Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    from what i see:
    -he sets much much better screens than last year, because of being in a better shape
    -his midrange jumper has finally arise
    -he looks significantly small near other centers, i think he should play 4
    -his hairstyle is way better now
    personally, i think he'll eventually reach to his potential if given chance to play. but i don't think that will happen in jazz uniform, sadly. either him or one of al or sap should be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Kanter should get no less than an opportunity to play 15 minutes next game .. but no free pass if he's sucking. Get him in early, with an opportunity at 25 .. let him know he's got 5 minutes to show his effort last game wasn't a fluke... and go from there.

He takes Saps minutes, imo.
    Corbin has never rewarded Kanter for playing well. Even with the game Kanter was having last night, Corbin pulled him out and put in Millsap. With Favors out, I expect Millsap to get 40 minutes and Evans to get 8; I doubt Kanter will get even 12.

Seriously, I have little doubt that Kanter will be rewarded with more minutes. Why is it that only rookies or young guys have to earn minutes? Millsap has been sucking lately and he still gets his minutes. The only time he sat was in the fourth quarter when Favors was playing well. I would think that the young guys are still looking over their shoulders because their minutes are limited.

Kanter's performance would be more consistently like last night if he got consistent minutes. Of course he is going to lay an egg every once in a while but so did Malone. I have been ready for the young guys to play. I know what Millsap and AJ can do but I think both Kanter and Favors have only shown a little of what they can do. One of the big guys have to go, either Millsap or AJ. Just think if the Jazz get a high pick with the GS pick and the best player is a PF or C, how are they going to find minutes next year if they re-sign both Millsap or AJ. You can't realistically do it without losing one of our two young guys.

I would rather increase Favors/Kanter's minutes, play Evans 10 minutes and decide between AJ and Millsap. I would also play Burks more. I know he has struggled but how can you seriously evaluate him with the lack of playing time. Foye is not going to be here next year. give Burks about 15-18 minutes to see if he can get his game going. Right now the Jazz are a .500 (9-8) and after last night's game one can see the difference in a championship caliber team and an average team. It is time to grow some balls as an organization and trade AJ/Millsap and play the young guys.

Highlights like these make me positively yearn for a legit PnR PG for these young bigs.

I'm getting very close to thinking we should trade both Al and Paul (even though the latter is my boyee)...

Bust

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Corbin has never rewarded Kanter for playing well. Even with the game Kanter was having last night, Corbin pulled him out and put in Millsap. With Favors out, I expect Millsap to get 40 minutes and Evans to get 8; I doubt Kanter will get even 12.
    This is the killer. Carrol has a game like Kanter did, and he's starting for the next month.

Corbin has it out for Favors, and especially Burks, and Kanter.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    This is the killer. Carrol has a game like Kanter did, and he's starting for the next month.

Corbin has it out for Favors, and especially Burks, and Kanter.
    Sorry, dude, but this is more butt-hurt than I thought you'd get. But, yeah, a ****ing trade better happen soon to free up some minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Highlights like these make me positively yearn for a legit PnR PG for these young bigs.

I'm getting very close to thinking we should trade both Al and Paul (even though the latter is my boyee)...
    This. Good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

There is something seriously wrong with your coaching when your leading scorer only gets 15 minutes.

And a coach that knows how to teach it. 90% of the time on this team when a big goes to set a pick it is completely botched and serves no purpose at all.

Sorry, dude, but this is more butt-hurt than I thought you'd get. But, yeah, a ****ing trade better happen soon to free up some minutes.
    Ok a little too much agreed. Can we agree that he makes it harder on them?
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I really didn't see him struggling at any point this year. It was just lack of consistent minutes and limited touches IMO. Yes, he's not rebounding as well, but last year he wasn't scouted and maybe that's where those came from along with a bigger body.
    What are you kidding? He's struggled plenty. One good game doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Ok a little too much agreed. Can we agree that he makes it harder on them?
    To be honest, the only thing I definitely from Corbin is the institution of a conservative one-dimensional offense + a lackluster commitment to policing his own defensive changes. I get so mad at both of these things that I'm prone to butt-hurt comments myself.

Banned
    thunders