Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Level
    My senior year of HS I worked at a new local seafood restaurant that had just opened up. I was a Busser/Washer and it sucked hard because the kitchen was way too small for the capacity of the restaurant and management had **** for brains. I walked out one night at rush hour during the opening night of the bar because they had yet to fix the dishwasher that had been broken for 2 weeks.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    It wasn't just the blades. The "sawdust" particles would stick to everything and there would be goop stuck all over in the blade housings as well.
    Believe me I know - I remember talking the owner's son into buying one of those power hoses. I'd used to open up the blade housing and just blast the crap right out of them. I 'd get it all over me but it was better than having to get in there to clean it.

BTW - how did you get that job at 15? You'd think it be illegal working with all that heavy equipment. I applied for the job about 3 weeks before my 18th birthday. They initially turned me down and told me to come back in a month.

Rep Level
    My paper route was pretty crappy too now that I think about it. Section 8 housing and trailer parks. I remember some guy telling me to get off his garden or else he was going to shoot me. His "garden" was a pile of rocks in front of his trailer. People were constantly harassing me on that route. Nothing you can really do as a 10 or 11 year old. I hated that route so much that I just threw the papers away in the church dumpster and didn't actually deliver them most of the time.
    The teacher teaches you; the master does not teach you, he helps you unlearn.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    I'm working my own grift. Maybe not as fancy as yours, but it'll do for now.
    Cool. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Banned
    Rep Level
    Telemarketer. Hours felt like years, 120 phone calls a day, 90 of which were abusive and if you made 4 sales in a day, you were a superstar. It was brutal.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    BTW - how did you get that job at 15? You'd think it be illegal working with all that heavy equipment. I applied for the job about 3 weeks before my 18th birthday. They initially turned me down and told me to come back in a month.
    Keep in mind this was back in 1982. That and it was a very small northern Utah town and a family owned business. They probably had no idea it was a liability to hire a 15 year old because he'd work for $2.50 an hour.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level
    All jobs suck.

I built a collections dept. from the ground up and worked that through college for 3.5 years. It became very emotionally draining on top of being repetitive and mundane, something I can't stand in any job. It was so bad that I couldn't hire someone to replace myself. On the plus side, that's when I got into poker pretty heavy and made a lot of money online while calling clients to demand payment.

I also worked for a Larry H. Miller dealership selling cars. That man had no soul.
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    All jobs suck.

I built a collections dept. from the ground up and worked that through college for 3.5 years. It became very emotionally draining on top of being repetitive and mundane, something I can't stand in any job. It was so bad that I couldn't hire someone to replace myself. On the plus side, that's when I got into poker pretty heavy and made a lot of money online while calling clients to demand payment.

I also worked for a Larry H. Miller dealership selling cars. That man had no soul.
    Your tank is full. Please clear so I can message you. Thanks.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Your tank is full. Please clear so I can message you. Thanks.
    Even an email hoarder can make room for one of yours.
    No Mediocrity

Rep Level
    Dishwasher when I was 14 at a small Italian restaurant in Sandy called Gucci's. The owner/cook was really mean and would cuss and yell at me for everything. They baked everything in porcelain dishes and it would cake right on the sides of it which made it really hard to clean. It was always super busy too. People would line up out the door. It was the best Italian food ever, but they decided to move and upgrade which didnt go well and they went out of business.

True story
    \/\/\/

One night I begged the waitress, who was in her twenties and was the daughter of the owner, to pull her Blazer around front because I was really desperate to drive. I pulled it around front and was unable to stop and I crashed the Blazer straight through the building, knocked a wall completely out and caused a bunch of damage. It was right in the dishwasher room next to the kitchen. The cook who was the son of the owner was this really tall(6'5" or more) skinny guy, but was really mean too. He freaked and chased me down the road. He was going to beat my ass. I never ran so hard in my life. I ran all the way home 2 miles away. After all that was said and done I kept my job because they liked me.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    Telemarketer. Hours felt like years, 120 phone calls a day, 90 of which were abusive and if you made 4 sales in a day, you were a superstar. It was brutal.

Ya, I did that too when I was sixteen. It was right when DTV came out. Thats who I worked for.

You arr right. Time really goes by slow. They are also slave drivers. They monitor everything you do.

Good thing about it was this hot ass 21 year old girl took a liking to me because she trained me. She started molesting me. No lie. I was all for it though. We would fool around at work and in her car. Great memories.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Dishwasher when I was 14 at a small Italian restaurant in Sandy called Gucci's. The owner/cook was really mean and would cuss and yell at me for everything. They baked everything in porcelain dishes and it would cake right on the sides of it which made it really hard to clean. It was always super busy too. People would line up out the door. It was the best Italian food ever, but they decided to move and upgrade which didnt go well and they went out of business.

True story
    \/\/\/

One night I begged the waitress, who was in her twenties and was the daughter of the owner, to pull her Blazer around front because I was really desperate to drive. I pulled it around front and was unable to stop and I crashed the Blazer straight through the building, knocked a wall completely out and caused a bunch of damage. It was right in the dishwasher room next to the kitchen. The cook who was the son of the owner was this really tall(6'5" or more) skinny guy, but was really mean too. He freaked and chased me down the road. He was going to beat my ass. I never ran so hard in my life. I ran all the way home 2 miles away. After all that was said and done I kept my job because they liked me.
    ftw
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post

True story
    \/\/\/

hahaha.

Where was Gucci's?

I grew up in Sandy, never heard of it.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    I was a telemarketer for 2 years in high school for TrendWest (timeshare).

I freaking loved it.

Definitely a job I wouldn't want now, but at the time I just convinced myself the people on the other end of the phone weren't real and it was all just a game.

It probly helped that I worked for an "anything goes" telemarketing place and I was an a-hole 17 year old. Telemarketing where you had to be honest and they monitor your calls and stuff would freaking suck.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Rep Level
    I worked at a car wash/gas station in Bountiful. $6.50 an hour, crappy work, and all the Bountiful kids hated me for some reason. Maybe because I hated it so much that I barely even tried.