Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Burks was disappointing. In Jazzland, that means we won't see him for the next 7 games. I don't know how I feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    It was brutal. This team is talented, but IMO the coaching isn't doing it any favors. The biggest issues I'm seeing is that the Jazz do not know who they are. What is their identity?
    You can't really have an identity if your starting lineup are all free agents next year, IMO. There needs to be some sense of a core within the team. All the top teams have it- Clippers, Spurs, Memphis, Heat, hell even the Knicks with Melo and Chandler.

This is the problem, our core- if we have one- consists of Jefferson and Milsap and that's about it. Those two are the only constants who get 30+ minutes night in and night out for sure and have been here. But Milsap's future is up in the air. Jefferson's PnR and help defense makes me want to punch babies. Favors is clearly the best big man we have and he can't get more than 25 minutes on the floor at a time. Even with that, he's stuck helping the helper out because the other players rely on him to clean their mistakes up.

If this Jazz team is going to have any sort of an identity, at the VERY least Hayward and Favors need to be in the starting lineup and need to be relied on even if they lose games because of it, it will help in the sense of an identity because right now the guys getting 30+ minutes are all very likely to not be here next year (Mo, Sap, Jefferson, Foye, Marvin) and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    He outplayed CP3, IMO
    Yay.

Man, if only the refs hadn't stolen the game!
    Corbin sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    He outplayed CP3, IMO
    My question is why cant he pass like that every game and look to get teammates going? Why does he only do this when CP3 is in town and has something to prove? Everything else he did tonight is his usual game.

#Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

To say the bench was horrendous in the 2nd half is an understatement. Man they were horrid.

This team needs Favors back in the worst way.
    It started with Earl [Watson], Randy [Foye] and Marvin [Williams]–the veteran guys. I thought the young guys did a good job of following their lead getting us off to a good start. - referring to the Jazz/Bobcats game on 3/1/13

Earl, Randy, and Marvin started the first quarter 0-3, scored a whopping zero points, and finished with a turnover in the first quarter.

Your head coach of the Jazz ladies and gentlemen.

On another note Dick Bavetta is the worst ref in NBA history. The fact he continues to hold his job is absolutely stunning. In any real industry he would have been fired long ago.
    It started with Earl [Watson], Randy [Foye] and Marvin [Williams]–the veteran guys. I thought the young guys did a good job of following their lead getting us off to a good start. - referring to the Jazz/Bobcats game on 3/1/13

Earl, Randy, and Marvin started the first quarter 0-3, scored a whopping zero points, and finished with a turnover in the first quarter.

Your head coach of the Jazz ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    On another note Dick Bavetta is the worst ref in NBA history. The fact he continues to hold his job is absolutely stunning. In any real industry he would have been fired long ago.
    Can't agree more. He seems to be so full of himself. He is the Dennis Rodman of refs. He isn't good for the game.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Bad officiating, sure. But the Jazz just blew it. Just stupid late game play. So many poor decisions. I think this is something that lands squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. The team was not prepared, and has not been prepared all year, for these late game, late quarter situations. I think a Sloan coached team would have had a better game plan at the end of a game like this.
    Yea, SLoan was undefeated when he coached the Jazz. There were plenty of times when the Jazz couldn't get a play off with Sloan coaching. The Jazz didn't lose on one play last night. They lost because they didn't execute many plays down the stretch while the Clippers made the plays when it counted. Was it Ty 's fault that AJ got blocked? Was it Ty's fault that the ref called a foul instead of a flop when Billups got "fouled" on his 3pt shoot. The Jazz had these guys on the ropes and couldn't put them away so the lost is on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    You can't really have an identity if your starting lineup are all free agents next year, IMO. There needs to be some sense of a core within the team. All the top teams have it- Clippers, Spurs, Memphis, Heat, hell even the Knicks with Melo and Chandler.

This is the problem, our core- if we have one- consists of Jefferson and Milsap and that's about it. Those two are the only constants who get 30+ minutes night in and night out for sure and have been here. But Milsap's future is up in the air. Jefferson's PnR and help defense makes me want to punch babies. Favors is clearly the best big man we have and he can't get more than 25 minutes on the floor at a time. Even with that, he's stuck helping the helper out because the other players rely on him to clean their mistakes up.

If this Jazz team is going to have any sort of an identity, at the VERY least Hayward and Favors need to be in the starting lineup and need to be relied on even if they lose games because of it, it will help in the sense of an identity because right now the guys getting 30+ minutes are all very likely to not be here next year (Mo, Sap, Jefferson, Foye, Marvin) and they know it.
    Amen brother. Maybe if the Jazz keep losing then the organization might get a clue and realize that they have to develop the young guys even if it means losing more than winning for a few years.

Dick Bavetta should NEVER be allowed to ref a Jazz game. I swear if I was at the arena I probably would smack the old man and tell him to go to hell because he already cost the Jazz a championship. The guy needs to be put out to the pasture.

Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    On the lighter side, Evans 17 foot jumper in the 2nd brought a huge smile to my face. Despite some defensive lapses, he played well.
    Wait I thought Evans couldn't shoot within 5 feet of the basket. This shows right here that most of you on here have no idea what he is capable of. I know someone will say but it was only one well that's the coach fault for telling him not to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Dick Bavetta should NEVER be allowed to ref a Jazz game. I swear if I was at the arena I probably would smack the old man and tell him to go to hell because he already cost the Jazz a championship. The guy needs to be put out to the pasture.
    No you would not have. Dont be a liar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Yea, SLoan was undefeated when he coached the Jazz. There were plenty of times when the Jazz couldn't get a play off with Sloan coaching. The Jazz didn't lose on one play last night. They lost because they didn't execute many plays down the stretch while the Clippers made the plays when it counted. Was it Ty 's fault that AJ got blocked? Was it Ty's fault that the ref called a foul instead of a flop when Billups got "fouled" on his 3pt shoot. The Jazz had these guys on the ropes and couldn't put them away so the lost is on the team.
    I said a Sloan-coached team would have had a better game plan. I didn't say that would have guaranteed a win. The team (yes the players on the floor) made a series of horrible decisions. Better players would have made better decisions, but short of having better players the coach should have better prepared the low BBIQ players we have on on this team (I'm looking at you, Jefferson) with a game plan they could execute. It's not all Ty's fault. Especially not just the one loss. My comment was in regard to what I've seen all year as a lack of any game plan for end of quarter and end of game situations. For example, the Jazz don't even seem to be aware of obvious 2-1 opportunities at the end of quarters. A smart player doesn't need a coach to tell him to take advantage, but if your players aren't aware the coach needs make them see it and take advantage of it.

That's all, bro. No need for the "Sloan was undefeated" stupidity.