles averages. While with the Jazz he averaged around 47%. He is a good point guard, but was a product of Sloan's system.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    The Knicks were stupid to go after Carmello. They would be a much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much,

better team with Deron. Much better.

And as someone posted above, The Nets would be much better without all the trades. All that young talent with TONS of caps space.

We need to remember this with Jefferson. If the Jazz keep him until the end of the year, it might not be a bad thing. Sucks for this year though.
    remember how good Lin/Amare were during that stretch, Deron/Amare wouldve been a nice come for NY & D'Antoni.
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    The wrist again? ..how convenient. He is shooting 39% from the field this year and shot 40% last year. Those be CJ Miles averages. While with the Jazz he averaged around 47%. He is a good point guard, but was a product of Sloan's system.
    imagine that? a talented point guard thriving in a system tailor-made for high % shots? who then gets shipped off to a team that has almost no offense and sees his numbers go down... mind-blowing

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    "He (KOC)said, 'I can't do that,'" King said. "'I can't put this guy in, and I can't put that guy in. But I can put Deron in.' And so then he said, 'I'll call you back.' That gave me hope."

So I wonder who are 'this guy' and 'that guy'?

Raja & CJ?

I'm guessing Milsap and CJ. Perhaps Ak.
    I thought he was referring to players the nets were trying to get. He can't offer Melo, etc... but he can offer Deron.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    The nets would probably have a pretty nice roster without all the trades.

Favors
    Brook
    Kanter
    Brooks
    Lillard

Along with some other stuff.
    They wouldn't have drafted Kanter, obviously, but the ceiling on that team....

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceJL View Post
    remember how good Lin/Amare were during that stretch, Deron/Amare wouldve been a nice come for NY & D'Antoni.
    I've thought that too. Deron with Amare, mix in a three point/defensive guy and Chandler and a two that can hit threes. That team would have been deadly. But they fell for the hype and good for them. Hopefully someone watched Al last night and fell in love him and will throw a decent player at us for him.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    "He (KOC)said, 'I can't do that,'" King said. "'I can't put this guy in, and I can't put that guy in. But I can put Deron in.' And so then he said, 'I'll call you back.' That gave me hope."

So I wonder who are 'this guy' and 'that guy'?

Raja & CJ?

I'm guessing Milsap and CJ. Perhaps Ak.
    Yeah this was the most interesting part. Also the confirmation that Deron was looking into moving from Utah and looking at other teams in All-Star is another solid proof that Deron wouldn't have stayed here.

I'm like 90% sure that AK was involved in this trade. Why? Because look at who the Nets got later that year- Gerald Wallace, a good defensive 3 which is what AK was. it's clear that this was a position they were lacking.

I'd be interested to see who we'd get back if Ak was also in the deal. Looking at the Nets roster at that time and the only trade chip I see is last year's pick which would've been $*&%(*ing huge! Essentially, we could've maybe gotten Lilliard for AK if you want to go all the way with my theories. My guess is that O Connor, at that time, didn't put a lot of value into the 2012 Nets pick because he might have seen them as playoff team especially in a super weak East.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Yeah this was the most interesting part. Also the confirmation that Deron was looking into moving from Utah and looking at other teams in All-Star is another solid proof that Deron wouldn't have stayed here.

I'm like 90% sure that AK was involved in this trade. Why? Because look at who the Nets got later that year- Gerald Wallace, a good defensive 3 which is what AK was. it's clear that this was a position they were lacking.

I'd be interested to see who we'd get back if Ak was also in the deal. Looking at the Nets roster at that time and the only trade chip I see is last year's pick which would've been $*&%(*ing huge! Essentially, we could've maybe gotten Lilliard for AK if you want to go all the way with my theories. My guess is that O Connor, at that time, didn't put a lot of value into the 2012 Nets pick because he might have seen them as playoff team especially in a super weak East.
    Playing along, that'd be unfortunate because I would have included AK in the deal even if nothing else changed. And before the AK people come out of the woodwork, this isn't about AK hate as much as it is about knowing when it's time to clean house (as my preference last year was Al for Kaman).

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    Playing along, that'd be unfortunate because I would have included AK in the deal even if nothing else changed. And before the AK people come out of the woodwork, this isn't about AK hate as much as it is about knowing when it's time to clean house (as my preference last year was Al for Kaman).
    Two things-
    1) The might have been something else undesirable from the Nets (IE- Mehmet Okur) like a contract situation.
    So-
    AK + (maybe CJ) for 2012 pick
    or
    AK for 2012 pick plus Nets junk (Memo?).

I guess what I'm getting at is that the pick wasn't valuable to KOC because it was probably thought to be around 15-20 (remember, Nets were a lotto team last year cause of injuries) but King thought of it as valuable enough that he could unload trash into the deal with it.

2)
    Even without all this junk, I don't think KOC would've done AK for the 2012 pick. 1) Because he would think it's a 15-20 pick and 2) because we didn't have a SF back then other than AK and we were otherwise crap at the wing position. Unfortunate though because it was the Lilliard pick...

Our wings were-
    Rookie Gtime
    CJ Miles
    Braille
    AK
    Ronnie P

Rep Level
    Lakers suck
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jope View Post
    imagine that? a talented point guard thriving in a system tailor-made for high % shots? who then gets shipped off to a team that has almost no offense and sees his numbers go down... mind-blowing
    I might have agreed with you last year, but this year he has Joe Johnson and a healthy Brook Lopez. I have league pass and check him out occasionally. He gets open looks, he just can't shoot and finish like the other top point guards in this league. Derek Rose, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, etc would never shoot this horrific regardless of what team they were put on. Deron's own whiny attitude was a blessing in disguise, it saved this franchise from another albatross contract that would cripple them for years.

Rep Level
    koc is a damn old wolf.

no doubt it is gonna be a great rivalry but still, nets fans shouldn't bash melo too much coz things just might turnaround again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    The nets would probably have a pretty nice roster without all the trades.

Favors
    Brook
    Kanter
    Brooks
    Lillard

Along with some other stuff.
    lillard is a great pg but he is not d-will. they wouldn't have the success they have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    he is way better than a system restricted play maker.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"

Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Dave Locke:
    The Jazz PR guy just walked by shaking his head at you.
    What did you do?

Kanter: I dropped a bomb.

~I'm sure it's hell to go to the public bathroom Kanter uses.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Yeah this was the most interesting part. Also the confirmation that Deron was looking into moving from Utah and looking at other teams in All-Star is another solid proof that Deron wouldn't have stayed here...
    solid proof?

hopefully you're not a lawyer
    :wink:

evidence perhaps...

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    solid proof?

hopefully you're not a lawyer
    :wink:

evidence perhaps...
    Maybe no solid proof, but common sense would lead a rational person to come to that conclusion.