against the rockets

no the other rockets

no, like thesebut not quite

more like this

Derrick Favors hurt his arch

and Marivn is still feeling the effects of his concussion

so we might see play tonight.

Al is going to play big minutes again tonight,
    he will be happy with the results tonight, will you?
    Last edited by mellow; 12-01-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    I'm worried that despite Favors not playing that Kanter will only get about 15 minutes.

Last night he deserved at least 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Did you know that Jazz have .550 of games against Houston all time.

Jazz beat Houston on Nov 19 102-91. It was an ugly game where the Jazz shot 40% and Houston shot 35%. Jazz were led in scoring by hayward, 15 points on 12 shots. Harden had the flu and Houston had played a late game the night before.

Delfino, Parsons and Aldrich are questionable for the game.

Rockets give up the 2nd most points per game in the NBA at 101.5, but they score the 5th most at 102.

Since they last played each other the Jazz have played 5 games in 4 Cities. The Rockets have played 4 games, but only one on the road in OKC on Wednesday, they have been waiting for the Jazz since then. The rockets beat the Bulls, Knicks (by 28) and Raptors (but everybody beats the raptors).
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    This is what I don't get:

In 31 minutes last night Millsap had 13 points and 6 rebounds.
    In 39 minutes last night Jefferson had 16 points and 11 rebounds.
    In 15 minutes last night Kanter had 18 points and 7 rebounds.

I understand that Millsap and Jefferson played against Perkins/Ibaka. Kanter did as well and just because of his size he was able to do more. I find it interesting that almost every time that Favors and Kanter get extended minutes they perform very well. Coincidence?
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Love your GT's mellow.. That's a consolation game after last night. Go Jazz!!

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I'm worried that despite Favors not playing that Kanter will only get about 15 minutes.

Last night he deserved at least 20.
    Is it become definite?
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    Is it become definite?
    No, but very doubtful. Have you every had a strained arch in your foot? It hurts to walk let alone jump and run a a high level.

Rep Level
    Here is a quote from Rocketts GM Daryl Morey on why he drafted Royce White (Royce has melted down and is not with the team). It is shocking how different his philosophy is from the Jazz's 'play it safe' strategy.

Drafting Royce White: "His upside is that great. I really think he's a top-five talent. Without some of the risk factors, he would have gone ... I don't know exactly where, but for sure in the top 10 if not the top five. For us, especially prior to having James [Harden], and prior to some of the other moves, we were just so desperate for at least one guy who's got elite talent and I think he's got it. Will we ever get it out on the floor? That's the question. Given where we were strategically, taking a lot of swings at really high-upside guys was more rational than taking a lot of safe bets."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2Dq5NWGBD

Terrence Jones and Scott Machado were sent down to the D-Leauge today.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    No, but very doubtful. Have you every had a strained arch in your foot? It hurts to walk let alone jump and run a a high level.
    Hope his absence won't take too long..
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Rep Level
    Hope his absence won't take too long..
    We will need him on Monday against the Clippers. I'm doubtful (personally, I have not heard anything) that he will play. I remember hurting the arch on my right foot and it seemed to take 6 months to completely go away and about a week to start walking normal. Maybe I'm a wuss though.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Here is a quote from Rocketts GM Daryl Morey on why he drafted Royce White (Royce has melted down and is not with the team). It is shocking how different his philosophy is from the Jazz's 'play it safe' strategy.

Drafting Royce White: "His upside is that great. I really think he's a top-five talent. Without some of the risk factors, he would have gone ... I don't know exactly where, but for sure in the top 10 if not the top five. For us, especially prior to having James [Harden], and prior to some of the other moves, we were just so desperate for at least one guy who's got elite talent and I think he's got it. Will we ever get it out on the floor? That's the question. Given where we were strategically, taking a lot of swings at really high-upside guys was more rational than taking a lot of safe bets."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2Dq5NWGBD

Terrence Jones and Scott Machado were sent down to the D-Leauge today.
    I agree about Whites ability. I have to admit that I wanted him for the Jazz but as soon as his issues became a huge thing this season I was glad that the Rockets had that issue and not the Jazz.

I'm very surprised to hear that Jones was sent to the DL.

Rep Level
    Didn't Favors say he hurt it against the Rockets, but he has been playing through the pain until he couldn't anymore?

This is one of those games that is a scheduled loss. Jazz playing 3rd game in 4 nights and a back to back on the road while the home team is resting and waiting. Since Stern wants the Rockets to win this one, why not just let Kanter play 34 minutes and burks 36?
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Didn't Favors say he hurt it against the Rockets, but he has been playing through the pain until he couldn't anymore?

This is one of those games that is a scheduled loss. Jazz playing 3rd game in 4 nights and a back to back on the road while the home team is resting and waiting. Since Stern wants the Rockets to win this one, why not just let Kanter play 34 minutes and burks 36?
    Because the Jazz might win and get better (for the long term) if they do.

Rep Level
    We will need him on Monday against the Clippers. I'm doubtful (personally, I have not heard anything) that he will play. I remember hurting the arch on my right foot and it seemed to take 6 months to completely go away and about a week to start walking normal. Maybe I'm a wuss though.
    And there haven't been nothing unusual during the OKC game. He was walking properly till he goes to the bench, imo its a minor injury unlike yours orangello. We know NBA players recover faster but 6 months or a longer period than couple of weeks? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Take care at your foot btw.
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Rep Level
    And there haven't been nothing unusual during the OKC game. He was walking properly till he goes to the bench, imo its a minor injury unlike yours orangello. We know NBA players recover faster but 6 months or a longer period than couple of weeks? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Take care at your foot btw.
    It was tears ago. Maybe I am a wuss. Thanks for pointing it out.

Rep Level
    Agreed with the comment that this is a scheduled loss. It's a big upset of the Jazz pull this one out.