$7MM Tops. Anything else is homerism.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    $7MM Tops. Anything else is homerism.
    So I just looked up Bass' pay. $6,000,000 $6,450,000 $6,900,000. I think we are on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    ^^^ Yeah ... I know it hurts. It sucks to 'discover' a player and then have to trade him/let him go.

To win, we have to properly valuate players.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Two years ago I would have said that Millsap is the best undersized PF in the league by a long shot. As of today, he might be the best but not by much. Glen Davis and Brandon Bass are either getting better or Millsap is getting worse.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    ^^^ Yeah ... I know it hurts. It sucks to 'discover' a player and then have to trade him/let him go.

To win, we have to properly valuate players.
    I agree with this but I would only add that you have to develop talent as well. Favors and Kanter seem to have some high value but I think that if we wait until next year to really give them a chance it might be too late.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Two years ago I would have said that Millsap is the best undersized PF in the league by a long shot. As of today, he might be the best but not by much. Glen Davis and Brandon Bass are either getting better or Millsap is getting worse.
    I have always been a Davis fan .. but I think they are vastly different players.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    I have always been a Davis fan .. but I think they are vastly different players.
    Not when they first got to the league. They were hustle players that rebounded well when they were on the floor. Davis seems to still have that going for him while I feel like Millsap has become a slight diva.

Rep Level
    Patrick Patterson is now showing backup PF potential: Millsap is the best of the lot. Big Baby, Bass, Patterson.... notice that all of them are starters but ought to be bench players. That is why their teams are stuck in mediocrity.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by blackham9258 View Post
    Patrick Patterson is now showing backup PF potential: Millsap is the best of the lot. Big Baby, Bass, Patterson.... notice that all of them are starters but ought to be bench players. That is why their teams are stuck in mediocrity.
    Great point. I might add that one of those is also playing with an elite PG.

Rep Level
    WAY too early to talk about trading Sap.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Not even close. Talking about trading Millsap this early last year would gave been too early.

Fast forward a year and thus conversation seems like it is taking place too late.

Rep Level
    Way too early to talk about trading Sap? More like it is way to late. Should have traded him at the draft to move up and get Lillard. I still believe that a deal with Sacrament could have and should have been done. Sacramento didn't need a PG... what they needed was to surround Cousins with a true pro who is a starter at PF... thats Sap. With Sap they then have 2 consummate pro's in Sap and CHuck Hayes. The offer would have been simple: Millsap and GSW pick for #5 plus we take on the final year of Garcia. I don't see how they don't do that deal... they get Millsap at his prime from 27-33 on a reasonable contract, they get a lottery pick and all they give up on is another lottery pick that won't be good because they are Sacramento and it was a bad draft. Also, T Robinson will take time to develop and has Derrick Williams written all over him....Sacramento needed maturity and a pick...

Too soon to trade Sap? With Sap slumping it may be too Late!

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    That's perplexing.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by blackham9258 View Post
    Way too early to talk about trading Sap? More like it is way to late. Should have traded him at the draft to move up and get Lillard. I still believe that a deal with Sacrament could have and should have been done. Sacramento didn't need a PG... what they needed was to surround Cousins with a true pro who is a starter at PF... thats Sap. With Sap they then have 2 consummate pro's in Sap and CHuck Hayes. The offer would have been simple: Millsap and GSW pick for #5 plus we take on the final year of Garcia. I don't see how they don't do that deal... they get Millsap at his prime from 27-33 on a reasonable contract, they get a lottery pick and all they give up on is another lottery pick that won't be good because they are Sacramento and it was a bad draft. Also, T Robinson will take time to develop and has Derrick Williams written all over him....Sacramento needed maturity and a pick...

Too soon to trade Sap? With Sap slumping it may be too Late!
    We are on the same page.

Rep Level
    That's perplexing.
    So is the fact that both Millsap and Jefferson are still Jazzmen.