View Poll Results: Who will the Jazz keep for NEXT SEASON

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jefferson

    36 51.43%
  • Millsap

    15 21.43%
  • Neither

    16 22.86%
  • I'm too chicken to stake my reputation on this issue

    3 4.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    Senior Member freakazoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Do I even need a ****ing location?
    Posts
    3,051
    Total Rep Points
    5307
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    I've been saying it since well before the season started. Millsap will not be signing another contract to play in Utah. Whether or not our FO is smart enough to trade him, I have my doubts. Therefore, the answer is either Al or neither.
    Eneshttp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gtrutzel/airgordon-1.jpgThe Menace

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,131
    Total Rep Points
    6990
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid View Post
    I've been saying it since well before the season started. Millsap will not be signing another contract to play in Utah. Whether or not our FO is smart enough to trade him, I have my doubts. Therefore, the answer is either Al or neither.
    And I've been saying for the last month or so that I bet Millsap will be back for less than he is currently making.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,112
    Total Rep Points
    2425
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    I don't think either are coming back. No way Paul resigns because he'll be looking for a team with a path to start. I can see Al offering a little hometown discount, but he won't give in on years which I think is the dealbreaker. I'd be stunned if the Jazz were willing to go 4 years. And Al's going to have quality offers which makes it more difficult.

    The X factor is the playoff picture this season and what offers they get for either. But they should be very open to trading both as long as Kanter doesn't nosedive.

  4. #34
    Admininstrator colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,232
    Total Rep Points
    10902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Where's the "both" option?
    I'm pretty sure I've heard that the Jazz can't keep both without going over the luxury tax limit--which seems unlikely.
    Last edited by colton; 12-03-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

  5. #35
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,937
    Total Rep Points
    30445
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've head that the Jazz can't keep both without going over the luxury tax limit--which seems unlikely.
    I don't see this as a remote possibility. Jazz have $26mm next season. Give Al $16 and Sap $12 and you're still not close.
    No Mediocrity

  6. #36
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,563
    Total Rep Points
    16098
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I don't see this as a remote possibility. Jazz have $26mm next season. Give Al $16 and Sap $12 and you're still not close.
    It is 2 years from now that will be the issue for the Jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  7.  

     

  8. #37
    Admininstrator colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,232
    Total Rep Points
    10902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    It is 2 years from now that will be the issue for the Jazz.
    Ah, that's probably what I was thinking of.
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

  9. #38
    Senior Member CitizenofCapua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Look at my "nick".
    Posts
    1,074
    Total Rep Points
    2718
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Keeping them both.. I don't have the stomach like Jazz don`t have the cap space for it.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

  10. #39
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,931
    Total Rep Points
    21322
    Rep Adjustment Power
    89
    Wow DutchJazzer - you really surprised me.

    You've been one of the biggest Millsap supporter around here - giving Neg Rep to posters left, right and center who support any trade that involves Millsap. You're actually the reason I started this poll just to see where other posters stand on this issue.

    Now you're saying it's Jefferson we'll keep?! Have a little faith bro! LOL..
    #Humble#Humble#Humble#Humble

    AllTimeNBAdraftRunnerUp

  11. #40
    Premium Member Xsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Saint George
    Posts
    963
    Total Rep Points
    2619
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    My official guess is that we trade one, and the other walks in free agency.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

  12. #41
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,563
    Total Rep Points
    16098
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Wow DutchJazzer - you really surprised me.

    You've been one of the biggest Millsap supporter around here - giving Neg Rep to posters left, right and center who support any trade that involves Millsap. You're actually the reason I started this poll just to see where other posters stand on this issue.

    Now you're saying it's Jefferson we'll keep?! Have a little faith bro! LOL..
    Yea, that fool kept negging me for being honest about Millsap. Not really but I thought I would support your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  13. #42
    Admininstrator colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,232
    Total Rep Points
    10902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    There's a difference between what you think the Jazz SHOULD do, and what you think the Jazz WILL do.
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

  14. #43
    Senior Member Hotttnickkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,931
    Total Rep Points
    21322
    Rep Adjustment Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    There's a difference between what you think the Jazz SHOULD do, and what you think the Jazz WILL do.
    Well that's exactly my point.

    If Millsap is like the next Karl Malone, then OK fine - neg me for wanting to trade him.

    But if DutchJazzer thinks the Jazz will let Millsap walk (as his vote for Jefferson in the poll suggests), it then follows that letting go of Millsap is not unfounded nor ridiculous nor an out-of-this-world situation.
    #Humble#Humble#Humble#Humble

    AllTimeNBAdraftRunnerUp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •