Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    i guess defines mean nothing to you.

ask the chicago coach how much rebounds/assit means when there is no defense
    Maybe you should be ragging Sap! Jefferson wasn't the issue.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We all know that the league loves to screw us over in favor of a team like the Clippers. I mean, just look at how many times the Clippers have been in the playoffs and the Finals compared to us.....

The Magic beat the Lakers the other night. Was the league trying to promote Glen Baby Davis over Kobe and Dwight?

I just want to get on the same page as some of you. Orlando is a bigger market than Los Angeles, right?

Stupid Stern and his refs!
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    Yes because the other big men were shutting down the paint defensively except for Jefferson.

He got beat on the pick and roll late. He did play much better man defense than Milsap. He tried to contest shots and had a couple awesome blocks. He will never be able to man up CP3 from the 3 pt line. Help defense needs to come over and it didnt.

wtf jefferosn played defense?

what alternate universe are you from.
    what portal did you sue to get here?
    can i get in on that?
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    Maybe you should be ragging Sap! Jefferson wasn't the issue.
    jefferson took 17 shots.
    scored 16 points

sap only took 8 shots scored 13.

sure i should be ragging on sap?
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    wtf jefferosn played defense?

what alternate universe are you from.
    what portal did you sue to get here?
    can i get in on that?
    I assume you did not watch the game and are looking at the Box score. Based on your crazy assessment. Jefferson played good defense on Griffin when he guarded him unlike Milsap. He also protected the rim on help defense unlike Jefferson.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    I assume you did not watch the game and are looking at the Box score. Based on your crazy assessment. Jefferson played good defense on Griffin when he guarded him unlike Milsap. He also protected the rim on help defense unlike Jefferson.
    I watched the game.
    blake is just a better offensive player.

sometimes when trying your hardest hustle and play D
    the other player is just better at offense than you are at D.
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    We all know that the league loves to screw us over in favor of a team like the Clippers. I mean, just look at how many times the Clippers have been in the playoffs and the Finals compared to us.....

The Magic beat the Lakers the other night. Was the league trying to promote Glen Baby Davis over Kobe and Dwight?

I just want to get on the same page as some of you. Orlando is a bigger market than Los Angeles, right?

Stupid Stern and his refs!
    Well, who knows the involvement of the top in the day to day affairs of the NBA game action? However, it was a nice F-you Dwight for what you did to all of us, your teammates, your coach, and your city. So it did make a nice story: old team comes into Dwight's new shiny arena with the movie stars looking on and unite together all the while employing the Hack-a-Dwight as he shoots horrendously from the stripe and essentially prevents the Lakers from running any offense. If there is involvement, it is certainly more nuanced than this caveman like good/bad big/small dichotomy you're suggesting.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I watched the game.

Please stop!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Well, who knows the involvement of the top in the day to day affairs of the NBA game action? However, it was a nice F-you Dwight for what you did to all of us, your teammates, your coach, and your city. So it did make a nice story: old team comes into Dwight's new shiny arena with the movie stars looking on and unite together all the while employing the Hack-a-Dwight as he shoots horrendously from the stripe and essentially prevents the Lakers from running any offense. If there is involvement, it is certainly more nuanced than this caveman like good/bad big/small dichotomy you're suggesting.
    Oh. Ok. So it's a story huh?

So why would the NBA let the Nets lose against Miami on Saturday? Wouldn't a better story be to have the upstart Nets, with a destroyed city, take out the defending champs? Wouldn't ratings increase if the Heat struggled?

The Bucks beat the Celtics on Saturday too. Why would the NBA want to see the Celtics lose?

Just admit it, there isn't a conspiracy. We were outplayed. Plain and simple. Sure, there were a few bad calls. But there were bad calls when we played Houston and OKC. There will be bad calls on Wednesday and Friday. There are always bad calls.

The Clippers are a better team, better coached, and made plays. We're too soft, our players either aren't played or don't make plays, and our coach doesn't do anything to help us win.

Bitching about the officiating is seriously the most pathetic thing fans can do. It's thee lowest form of communication. Just stop. We lost because of our players and coaches, not because of the refs and Stern's grand conspiracy.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I watched the game.

Point proven that you did not watch the game. He let him have open dunks and open layups, that is not being a better offensive player. Being a better player is when you make contested shots and are working hard and scoring. Even Harpring said that was the easiest points Griffin has ever gotten in a game.

Way to prove you either did not watch the game or have no ability to look at this game objectively.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jefferson can't defend the pick and roll very well. And when he's left with guarding Chris Paul forget about it. But that's true for about 28 other teams out there. Millsap's rotation wasn't exactly great either. But on offense he was pretty good. The only problem he has on offense is the FT's. He needs to get more FT's. And that was the issue tonight. He was 8-17. That's not great but it isn't crappy either. He needs to get a move where he goes TO the basket instead of away from it. He is so good at creating space for himself that he rarelly gets fouled. And he has to find away around that. But he was dunking the ball, blocking shots and passing the ball. All things ppl said he couldn't or wouldn't do.

He wasn't the problem.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    has anyone been called for that new flop rule yet?

this I got from wiki. you probably are aware of it:

On November 21, 2012, Brooklyn Nets forward Reggie Evans became the first NBA player to be fined for flopping. After having been warned for a previous offense, the NBA league office identified an instance of flopping on Evans in the Nets' loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on November 20, 2012. Evans was fined $5,000.
    they are not too strict on applying the rule for everyone.

nevertheless, they should call more flops than those kind of technicals:

Last edited by addictionary; 12-04-2012 at 06:29 AM.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Very Questionable Officiating?

Jazz were playing a team from LA, the team from LA is supposed to make the playoffs, the team from LA is full of 'stars'. David Stern picks the officiating crews for every game. I think the outcome was exactly as the NBA wanted.

Nobody believes this is a real competiton do they? Remember Disney, with its predictable plots and princeses, owns NBA partners ABC & ESPN. It helps if you can think of the NBA not as a competition, but more of a live action theatre. Chauncey clearly understands its all an act. Just relax and be entertained.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by just because View Post
    He should have dunked that shot that jordan block at the end of the game. You can't do a floater over a guy who can jump out of the gym.
    You dont dunk on them either though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Oh. Ok. So it's a story huh?

So why would the NBA let the Nets lose against Miami on Saturday? Wouldn't a better story be to have the upstart Nets, with a destroyed city, take out the defending champs? Wouldn't ratings increase if the Heat struggled?

The Bucks beat the Celtics on Saturday too. Why would the NBA want to see the Celtics lose?

Just admit it, there isn't a conspiracy. We were outplayed. Plain and simple. Sure, there were a few bad calls. But there were bad calls when we played Houston and OKC. There will be bad calls on Wednesday and Friday. There are always bad calls.

The Clippers are a better team, better coached, and made plays. We're too soft, our players either aren't played or don't make plays, and our coach doesn't do anything to help us win.

Bitching about the officiating is seriously the most pathetic thing fans can do. It's thee lowest form of communication. Just stop. We lost because of our players and coaches, not because of the refs and Stern's grand conspiracy.
    You've nailed it again! You really have you're finger on the pulse of humanity. Pleasure, pleasure!