Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Al Jefferson - Not nearly bothering me as much this year.

Sure, he has plays that make me cringe. Make me want to toss my laptop through my flat screen. Makes me scream obscenities and post angry diatribes.

But, there have been quite a few times this year I've been rooting for Al to get in the game. To get the ball down low.

And if I'm honest, I don't think he's been as much of a liability this year.

Now, if this is true I have to wonder why. Is it a case of Al trying harder in a contract year? Is it because we're seeing less of the Jefferson/Millsap combo? Is it due to Favors starting to get significant run?

All 3?

Not really sure. But, as much as I love to hate on Big Al, I'm kinda glad we have him.

Anyone with me?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    For me it is more effort on defence and him trying to go to the basket more. His Freethrow attemps are going up which I also like.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Too soon to start bumping all my pro-AJ with a good surrounding cast summer threads or should I wait until he keeps it up for 10 games?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Too soon to start bumping all my pro-AJ with a good surrounding cast summer threads or should I wait until he keeps it up for 10 games?
    Maybe wait a few games.
    30 games into the season would be a good sample size.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    His offense is looking better, but his defense is still ****ing horrible. He barely tries to play any D. He's not so much of black hole as he was before either. The problem with Al is that if he isnt on his game offensively then he becomes a huge problem. His defense is a big reason why we end up in big holes to other teams and dont blow anyone out. But then its his offense is what gets us out of the hole. This is why people cant make up their minds on him. He is so frustrating to watch.

I think this is kind of scary that he is playing better in a contract year too. We might re-sign him, only to see him play terrible again once he gets his money.

I think everyone is starting to feel like maybe we need him and maybe it could work with Favors playing next to him because Favors can cover some of Al problems on defense.

Its a tough decision for management to decide to keep him or not, but my guess is they do. Why? Because beggers cant be choosers, and Al wants to be here. Thats a big deal to this organization. I think we should all start warming up to the idea that he is here long term. As long as we dont go 5 years on his deal, then it shouldnt be so bad. If it doesnt work out then we can always trade him. He'll have value. Jazzfanz just doesnt think he has value.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Whenever you think you like Al, remember this:

IT IS A CONTRACT YEAR.

You don't want to be the team stuck with old Al after this year. Of course he looks better, he is looking to get paid.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The main difference, I think, is that he's looking to pass the ball first and score only if we need him to. He's actively looking for cutters and open shooters. He's also rebounding a bit above average right now too.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    wait till the playoff starts and by a miracle we would be in the playoff.
    he plays ZERO defense, while taking away miinutes from kanter and favors.
    with jefferson we will be a 500 team.
    jefferson sucks
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    why get rid of boozer if we take jefferson.

overall i think boozer was a better player.
    but no boozer also sucks
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    5 years, $80 million

</Boozer>

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He's been good the past few games, not really this year yet.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jefferson's D is bad...but his scoring has kept us in games. Without him we aren't above .500. I was at the Denver game, without him we get blown out

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    jefferson is as horrible defensively as he has ever been, don't kid yourself.

but yes, on offense he has had a few games where he's been other-worldly.
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yep, that 15 million couldnt be spent a better way.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jeffersons defense on the guy he is defending is better than Boozer and his help defense is better than Boozers. Neither are good but Boozer moved out of the way on defense sometimes Al does but usually he puts a hand up and sometimes he gets up and blocks a few shots. Boozers man defense was trying to slap the ball away when they pulled up for the shot, that is it. Al tries to stay in front and keep a hand up. Boozer was a little better on offense mostly because his mid range shot was pretty reliable, and better with pick and roll situations.

Jeffersons defense reminds me more of Okur's defense when he was about the same age. Poor lateral speed on help defense and not aggressive enough usually.