Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Level

Banned
    Rep Level
    Pop is the man. Screw heat fans and stern can suck it.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Popovich is an ass. The NBA needs to fine and suspend him, and let it be known that healthy players will be fined and suspended without pay. Those four players aren't being paid to sit games out.

Further proof the NBA is a joke.
    Congratulations on jumping to the top of the list for dumbest posters on this site!!! Keep it up!

Rep Level
    I'd be pissed if I was a fan who forked out several hundred dollars for tickets to this game. Even more pissed if I had to fly or drive hundreds of miles after forking out several hundred dollars for tickets.

Rep Level
    Stern is pissed and the Heat are losing.

Haha!!
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    I'd be pissed if I was a fan who forked out several hundred dollars for tickets to this game. Even more pissed if I had to fly or drive hundreds of miles after forking out several hundred dollars for tickets.
    Why should I care about you wasting more money than you can afford to watch a game? You want a rehab ticket to treat your obsession?
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Why should I care about you wasting more money than you can afford to watch a game? You want a rehab ticket to treat your obsession?
    I'm not a fan of any of those teams and didn't buy a ticket. And you probably shouldn't care even if I did.

The NBA, however, should absolutely care if fans are spending ridiculous amounts of money and then only receiving a partial product.

Rep Level
    I'm not a fan of any of those teams and didn't buy a ticket. And you probably shouldn't care even if I did.

The NBA, however, should absolutely care if fans are spending ridiculous amounts of money and then only receiving a partial product.
    This isn't that hard to understand. Pop rests his players. The first time? No.
    Fans know it's a possibility and they know why he's doing it.
    Trust me, if fans stopped following the Spurs .. tuning in, buying tix, etc.. they would put an end to it. Being a fan is sometimes more than just being entertained.. it's about being INVESTED in WINNING. That's the culture the Spurs have bred and I bet their fans (by a vast majority) are A OK with it.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Sterns gonna fine the Spurs for this?

The NBA should be about winning 1st, entertainment 2nd.

Pop obviously felt like this helps his team win in the long run.

Retarded that the NBA gets up in arms about this but not about the Warriors obviously tanking last year.

Shaking My Dreads.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Sterns gonna fine the Spurs for this?

The NBA should be about winning 1st, entertainment 2nd.

Pop obviously felt like this helps his team win in the long run.

Retarded that the NBA gets up in arms about this but not about the Warriors obviously tanking last year.

Shaking My Dreads.
    We were posting at the same time .. but yeah, I agree. I'll add this. The NBA is NOT fining for resting players, it's fining for Pop speaking out and making the NBA seem like the bad guy. If he had done it quietly .. no fine, guaranteed.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    We were posting at the same time .. but yeah, I agree. I'll add this. The NBA is NOT fining for resting players, it's fining for Pop speaking out and making the NBA seem like the bad guy. If he had done it quietly .. no fine, guaranteed.
    That makes sense. They did similar things last year with no penalties.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level

Yeah, we should be highly concerned for the people who can throw away $1000's per ticket without much regard but turn a cold shoulder to the "cheapskate" broke folks in the upper bowl who scraped pennies to take their families to their only game of the season.

Those poor millionaires might have to go eat caviar to make up for not seeing injured Ginobili.
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    Yeah, we should be highly concerned for the people who can throw away $1000's per ticket without much regard but turn a cold shoulder to the "cheapskate" broke folks in the upper bowl who scraped pennies to take their families to their only game of the season.

Those poor millionaires might have to go eat caviar to make up for not seeing injured Ginobili.
    Easily your best post ever.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    This isn't that hard to understand. Pop rests his players. The first time? No.
    Fans know it's a possibility and they know why he's doing it.
    Trust me, if fans stopped following the Spurs .. tuning in, buying tix, etc.. they would put an end to it. Being a fan is sometimes more than just being entertained.. it's about being INVESTED in WINNING. That's the culture the Spurs have bred and I bet their fans (by a vast majority) are A OK with it.
    The Heat fans who forked out hundreds of dollars, and drove for hours to get to the game, expected to see the Spurs best effort.

Every team should be giving their best effort every single game.

I'm sure the network that paid tens of millions to broadcast the game also expected to see the best effort.

If people start expecting less than the best effort, prices start going down. Not good for the league.

Rep Level

I was talking about the broke upper bowl folks attending their only game of the season. I doubt the people spending $1000s to sit courtside will be too upset. Half of them were probably gifted the tickets anyway and don't even follow the team.

I'm sure those upper bowl tickets in Miami are pretty expensive, especially for a big game like this one.