Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    That's different. If they suck .. **** m.

I just don't believe in going out knowing I can't tip.
    Oh I know. Perhaps that wasn't phrased well. I mean that I only tip less than 15% if the service not just sucks, but mindblowingly sucks. I'll always be prepared to tip at least 15%, though it seems like that's even cheap now. I'm wondering at what point when the percentage went up 20%. Regardless I do tip after taxes are added, so the effective rate for just the sub total is higher.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    PKM ur a baller bro i bet you tip from bentleys and lambos right bro
    fixed
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Like Wes/Gyp, I go at least 20% and I tip everyone. The pizza delivery guy $5, the Directv installer $20, the appliance delivery guy $20. Most of our spending money last summer at an all inclusive resort was spent on tips and it really made a difference. The drink girl came to our area on the beach more often than the people around us because she knew she was getting paid and we weren't getting thirsty.

What if you get takeout at a pizza place and have to pick it up. Do you tip? This is the one I struggle with. If we have a lot of food ordered, I leave a tip. If I'm getting a pepperoni for the kids, no tip.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Like Wes/Gyp, I go at least 20% and I tip everyone. The pizza delivery guy $5, the Directv installer $20, the appliance delivery guy $20. Most of our spending money last summer at an all inclusive resort was spent on tips and it really made a difference. The drink girl came to our area on the beach more often than the people around us because she knew she was getting paid and we weren't getting thirsty.

What if you get takeout at a pizza place and have to pick it up. Do you tip? This is the one I struggle with. If we have a lot of food ordered, I leave a tip. If I'm getting a pepperoni for the kids, no tip.
    That's a good question, I'm not sure on that one. I would probably not tip to be honest and I'm serious about my tipping because I waited tables at one time in my life. The one I struggle with is when I receive those pesky receipts that have a default tip line at the bottom for services that are borderline for tipping, like should I tip my morning coffee guy? It gets pretty pricey over time and all he does is hands me a coffee cup and I pour the coffee from the jugs that are provided - but that damn tip line is at the bottom of every receipt I have to sign. Curses and drat! Maybe I am subconsciously stingy because I am still a broke ass college student... but not for long! MUAHAHAHAHA

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why do you tip for example servers but not other professions a la if a company is renovating your home for price like 20000 USD, then you don't give tip to the person(s) whod do the actual renovation for about 4000 USD?
    Am i correct that nobody is paying tax about tip they recieve?
    When company is having a party, then they are not giving tip, because nobody isn't giving a written check for that, right?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Funny, I don't tip on pizza when picking it up, but I still tip fairly well if I'm picking up at a regular restaurant .. not sure of the logic .. but it's what I do.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't tip.

I don't tip just because society says I have to. If someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Funny, I don't tip on pizza when picking it up, but I still tip fairly well if I'm picking up at a regular restaurant .. not sure of the logic .. but it's what I do.
    Never thought to tip on carryout. Why should you tip? I was the one who hauled my ass down there to get the pizza.

If they drove it to my front door, using their time & gas then yeah they should get tipped.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If someone brings me my food, other than handing it over a counter or through a window, I tip. If it's nothing more than putting it on a tray or handing it through the drive-thru window, no. I tip the pizza delivery guy. Never thought about tipping an appliance delivery guy. I would never tip a Direct TV installer though. I never get a tip for doing service work in a house, why should I tip somebody else for doing it for me?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I don't tip.

I don't tip just because society says I have to. If someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
    Waitressing is the number one occupation for female non-college graduates in this country. It's the one job basically any woman can get, and make a living on. The reason is because of tips.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It depends on how many quarters I have on my person.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What does everyone tip sandwich delivery drivers?
    My love for Gordy Hayward is unabashed.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I don't tip.

They're just doing their jobs working at a business that can pay them less than minimum wage because of tips. Tipping is a personal choice, but not tipping because someone is just doing their job is poor justification for being a tightwad.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    If someone brings me my food, other than handing it over a counter or through a window, I tip. If it's nothing more than putting it on a tray or handing it through the drive-thru window, no. I tip the pizza delivery guy. Never thought about tipping an appliance delivery guy. I would never tip a Direct TV installer though. I never get a tip for doing service work in a house, why should I tip somebody else for doing it for me?
    It's a personal choice. I don't always tip the Directv guy. If they're just hooking up my receiver, I'm probably not tipping. But a month ago, my reception was spotty because I had my roof re-shingled and it loosened the dish. They sent a guy out to fix it and instead of simply fixing it, he hooked me up with a lot of newer stuff that made my existing system work even better and he didn't charge me to replace the stuff. He even got up in my attic to reconfigure some stuff and took his 30 minute service call to about 3 hours and left my house after 6pm. I was thrilled and more than happy to kick in some money to buy him and his wife (who called about 10 times to see when he'd be home) dinner.

If you came to my house for electrical work and really did a great job and did some unexpected stuff, you'd get a dinner out of it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Server wages in Utah are $2.13 an hr.

I tip at least 20 percent.

You'd be surprised how cheap most restaurant eating Utahns are. Then again, SL County servers are typically tipped out better than those in Utah County... When one works up in SL County the tip percentage usually hovers between 18-20 percent. In Utah County, all the Zoobies, gigantic Mormon families, and ultra conservatives are notorious for 10-15 percent tips. Receiving an avg tip percentage of 18 percent for most servers is a really good shift in Utah County...

I once served a family. Both parents were about 26-28 years old (he was at BYU Law School), already had 3 kids, ate like none other (and spilled a lot of the food on the floor), and then ended up tipping $3 bucks on a bill over 50 bucks. Nice job.
    Lakers Suck.