Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing Interest

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Losing Interest

I've been following the Jazz for nearly 20 years, but this team and coach have just flat out deflated my interest. I recall when I couldn't wait for the next Jazz game and now I don't even care. The board here reflects that as well, as there is so much personal banter and so little Jazz talk, at least Jazz talk of any substance. I'm really discouraged and I guess I need to find a new outside interest. This whole Burks thing was the last straw, as I've posted before, the Jazz have not done a good job of developing players and to see the same things happen every night without any adjustments drives me batty. It's like when we had Boozer and Memo -- both good players but not complementary -- and now the same with Al and Sap. Well, everyone has been seeing this for a long time, as we did with the former pair, and yet management has not acted to fix the situation. It's very frustrating.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    have you tried watching other nba teams bro?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've been following the Jazz for nearly 20 years, but this team and coach have just flat out deflated my interest. I recall when I couldn't wait for the next Jazz game and now I don't even care. The board here reflects that as well, as there is so much personal banter and so little Jazz talk, at least Jazz talk of any substance. I'm really discouraged and I guess I need to find a new outside interest. This whole Burks thing was the last straw, as I've posted before, the Jazz have not done a good job of developing players and to see the same things happen every night without any adjustments drives me batty. It's like when we had Boozer and Memo -- both good players but not complementary -- and now the same with Al and Sap. Well, everyone has been seeing this for a long time, as we did with the former pair, and yet management has not acted to fix the situation. It's very frustrating.
    I think you're feeling the weight of social media. Our DNA is not prepared for such immediate and diverse interaction.. much less over sports. It was easier to be excited for a team before there was such hyper-opinionated banter over real-time events. It's a process .. and I admit I'm a bit of a purest that misses the old days when fans just rooted for their team, vs. dissect every second of every game/interview/scouting, etc.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Honestly, 9-8 for this team in November (and the one game in October) for a team that's played 11 of the 17 on the road is not too bad. Not that I'm thrilled or anything, but I don't see the sky falling yet.

If they can hang around this record (well maybe 4 or so games above .500) until January it'll look even nicer with all those home games to make up.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Honestly, 9-8 for this team in November (and the one game in October) for a team that's played 11 of the 17 on the road is not too bad. Not that I'm thrilled or anything, but I don't see the sky falling yet.

If they can hang around this record (well maybe 4 or so games above .500) until January it'll look even nicer with all those home games to make up.
    I agree. Only problem is I don't see this team with a ton of hidden talent/upside .. we just need much better playing time/substitution patterns, consistently.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Sounds like you've changed. Cause the game certainly hasn't.

Great idea. They need to be split up. Lets trade one of them to Detroit and take back Villanueva for 3 years of ****, because guaranteed thats the offers were getting right now.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I agree. Only problem is I don't see this team with a ton of hidden talent/upside .. we just need much better playing time/substitution patterns, consistently.
    Love it.

Sloan had too rigid substitutions. Never played the hot hand.
    TyCo plays the hot hand. People bitch about certain players not getting enough minutes.

lol
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Love it.

TyCo plays the hot hand. People bitch about certain players not getting enough minutes.

lol
    lol .. define hot hand.

Points? Defense? Boxing out? Effort?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ty cannot win, until he does. That's the bottom line. It doesn't really matter what us peasants have to arm ourselves with. For me, he's got this year and maybe next to show his chops, for others he never had a second.

If you win your enemies can't hurt you, and if you lose your friends can't save you.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Wow, what an interesting read!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have been frustrated this year but I have never been more excited and enjoyed watching the Jazz more personally.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    do you guys feel like basketball is just a game sometimes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I too find myself less excited about the team. And I'm not talking compared to 15 years ago, but a year ago.

I think some of it is the fact that the team hasn't really improved much since last year, and last year's success was fairly surprising. However, I think the biggest part of it is that the 82-game seasons stretched over 6 months now feels slow and plodding. The 66-game season starting at Christmas turned out to be a really good idea. The Jazz were playing every other night, at least. It was easy to get excited about games. Now, the game finishes and I have 2-3 days off when I can either forget about Jazz and therefore decrease my excitement over the whole show by the time the next game rolls around, or I can surf the internet for a zillion inane articles, analyses, PER-rankings and other pseudo-scientific quackery that is no substitute for the real thing. Jazz games.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Love it.

lol
    LOL.. That's the exact opposite definition of Corbin. This play-by-play proves it;

http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CitizenofCapua again.
    #dumptruckin