Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I always enjoying a rousing round of conversation with my fellow coworkers when i bring up the fact that in general "black people aren't good tippers".
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    20% at any sit down place, 3-4 bucks for pizza unless it's really bad weather or they get it to me super quick in which case I'll go a bit higher. $2 for my cheap ass haircuts.
    My son and I went to a supercuts that was having a $6 haircut sale. I paid my barber with a $20 and said I didn't need any change. He told me he'd be sure to split it with the other barber, but he kind of said it like he was pointing out that I was tipping two people, like I wasn't tipping enough. I said "awesome, thanks" and left. It's not my regular haircut place, but all the same I felt like tipping $4 per $6 haircut was a damn good tip. That's what I would have left if the haircuts were $12 a piece.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Me and 9 other friends all went to IHOP for all you can eat pancakes. All of them besides me were Arab/Pakistani/Indian. Some of them ate many plates (all of them are skinny btw) and afterwards asked for a new plate of pancakes just so they can get take a plate home with doggy bag. Not a single one of them tipped and just left and I was the one of the last ones left talking with a friend. I decided not to tip either I just got the **** up and left. Better pretending we forgot or someone else jacked it then give my 2 dollar share imo was my thinking at the time.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    I always enjoying a rousing round of conversation with my fellow coworkers when i bring up the fact that in general "black people aren't good tippers".
    I worked as a waiter at Friendly's once and can confirm this.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    Me and 9 other friends all went to IHOP for all you can eat pancakes. All of them besides me were Arab/Pakistani/Indian. Some of them ate many plates (all of them are skinny btw) and afterwards asked for a new plate of pancakes just so they can get take a plate home with doggy bag. Not a single one of them tipped and just left and I was the one of the last ones left talking with a friend. I decided not to tip either I just got the **** up and left. Better pretending we forgot or someone else jacked it then give my 2 dollar share imo was my thinking at the time.

Awesome. The next group of Pakistani/Indian/Arab guys that go in there will be treated real well, I bet.

If it was me I would have tipped for the whole table. I've done it before when I was with jackasses who sat and nit-picked just so they could justify their cheap-asses not leaving a tip.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Why do you think that is?

here's a semi-related story

http://consumerist.com/2010/08/23/do...er-30-minutes/

From unveiling a new recipe to promising more honest ads, Domino’s has done a great deal to restructure its image in recent months. And then some jackass delivery guy in North Carolina has to go and ruin the fun for everyone by dropping the “N word” on a customer’s receipt.
    A woman in Apex, NC, had just taken delivery of two Domino’s pizzas when her 10-year-old niece pointed out the words “N**GER” and “DON’T TIP” at the bottom of the receipt.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    Just enforcing stereotypes my man

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    One time where I am against tipping is when someone charges you for a service, profit included, and then expects a tip also.

Example: My wife went and got her nails done recently. She was charged $20 or so which obviously makes up for supplies and the 15 minute time it took, but then my wife tipped her $15. So $35 for getting her nails done just because she wants the nail person ( a friend of hers) to like her more or not think she is cheap or something.

On the other hand I was a waiter for 4 years and old people, mormons, minorities and women are the worrrssttttt tippers.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    One time where I am against tipping is when someone charges you for a service, profit included, and then expects a tip also.

Example: My wife went and got her nails done recently. She was charged $20 or so which obviously makes up for supplies and the 15 minute time it took, but then my wife tipped her $15. So $35 for getting her nails done just because she wants the nail person ( a friend of hers) to like her more or not think she is cheap or something.

On the other hand I was a waiter for 4 years and old people, mormons, minorities and women are the worrrssttttt tippers.
    I know that when I was waiting tables and from what the people I've known who waited tables there is a common assumption that Mormon's don't tip well. Especially the young couple with several young kids who tear the place apart and get food everywhere. More than once I've heard the notion expressed that they act like they've done us all such a great service by popping out a bunch of kids that there's no need for them to leave a good tip.

In case you're a young LDS person with several kids reading this, let me fill you in. We don't care about your kids. We don't think they're cute and no one is happy about having to clean up after them when they've smeared food and broken crayons all over the place. If anyone should be leaving a bigger than normal tip it's people who come in and order the two cheapest entrees on the menu and share two kids meals between their 5 kids, all the while taking up a table for longer than normal and leaving it a disaster zone.

Hot tip, if you want better service order a bar drink. That let's the server know you're not LDS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Hot tip, if you want better service order a bar drink. That let's the server know you're not LDS.
    Or not with another Mormon.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I did a lot of waitressing through high school and college - tips were pretty good, esp. considering I typically worked at a diner/greasy spoon or pizza parlor type of place. I once got a $100 bill as a tip (on about a $25 bill) - I also had some regular customers at a place I worked one summer who would always leave me a couple joints rolled up in a $5 (which was a very good tip by itself) - - I didn't smoke really, so I gave them to the cooks - - who were always real nice to me. That was the summer I worked the 11 PM - 7 AM shift, needless to say it was pretty interesting!

At any rate, I usually tip between 15% - 20% and base my tip on the amount and quality of service. I'll tip a lower percentage at an overpriced place, particularly if the bill is inflated by a couple rounds of expensive drinks. A couple of $10+ glasses of wine are less trouble to serve than a $4 bottomless Pepsi. If it's at an inexpensive place and the service is decent, I'll tip 25% - 30%.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I know that when I was waiting tables and from what the people I've known who waited tables there is a common assumption that Mormon's don't tip well. Especially the young couple with several young kids who tear the place apart and get food everywhere. More than once I've heard the notion expressed that they act like they've done us all such a great service by popping out a bunch of kids that there's no need for them to leave a good tip.

In case you're a young LDS person with several kids reading this, let me fill you in. We don't care about your kids. We don't think they're cute and no one is happy about having to clean up after them when they've smeared food and broken crayons all over the place. If anyone should be leaving a bigger than normal tip it's people who come in and order the two cheapest entrees on the menu and share two kids meals between their 5 kids, all the while taking up a table for longer than normal and leaving it a disaster zone.

I stopped taking my kids out to eat for this very reason. Not the bad tipping part, the part about the mess. I refuse to let my kids make a mess someone else has to clean up, but my kids are young and have a hard time sitting still that long. I don't remember the last time we went out to eat at someplace other than Arctic Circle or Cafe Rio. But I always would leave about 20% tip (and clean up the majority of my kids' mess).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Women are really crappy tippers. They're too loud, indecisive, leave 0 tip, and stay past closing time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Awesome. The next group of Pakistani/Indian/Arab guys that go in there will be treated real well, I bet.

If it was me I would have tipped for the whole table. I've done it before when I was with jackasses who sat and nit-picked just so they could justify their cheap-asses not leaving a tip.
    This is what I would do as well. I just don't get being a douche, I guess.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    Women are really crappy tippers. They're too loud, indecisive, leave 0 tip, and stay past closing time.
    Their hearts in the right place, they just suck at math.
    #dumptruckin