Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Level
    Malone would not be a good coach. However, does anyone think Stockton might give it a go sometime? I always figured when he retired he would spend some "make up" time with the fam until his kids grew up, but once all the youngins were out of the house, he'd want to be involved in some way. I think he's still got one kid in HS, but does anyone else think he'd want to do "something" in 3-4 yrs?

Rep Level
    Seems like Malone is much more Hulk than Bruce Banner. I think for a coach you really need more Bruce Banner.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by margodydek View Post
    Malone would not be a good coach. However, does anyone think Stockton might give it a go sometime? I always figured when he retired he would spend some "make up" time with the fam until his kids grew up, but once all the youngins were out of the house, he'd want to be involved in some way. I think he's still got one kid in HS, but does anyone else think he'd want to do "something" in 3-4 yrs?
    I honestly don't think so. I could see him coaching the local HS team wherever he lives, but I think Stockton really likes to keep it on the D/L.

Rep Level
    If there's anybody that can show our guys how to set a good hard pick it would be Malone.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    If there's anybody that can show our guys how to set a good hard pick it would be Malone.
    I don't think I've seen a single one all season.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jope View Post
    I don't think I've seen a single one all season.
    Favors set a really good pick a couple games ago to set up Hayward's game winner.

Rep Level
    people used to say that bringing in horny would improve the jazz dramatically.

Rep Level
    would the jazz improve dramatically with Malone as an assistant coach?

Hard to say. He hasn't had any coaching experience. Being a great player doesn't prove you'd be a great coach.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    would the jazz improve dramatically with Malone as an assistant coach?

Hard to say. He hasn't had any coaching experience. Being a great player doesn't prove you'd be a great coach.
    Tell that to Magic Johnson....oh wait, I mean tell that to Isiah Thomas....oh wait. Bird was a good coach, but I think the best coaches were mediocre players.

Rep Level
    Malone could do what Hornaceck did a few years ago..join the team to help a player with one thing. He helped AK with his jump shot and now is an assistant. Let Malone work with the bigs and see how it goes.

Rep Level
    Big Al teaching Favors and Kanter all his low post moves and then Malone teaching them all of his moves? Yes please.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by margodydek View Post
    Tell that to Magic Johnson....oh wait, I mean tell that to Isiah Thomas....oh wait. Bird was a good coach, but I think the best coaches were mediocre players.
    I don't see any reason to think that, for players that are already at an elite level (and everyone in the NBA is an elite athlete, compared to the general public), that coaching skill would be related playing legacy in any meaningful. The reason most of the really good coaches were mediocre NBA players is because the vast majority of NBA players are mediocre NBA players.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell