Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The NBA needs to get creative so small markets can either retain talent or attempt to buy a championship. I wonder if something like a 5 year exception where a team can spend up to $25mm on one player for a one or two year rental would make a difference. Good but not great teams could give guys a reason to shop around for championships. It would also be a nice way for teams to overpay someone without the worry of being straddled with a long term garbage contract.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Why are we digging deep to imagine up every fault with the Jazz organization possible when it's the NBA structure that ensures this mess happens? D-Will and Boozer out of Utah. Pau to LA, Kobe to LA, Shaq to LA. Chris Paul to LA? Nope, we need another good LA team and they'll be getting Howard anyway.

Dickwad David Stern has ensured small market teams never have an outside shot at winning. I'm a Jazz fan and I blame him over KOC, Corbin, AJ, & Foye.
    Oh so Stern forced KOC to draft Lopez, Snyder, Borchardt, Brewer, Humphries.... I get it.... I bet Stern forced us to sign Amaechi, Palacio, Cheaney, McLeod, Radojevic, J.Collins and other scrubs back in the day as well.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    Can't compare NFL and NBA, too different.

In the NBA if you don't have a top 10 player you are not winning anything. It's just how it is in a 5 on 5 game like basketball.

And we very much do need to hope we draft one because we aren't getting one like the Heat did.

Look at the last 20 or so years for example. The champ teams best player was drafted by that team.

Jordan, Olajuwon, Duncan, Kobe, Dirk.

So the Heat are the ones who got the guy via FA. The rest drafted the great player, surrounded him with the best squad they could and had great coaching.

I think that's what is making so many of us crazy. We want to know what we have in our young guys. Can Favors be a DPOY? Or not?

What do we have in Burks in Kanter? How good can they be.

We know what we have in al and Paul and we won't have them next year most likely. Yet our coach wants to put a cinder block on these young guys head.

We won't even make it past the first round with this starting lineup. At least I our young guys are great we could pull a Pistons and get far.

I think it's his so uninteresting to watch Ala dn Paul and the other vets taking the majority of minutes. It's not just a treadmill team it's a DI treadmill team. Defines mediocre. That =boring IMO.

Just my 2 cents.
    Hate to tell you but Kobe was NOT drafted by the Lakers. He was traded to the Lakers..... and your name says it all

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Hate to tell you but Kobe was NOT drafted by the Lakers. He was traded to the Lakers..... and your name says it all
    Draft night trades for players are no different than a team drafting a player. The hornets had agreed to trade Kobe to to the Lakers before picking him.

Refer to username.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    Draft night trades for players are no different than a team drafting a player. The hornets had agreed to trade Kobe to to the Lakers before picking him.

Refer to username.
    I can vouch for this case. Kobe was destined to the Lakers before the balls were pulled.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I can vouch for this case. Kobe was destined to the Lakers before the balls were pulled.
    Would this be more proof that the NBA is rigged?