Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

9 out of the 15 players on the roster are shooting career lows from the field.....

The list of Jazzmen currently shooting at a career low FG%:

-Burks
    -Evans
    -Favors
    -Foye
    -Hayward
    -Jefferson
    -Kanter
    -Millsap
    -Tinsley

Obviously ones like Burks, Evans, and Kanter don't matter as much since their young and a small sample size, but still it's pretty unbelievable to think that these 9 players are currently shooting worse than they've ever shot in their careers. Throw in that we've played 9 road games to 6 home games and I'd say our 8-7 start is actually very impressive. If the law of averages kick in for a lot of these guys we could go on a nice little run.

There's the law of averages, and then there's the law of veterans (for which myself and Tyrone Corbin are heavy proselyters). This team gonna rule soon.

So what you're saying is Corbin sucks more than we even thought?
    #May be

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    C'mon man, you know that Coach can't shoot it for them.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

Ty had his off-season. How many more threes is Tinsley going to hit the rest of the year and save our poor offense? Why do you think Foye gets so many minutes? Because Tys praying he will make it rain from 3 land because Ty has absolutely no idea how to run an offense or a decent defense for that matter. Why do you think there is such a relation between our 3 pt shooting between our wins and losses?

Quote Originally Posted by dipship31 View Post
    The list of Jazzmen currently shooting at a career low FG%:

-Burks
    -Evans
    -Favors
    -Foye
    -Hayward
    -Jefferson
    -Kanter
    -Millsap
    -Tinsley

Obviously ones like Burks, Evans, and Kanter don't matter as much since their young and a small sample size, but still it's pretty unbelievable to think that these 9 players are currently shooting worse than they've ever shot in their careers. Throw in that we've played 9 road games to 6 home games and I'd say our 8-7 start is actually very impressive. If the law of averages kick in for a lot of these guys we could go on a nice little run.
    This is normally what happens on Greg Popovich's teams too. Players come into his system and just struggle to get wide open shots. The Jazz's offense has been crisp with very little 1on1 stuff. Take last night's game for example. We had a whole bunch of wide open jams because people were making the extra pass. We shot over 70% in the first quarter because of our awesome offense...oh, wait, that was Denver.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    C'mon man, you know that Coach can't shoot it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    This is normally what happens on Greg Popovich's teams too. Players come into his system and just struggle to get wide open shots. The Jazz's offense has been crisp with very little 1on1 stuff. Take last night's game for example. We had a whole bunch of wide open jams because people were making the extra pass. We shot over 70% in the first quarter because of our awesome offense...oh, wait, that was Denver.
    This season is taking a serious toll on some of you. You know, projecting your anger onto TyCo incessantly is not healthy. I think you should quit the addiction for 6-7 months and get healthy again.

I think the low percentages are because of the offense(...errr the lack offense) that the Jazz are running this year. The Jazz look like they have no clue what they are trying to do on offense. I thought our offense looked more organized last year.

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This season is taking a serious toll on some of you. You know, projecting your anger onto TyCo incessantly is not healthy. I think you should quit the addiction for 6-7 months and get healthy again.
    Amen.

Ive been preaching the same thing.

Good idea! I'll do that starting sometime in late April/May until October. In the meantime, my frustration with the overall mediocrity of our team (players, coaches etc.), which is quickly blooming into apathy and resignation, will be interrupted by the glimmer of potential that might come from Favors and Kanter.

Most of the poor execution (on both ends) we're seeing happened just as often with Jer-bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Most of the poor execution (on both ends) we're seeing happened just as often with Jer-bear.
    Yep, and the same goes for most the other teams too

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    For the record, I am just playing around and have no angst or ill-feelings for Ty. Life is to short to hate, unless its Torrey Ellis, he can eat roaches.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    For the record, I am just playing around and have no angst or ill-feelings for Ty. Life is to short to hate, unless its Torrey Ellis, he can eat roaches.
    I figured you all were messing around. Blaming Ty for Haywierd, Millsap, & Marvin slumps is obviously silliness as they've been missing wide open looks, Favors can be attributed to being given way more leash this year (something everyone wanted so it would be stupid to bitch at TyCo for doing what we all wanted), Foye is shooting 45 freaking % from three on high volume, Burks & Evans haven't played enough minutes to be put on any list, and Tinsley has never been able to hit his ass with a handful of wheat (truly a shame as he'd be HOF caliber with a good shot). Did I miss anyone? Oh, Jefferson, who started ridiculously slow and obviously as in 100% guaranteed obvious will not shoot 42% for long.

Jefferson got to the line and we gutted out a tough win. I'm enjoying things for a couple days.