Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 146
  1. #91
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,626
    Rep Power
    33
    Rep Level
    5352
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    What movie is this one from?
    The Muppets take Manhattan.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Some people haven't seen Reservoir Dogs?
    Seriously. Bronco then followed suit and people still didn't pick up on it. Great opening scene. Classic QT.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I've heard that the restaurants are the most commonly failed business out there. But that was a while ago. Now with the majority being franchises, it might be a little different.
    If I was your accountant, I'd have to strongly advise you against it.



    Opening a restaurant that is.

  4. #94
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,621
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44548
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    If I was your accountant, I'd have to strongly advise you against it.



    Opening a restaurant that is.
    Damn straight.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  5. #95
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,004
    Rep Power
    63
    Rep Level
    12625
    I deliver pizzas. It's a pretty fun job, but it also sucks because of all the miles I put on my car.

    I usually tip 15% restaurants, and 5$ for anything delivered.


    If you order from somewhere regularly, and never tip, we remember.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    0
    And I would think that human resources issues would be the biggest challenge, that is if you have a great location, good food with consistently good quality and preparation, are able to keep your prices reasonable (I could make the best food in the world, but unless I'm in NY, LA or Chicago I may not find enough people willing to pay for it), and enough financial backing to get the thing off the ground.

    If your bartender is stealing from you, your head chef is running his own catering business out of your kitchen and using your inventory to boot, your wait staff is hooking up their pals with free meals and the hostess is suing you because she slipped on a recently mopped floor, it's going to be hard to stay in business no matter how good your location is or how tasty your menu is.

  7. #97
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,626
    Rep Power
    33
    Rep Level
    5352
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    If I was your accountant, I'd have to strongly advise you against it.



    Opening a restaurant that is.
    If I hear any more **** out of you, I'm gonna bust your head...put you back in that ****in' hole...and I'm gonna stick your head in the toilet bowl and make it stay there.

  8. #98
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,621
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44548
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    If I hear any more **** out of you, I'm gonna bust your head...put you back in that ****in' hole...and I'm gonna stick your head in the toilet bowl and make it stay there.
    You and that other dummy better start getting more personally involved in your work, or I'm gonna stab you through the heart with a ****ing pencil. Do you understand me?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  9. #99
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,997
    Rep Power
    35
    Rep Level
    5882
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Of course. You tourists clog our museums, restaurants, parks, entertainment centers, 24 hour transportation system, hospitals (when you piss us off) and all the other stuff that makes you leave a place where we'd never go to come to a place where we live.

    Naturally we're going to tax your ass to the moon.
    Don't worry, we won't tax you for being a Jazz fan from afar.
    The teacher teaches you; the master does not teach you, he helps you unlearn.

  10. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Neighborhood of Make Believe
    Posts
    1,567
    Rep Power
    21
    Rep Level
    1659
    delivering a couple pizzas = $5
    fast food = nothing
    sit down (very good service) = 20-30%
    sit down (average service) = 15-20%
    sit down (bad service) = 12-15%
    bellboy= $2-3 per bag
    taxi = about 15%

    I did however have beyond horrific service at an Olive Garden one time though. The meal for 2 without appetizer or dessert took 3 hours from when we were seated and we never had sodas refilled even once and couldn't even get our freakin' salad/breadsticks until we had been there for over 2 hours - yes we talked to the manager too. No profanity was used, but we did express our frustrations. I left about 20 pennies in the shape of a large "F" on the edge of the table for a tip. I have never done under 12% even for bad service any other time ever and have never regretted my tip that time either. FYI, they were only moderately busy.

  11. #101
    Senior Member //r00t 4 Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,725
    Rep Power
    22
    Rep Level
    1826
    My mom worked as a waitress as a 2nd job (at night) when I was growing up so I am always over thinking about how much when I go out.

    Glad to read I'm about on par with most, except with appliance delivery only had it once in my life (new bed) thought about it but I almost never have cash on me because using debit as a credit card now days is just too easy. So I have like numerous free or gifted car wash things to places that when you come out they dry off your car and what not that never get used because of that, well that and I wouldn't know how much to tip. (Unlike Gyp who can't go do to restraining order of being around HS aged girls)


    So lastly hair cut tipping never got answered, although this one could be hard just depending on the place and what not.

  12. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Neighborhood of Make Believe
    Posts
    1,567
    Rep Power
    21
    Rep Level
    1659
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    My mom worked as a waitress as a 2nd job (at night) when I was growing up so I am always over thinking about how much when I go out.

    Glad to read I'm about on par with most, except with appliance delivery only had it once in my life (new bed) thought about it but I almost never have cash on me because using debit as a credit card now days is just too easy. So I have like numerous free or gifted car wash things to places that when you come out they dry off your car and what not that never get used because of that, well that and I wouldn't know how much to tip. (Unlike Gyp who can't go do to restraining order of being around HS aged girls)


    So lastly hair cut tipping never got answered, although this one could be hard just depending on the place and what not.
    I go to Sports Clips. I usually leave $3, but if she was really good and is cute I will do a few extra bucks.

  13. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    You and that other dummy better start getting more personally involved in your work, or I'm gonna stab you through the heart with a ****ing pencil. Do you understand me?
    Here are two words for you. Shut the **** up.

  14. #104
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,464
    Rep Power
    75
    Rep Level
    18773
    How much does a Rabbi get paid to do a circumcision??








    50 bucks... Plus tips!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

  15.  

     

  16. #105
    Senior Member Marty McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    17
    Rep Level
    367
    20% at any sit down place, 3-4 bucks for pizza unless it's really bad weather or they get it to me super quick in which case I'll go a bit higher. $2 for my cheap ass haircuts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •