Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    Yes, true, affirmative....

Rep Level
    After watching the Jazz against the Thunder, I have no faith that they will sniff a championship with most of their current players. Al should be getting half his current contract, Millsap should be the tenth guy on the bench, Kanter and Favors should be getting solid BENCH minutes behind much better players than Millsap and Al. Hayward can be a solid sixth man, that's fine, but we need someone much better to start. Our entire starting lineup should be first off the bench to better players at every position.

I've seen plenty of bench players who can do exactly what our entire team can do. We have no superstar, and unless something changes quickly, none of our current roster will be.

Rep Level
    Or his value comes back down to earth and the Jazz have found a path to both re-sign him and also eventually bring him off the bench.

We could still definitely trade the guy that has never been good at basketball, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    Also, at what point do you start to worry that team management is a real problem when you start to have so many players souring on playing for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    Sap hasn't shot above 46% in 9 games.

He is down to 44% fg shooting (career low) and has career high turnovers.

He looks lost, like he doesn't care (and still is getting 31 mpg)

I say its time for a role/team change

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekate View Post
    Paul Millsap for Darren Collison maybe I can't think of anything right now. Collison' defence sucks though.
    Maybe you could land Collison on the cheap. Hell Dallas benched him for Derek Goddamn Fisher, who proceeded to show 1-8. Wth is Dallas thinking?
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    It's time to switch things up and Paul is stinking it up right now. We need to make room for our new guys and pass the rings to someone else.
    totally. I think sap will go first since the start of the season. and then big al will follow. that's the year things really find their way around for the jazz.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"

Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Dave Locke:
    The Jazz PR guy just walked by shaking his head at you.
    What did you do?

Kanter: I dropped a bomb.

~I'm sure it's hell to go to the public bathroom Kanter uses.

Rep Level
    We really should do a trade for bledsoe shouldnt we. But that would mean that we will have 3 ex-clipper pg's. BUt bledsoe is a much more pure pg than the two we have now.

Over the last 3 years, it has become apparent that milsapp just isnt a starter in the nba - sure he can fill that role for a short period, and do it well, but he cannot sustain it for long periods. In the end, his undersize just catches up against him, especially when he is playing agst opposition starters. He really should go back to the bench, and jus try to dominate the second teams.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Maybe you could land Collison on the cheap. Hell Dallas benched him for Derek Goddamn Fisher, who proceeded to show 1-8. Wth is Dallas thinking?
    Rick Carlisle is a good coach and I don't think he would bench Collison for no reason. His stats are not good with his poor defence and he is at best on par with Mo.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekate View Post
    Rick Carlisle is a good coach and I don't think he would bench Collison for no reason. His stats are not good with his poor defence and he is at best on par with Mo.
    But much cheaper and seems to have less of an ego. Another positive is that he is as much of a vet as Favors/Hayward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    What about we trade millsap for some good assets, and then trade jefferson to get him back, cauz jefferson isn't worth a ****

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    But much cheaper and seems to have less of an ego. Another positive is that he is as much of a vet as Favors/Hayward.
    Yeah, cheaper and younger but he didn't really improve over the years and has a declining %FG.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Or his value comes back down to earth and the Jazz have found a path to both re-sign him and also eventually bring him off the bench.

We could still definitely trade the guy that has never been good at basketball, though.
    I am sincerely interested. What would you pay Paul, if you were GM?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I am sincerely interested. What would you pay Paul, if you were GM?
    I know this question was not posed to me but I will answer anyway. I would pay Millsap slightly more than Brandon Bass. Take it or leave it Pauley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    I think Millsap is good value at $7 to $7.5. Once you hit $8 to $8.5 you start to get on thinner ice. At this point you say okay we will go 4 years at $7.5, but only 3 at $8.5...

However, once it hits $9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, or 11 you have to start looking at 2 years or walk away.