Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing Interest

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    Now, the game finishes and I have 2-3 days off when I can either forget about Jazz and therefore decrease my excitement over the whole show by the time the next game rolls around, or I can surf the internet for a zillion inane articles, analyses, PER-rankings and other pseudo-scientific quackery that is no substitute for the real thing. Jazz games.
    Jazz have only had one stretch where they've had more than one day off. They've had 4 back to backs with the fifth tonight.

What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hate to be the elephant in the room...

But I think we're just tired of this team.

Millsap? He maxed out probably a good year or two ago. He isn't getting any better.
    Big Al? Like the last year of Boozer, we all know what we're getting and we've lost all hope that he might actually attempt to play defense.
    Mo? Yep, we know he's a SG in a PG's body. Our other PGs are way past their primes.
    Hayward? Has been disappointing.
    Burks? What the hell is going on there?
    Favors? Talented we want to see him more. Unfortunately, most of us are realizing that he's more Tyson Chandler than Karl Malone.
    Kanter? Inconsistent.
    Marvin Williams? Usually invisible on the road.
    Foye? A nice 3 point chucker who does little else.

What this team really needs is a good trade. Gotta find a way to unload either Millsap or Jefferson. We've been talking about this for 2 years now. Pretty obvious that one or both of those guys need to be traded to make room for Kanter and Favors.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Hate to be the elephant in the room...

Millsap? He maxed out probably a good year or two ago. He isn't getting any better.
    Big Al? Like the last year of Boozer, we all know what we're getting and we've lost all hope that he might actually attempt to play defense.
    Mo? Yep, we know he's a SG in a PG's body. Our other PGs are way past their primes.
    Hayward? Has been disappointing.
    Burks? What the hell is going on there?
    Favors? Talented we want to see him more. Unfortunately, most of us are realizing that he's more Tyson Chandler than Karl Malone.
    Kanter? Inconsistent.
    Marvin Williams? Usually invisible on the road.
    Foye? A nice 3 point chucker who does little else.

What this team really needs is a good trade. Gotta find a way to unload either Millsap or Jefferson. We've been talking about this for 2 years now. Pretty obvious that one or both of those guys need to be traded to make room for Kanter and Favors.
    So, you're done, right? We have already found out that your boy Wes (whoever) is also out. Just want to keep current. I don't know if you have actually given up on the team again, yet.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    LOL.. That's the exact opposite definition of Corbin. This play-by-play proves it;

lol yeah, ty corbin is a good man, but he is a poussy when it comes to trusting the youth.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    So, you're done, right? We have already found out that your boy Wes (whoever) is also out. Just want to keep current. I don't know if you have actually given up on the team again, yet.
    Oh. Ok. Didn't know that you were concerned with me. So if that's the case, I'll explain.

First of all, I was never "on" this team. I don't understand what you mean by, "out." I mean, what expectations did you have for them? If they win a few games, great. If not, it's not like I was expecting them to really do much.

Secondly, I'm so busy with school and work right now, I really don't care too much about the Jazz. I'll watch them if I have free time. Besides, it's still too early to get into basketball mode. Football is still going strong, duh!

Thirdly, yeah, interest is dwindling for many people for the reasons I posted above. It's still football season, this team hasn't made the necessary moves to truly compete, and we've seen what Millsap and Jefferson can do. We're still a 6-8 seed and we're not developing the youngins. It just feels like we're renting them (Millsap and Jefferson) out right now instead of building and developing a championship team. Feel free to agree or disagree with me. Because, after all, you're supposedly concerned with how I think and feel.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kanter? Inconsistent.
    thats the result of inconsistent minutes
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've been following the Jazz for nearly 20 years, but this team and coach have just flat out deflated my interest. I recall when I couldn't wait for the next Jazz game and now I don't even care. The board here reflects that as well, as there is so much personal banter and so little Jazz talk, at least Jazz talk of any substance. I'm really discouraged and I guess I need to find a new outside interest. This whole Burks thing was the last straw, as I've posted before, the Jazz have not done a good job of developing players and to see the same things happen every night without any adjustments drives me batty. It's like when we had Boozer and Memo -- both good players but not complementary -- and now the same with Al and Sap. Well, everyone has been seeing this for a long time, as we did with the former pair, and yet management has not acted to fix the situation. It's very frustrating.
    IAWTP...I'm not sure why I re-upped by NBALP to be honest because I have little to no interest in even watching the games.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've been following the Jazz for nearly 20 years, but this team and coach have just flat out deflated my interest. I recall when I couldn't wait for the next Jazz game and now I don't even care. The board here reflects that as well, as there is so much personal banter and so little Jazz talk, at least Jazz talk of any substance. I'm really discouraged and I guess I need to find a new outside interest. This whole Burks thing was the last straw, as I've posted before, the Jazz have not done a good job of developing players and to see the same things happen every night without any adjustments drives me batty. It's like when we had Boozer and Memo -- both good players but not complementary -- and now the same with Al and Sap. Well, everyone has been seeing this for a long time, as we did with the former pair, and yet management has not acted to fix the situation. It's very frustrating.
    ...don't know if you caught this on the General NBA thread but here's the/your/our problem in a nut shell! The NBA product is UNWATCHABLE for more than 5 minutes max! Explained very nicely by this sports writer from N.Y. City. As he correctly points out, even if our favorite team won 60 games......it would still be unwatchable and depressing!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...VYL101rHVp3H/0

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    LOL.. That's the exact opposite definition of Corbin. This play-by-play proves it;

Uh. Actually it proves my point.

When the hell has Kanter ever played till the 3 minute mark of the 4th this year?

Let alone a 9 minute stint.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    lol .. define hot hand.

Points? Defense? Boxing out? Effort?
    Then I guess we need to bench both Paul and Al, because neither of them have been boxing out well, or playing anything resembling good PnR defense.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Then I guess we need to bench both Paul and Al, because neither of them have been boxing out well, or playing anything resembling good PnR defense.
    I was simply making the obvious point that there's more to deserving playing time than just scoring the ball. I realize that's obvious, wasn't trying to be a prick.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Thriller is right.

I am sick of this team.

To tell you the truth, I'm already sick of the next team too.
    Lindsey should skip the next phase and just blow this thing up.

That would make things more exciting.

I'm just too smart to not know what's coming and know how it will play out, and I don't like it one bit.
    VINDICATION

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Are you an out of state/overseas guy? The only remedy for my occasional Jazz burnout in my case has been to get away from watching them on T.V. and to go to more games in person and just enjoy the whole experience. Or just watch them only when they play other teams you're also interested in seeing play too, that might help put some anticipation back in until they start playing more compelling basketball- whatever that means to you.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I really don't care as much as I have in years past. The Jazz are always my favorite team I care about the most (SF Giants, TB Buccaneers). This year I'm not feeling it.

Kanter, Burks, and Favors may not be the answer, but I'm ready to see if they are. I've seen enough of Big Al, and even Sap. Big Al and Sap will NEVER EVER EVER (get back together) win us a title or make us elite.
    Making them the focus of these team is laughable, and soul crushing
    "FEEL LIKE I'M ALL FLESH AND NO BONE
    I'M NOT THE SHAPES THAT I'M SHOWN
    HOPE I GET IT RIGHT TOMORROW"

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Cool story. Get out, no one cares.
    :^D