36 51.43%
  • Millsap

15 21.43%
  • Neither

16 22.86%
  • I'm too chicken to stake my reputation on this issue

3 4.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've been saying it since well before the season started. Millsap will not be signing another contract to play in Utah. Whether or not our FO is smart enough to trade him, I have my doubts. Therefore, the answer is either Al or neither.
    Eneshttp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gtrutzel/airgordon-1.jpgThe Menace

Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid View Post
    I've been saying it since well before the season started. Millsap will not be signing another contract to play in Utah. Whether or not our FO is smart enough to trade him, I have my doubts. Therefore, the answer is either Al or neither.
    And I've been saying for the last month or so that I bet Millsap will be back for less than he is currently making.

I don't think either are coming back. No way Paul resigns because he'll be looking for a team with a path to start. I can see Al offering a little hometown discount, but he won't give in on years which I think is the dealbreaker. I'd be stunned if the Jazz were willing to go 4 years. And Al's going to have quality offers which makes it more difficult.

The X factor is the playoff picture this season and what offers they get for either. But they should be very open to trading both as long as Kanter doesn't nosedive.

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Where's the "both" option?
    I'm pretty sure I've heard that the Jazz can't keep both without going over the luxury tax limit--which seems unlikely.
    Last edited by colton; 12-03-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've head that the Jazz can't keep both without going over the luxury tax limit--which seems unlikely.
    I don't see this as a remote possibility. Jazz have $26mm next season. Give Al $16 and Sap $12 and you're still not close.

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I don't see this as a remote possibility. Jazz have $26mm next season. Give Al $16 and Sap $12 and you're still not close.
    It is 2 years from now that will be the issue for the Jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    It is 2 years from now that will be the issue for the Jazz.
    Ah, that's probably what I was thinking of.
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

Keeping them both.. I don't have the stomach like Jazz don`t have the cap space for it.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Wow DutchJazzer - you really surprised me.

You've been one of the biggest Millsap supporter around here - giving Neg Rep to posters left, right and center who support any trade that involves Millsap. You're actually the reason I started this poll just to see where other posters stand on this issue.

Now you're saying it's Jefferson we'll keep?! Have a little faith bro! LOL..
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #FireTy
    #LoveYourNeighbour

My official guess is that we trade one, and the other walks in free agency.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Wow DutchJazzer - you really surprised me.

You've been one of the biggest Millsap supporter around here - giving Neg Rep to posters left, right and center who support any trade that involves Millsap. You're actually the reason I started this poll just to see where other posters stand on this issue.

Now you're saying it's Jefferson we'll keep?! Have a little faith bro! LOL..
    Yea, that fool kept negging me for being honest about Millsap. Not really but I thought I would support your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

There's a difference between what you think the Jazz SHOULD do, and what you think the Jazz WILL do.

Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    There's a difference between what you think the Jazz SHOULD do, and what you think the Jazz WILL do.
    Well that's exactly my point.

If Millsap is like the next Karl Malone, then OK fine - neg me for wanting to trade him.

But if DutchJazzer thinks the Jazz will let Millsap walk (as his vote for Jefferson in the poll suggests), it then follows that letting go of Millsap is not unfounded nor ridiculous nor an out-of-this-world situation.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #FireTy
    #LoveYourNeighbour