Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R.I.P. Big Rick.......

https://twitter.com/PorterMoser/stat...42009255931904

RIP to my friend and mentor Coach Majerus. I learned so much about the game and life. We lost a One of the best! My heart is heavy tonight.

Legend. I went to a few basketball camps where he was featured growing up and actually really liked a few of those Utah teams....despite being Mr. BYU, and Majerus was a big part of that.
    How can he have wisdom whose talk is of bollocks?

Whoa. For real?
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

LTV should speak at the funeral. At the very least, he should share one last Majerus story on JF for old times sake.

He was as good as it gets as a basketball coach. RIP.

****in sad.

RIP Rick. Thanks for helping me to learn to hate Kentucky.

Banned
    RlP

How can he have wisdom whose talk is of bollocks?

Great coach, great guy (I'm sure), and really funny.

I have many fond memories of the guy ..I wish I had the opportunity to know him personally. Damn .. that's a big loss to cbb .. and I can't imagine the family. Prayers.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Surprised he made it to 64 to be honest. RIP Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Great coach, great guy (I'm sure), and really funny.

I have many fond memories of the guy ..I wish I had the opportunity to know him personally. Damn .. that's a big loss to cbb .. and I can't imagine the family. Prayers.
    He was definitely not popular with everyone. Best coach the Utes ever had though.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...at-age-64.html
    Longtime University of Utah basketball coach Rick Majerus died Saturday at the age of 64 in Los Angeles.

Majerus had reportedly been in grave health for several weeks and according to USA Today, his death was confirmed by his girlfriend, Angie Kvidera Saturday evening.

Majerus, who was hired by Utah in April of 1989, led the Utes to some of their highest heights in his 15-year stay at Utah, including 10 conference championships and a runner-up finish in the 1998 NCAA Tournament.

He resigned at Utah in the middle of the 2003-04 season due to health concerns and worked as an analyst at ESPN for three years before taking the head job at Saint Louis University. Two weeks ago, it was announced that Majerus would not return as the Billikens coach due to his declining health.

Majerus suffered health problems throughout his tenure at Utah.

Just six games into his first season, Majerus underwent open-heart surgery for a seven-bypass operation and missed the rest of the season. Later his missed the 2000-01 season because of his poor health.

"I heard from Mr. (Jon) Huntsman of Coach Majerus' passing and all of us in the University of Utah community are deeply saddened," Utah Director of Athletics Dr. Chris Hill. "Rick left a lasting legacy at the University of Utah, not only for his incredible success and the national prominence he brought to our basketball program, but also for the tremendous impact he made on the young men who were fortunate enough to play on his teams. His standard of excellence extended beyond the basketball court and into the academic and personal success of his players. He will be deeply missed and we grieve for his family and all of his friends."

More information will be forthcoming.
    The word you are looking for is very probably "complement", not "compliment". As in "Favors and Kanter will likely complement each other nicely". Although... depending on how impressive a given play is, they may compliment each other nicely as well.

You can't live most of your life sickningly obsese, eating nothing but fat, salt, and sugar, never exercising, coaching (one of the most stressful professions out there) for years and not have it take a toll on you.

RIP
    Corbin sucks.

Hopefully him and Larry Miller can eat whatever they want up in heaven. Goes to show how eating crap will kill you. RIP.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Quote Originally Posted by UB View Post
    ****in sad.

RIP Rick. Thanks for helping me to learn to hate Kentucky.
    Thought this was appropriate.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.a...id=888&style=2
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

RIP Rick.

Sad... he was the best coach the Utes ever had on the hardwood. His teams spoiled me growing up.