Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 160
  1. #1
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,339
    Total Rep Points
    26864
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100

    Zimmerman/Martin Case

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...dy-nose-photo/

    Does the photo of Zimmermans injuries change your stance on that case in any way? If so how?
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  2. #2
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,707
    Total Rep Points
    20375
    Rep Adjustment Power
    81
    Zimmerman claimed he had the back of his head slammed into the ground so I would like to see proof of that!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

  3. #3
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,387
    Total Rep Points
    44131
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    This and the Memphis Three thread.

    CSI:jazzfanz
    #lol

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    racialism?

  5. #5
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,339
    Total Rep Points
    26864
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Zimmerman claimed he had the back of his head slammed into the ground so I would like to see proof of that!!


    Go to second 28...
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    when i first heard of this story i thought it was racialism. then, i thought, maybe it's reverse-racialism.

    discuss.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    None of this "evidence" changes the fact that this deluded **** stalked a kid who likely (wouldn't you?) felt in danger.

  8. #8
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,339
    Total Rep Points
    26864
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    None of this "evidence" changes the fact that this deluded **** stalked a kid who likely (wouldn't you?) felt in danger.
    I'm sure Martin was worried that some weird creepy dude was following him aroun but that is not a crime.

    The issue is did Zimmerman have "justifiable cause" for shooting Martin. Did it go from Zimmerman being some weird wanna be cop following him to Martin whoopin that ass to the point Zimmerman felt his life was in danger. These photos certainly help his case.

    I think what I've decided is that while Zimmerman is the reason he is dead he had no intention of killing or even harming Martin. I think he gets manslaughter or is let off.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    He killed him, but he was also getting his ass beat, it will be tough if not impossible to convict him of anything above manslaughter.

  10. #10
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,339
    Total Rep Points
    26864
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    He killed him, but he was also getting his ass beat, it will be tough if not impossible to convict him of anything above manslaughter.
    That is where I am at as well.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  11.  

     

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    8,747
    Total Rep Points
    8493
    Rep Adjustment Power
    46
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  13. #12
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,339
    Total Rep Points
    26864
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Interesting read. I disagree with some of your terminology and what not but you bring up interesting points. I think at most they will get him for manslaughter.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  14. #13
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,199
    Total Rep Points
    3687
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    If it wasn't murder then it wasn't manslaughter. If he was defending himself, with Florida's "stand your ground" laws, he will not be convicted of anything. Despite the possibility he was the aggressor there's simply no way to prove that to the extent required for a murder/manslaughter conviction, especially since he did suffer injuries and there's no one alive to provide a first hand account to counter Zimmerman's story.

    Zimmerman will walk, I'd put money on it.

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    If it wasn't murder then it wasn't manslaughter. If he was defending himself, with Florida's "stand your ground" laws, he will not be convicted of anything. Despite the possibility he was the aggressor there's simply no way to prove that to the extent required for a murder/manslaughter conviction, especially since he did suffer injuries and there's no one alive to provide a first hand account to counter Zimmerman's story.

    Zimmerman will walk, I'd put money on it.
    He'll definitely walk, but the prosecution has 0% chance if they go for anything other than manslaughter.

  16. #15
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,199
    Total Rep Points
    3687
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    I just read your blog. Just a technical point I'd like to make, guns don't "go off," they're fired. To be certain, Zimmerman fired his gun at Martin with lethal intent.

    There is a question in all this I don't really know the answer to. If Zimmerman was the aggressor and your story is fairly accurate, at what point does Zimmerman surrender his right to self-defense? If I can make a loose analogy, just because a girl is making out with you and wearing provocative clothes (or not wearing clothes) she retains the right to say "no" at any point. So, even if Zimmerman was following Martin and harassing him, does that mean he has surrendered his right to defend himself should Martin react to the harassment by attacking Zimmerman? Unless Zimmerman struck first Martin would have committed a crime by physically attacking Zimmerman, correct? So doesn't Zimmerman have the right to protect himself from an illegal physical attack?

    Now, to me this is actually a big problem for supporters of individuals' right to self defense and by extension the right to use firearms for self defense. If I can basically taunt someone, sort of like the big brother poking at his little brother while saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you," then when the person being taunted responds I pull out my firearm and kill them and claim justified self defense. That's not okay in my book, even though I'm a very avid supporter of a person's right to defend them self. I think that's what may have happened in this case. I think a clearer guideline needs to be established based on this case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •