Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    Point proven that you did not watch the game. He let him have open dunks and open layups, that is not being a better offensive player. Being a better player is when you make contested shots and are working hard and scoring. Even Harpring said that was the easiest points Griffin has ever gotten in a game.

Way to prove you either did not watch the game or have no ability to look at this game objectively.
    When someone is so much bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, more athletic, more skilled ........ its a tough match up to say the least. Not saying Al is a great defender but I think JF expectations are a little too high when taking Al's athletic ability into account.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Bitching about the officiating is seriously the most pathetic thing fans can do. It's thee lowest form of communication. Just stop. We lost because of our players and coaches, not because of the refs and Stern's grand conspiracy.
    I agree that last night was no evidence of some conspiracy against Utah. What we saw was an aging official who made some really stupid calls, an official who likes to get all dramatic and be part of the show, and who seems to enjoy getting fans riled up. It was pretty crappy officiating, but there are always bad calls in every game. Games can hinge on momentum-changing calls, and that three-pointer foul was a def. boon for the Clippers, but Utah shouldn't have allowed them to be so close to begin with.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It was bad officiating, but we didn't lose because of it. We lost because of mistakes and they upped the intensity in the end of the game, we didn't match it. And the fact that Kanter was playing well and decided to go with Al and Millsap thought at this time Ty should've gone with Al and Kanter with Sap at sf. With Hayward and Mo in the backcourt, don't think Millsap would've had too much trouble guarding Butler.

As far as the refs go I do remember thinking what ever happened to home court advantage, and thinking shouldn't we be getting some of these calls, but sometimes the aggressors get the most calls and late in the game the Clippers played with more energy at the end of the game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    Yes because the other big men were shutting down the paint defensively except for Jefferson.

He got beat on the pick and roll late. He did play much better man defense than Milsap. He tried to contest shots and had a couple awesome blocks. He will never be able to man up CP3 from the 3 pt line. Help defense needs to come over and it didnt.
    CP3 makes Duncan look like a scrub in the pick and roll. I certainly think it would have helped having Favors but I don't put all the blame on AJ considering how lousy our guards defense is most of the time.

As far as the refs go, it was Bavetta. Are Jazz fans still surprised when he screws the Jazz. I really am looking to see if Billups gets at least a warning because his flop was all NBA.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I felt one of the turning points was Al going down the lane, and instead of going strong all the way to the hoop he pulled up and tried that stupid push shot that was blocked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If the league is truly trying to get rid of flopping then they need to fine Billups considering how obvious it was and how it affected the game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    You've nailed it again! You really have you're finger on the pulse of humanity. Pleasure, pleasure!
    this xenophobic status quo lover poster is right about something. no loss can be blamed on the refs, you win or you lose. but, you have every right to emphasize every single obvious mistake (or false calls on purpose) and question them. just shutting up about it also looks deliberate. refs were clearly a factor last night. but the jazz had the talent to overcome it. they could not.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Since I was at the game and didn't get the benefit of replay, can someone tell me if Foye got the shot off in time at the end of the game. The ref not named Bavetta or Mauer was waving it off before it missed but it looked like he got the shot off to me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Since I was at the game and didn't get the benefit of replay, can someone tell me if Foye got the shot off in time at the end of the game. The ref not named Bavetta or Mauer was waving it off before it missed but it looked like he got the shot off to me.
    No he didn't. It really wasn't even that close.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    No he didn't. It really wasn't even that close.
    Okay. I was just curious, not that it even mattered. It just gave us a bit of excitement, which is rare for this team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So counter argument for the refs is:

Refs give aggressive team benefit of the doubt - So where were the Jazz's calls for the first 2 and 1/2 Qtrs? That would've even given them a bigger cushion then the 15-18pt they had at certain points of the game.

The Billups 3pt BS flop was very good aggressive D (one of the few in the 4th Qtr) and Mo still was far enough way to fly buy him while he flailed like a bitch sucking a fat **** he still couldn't make contact he was so far away (so that covers aggressive D theory and the upcoming bad D not close enough to make a foul).

Clipps played no D so they didn't foul so that is why the Jazz looked so good and didn't get any FT's - So why did Griffin get any FT's with his shooting % and so many uncontested dunks?

And why did they call them against the Jazz when they played poor D in the 4th Qtr?