Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

This is what you do to guards who attack the rim. No guard in the league fears our defense anymore. If anything, they love to attack us offensively because the lane is a highway and the rim is never defended (unless Favors/kanter are playing). Give CP3 a few of these and you'd be surprised how little he'd attack the rim anymore.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post

This is what you do to guards who attack the rim. No guard in the league fears our defense anymore. If anything, they love to attack us offensively because the lane is a highway and the rim is never defended (unless Favors/kanter are playing). Give CP3 a few of these and you'd be surprised how little he'd attack the rim anymore.
    good for you to point out the difference favors-kanter together makes defensively, coz the way I watched them, they got more bad boy mode every game, more rough and butchery.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Look, I'm not really a fan of hospitalizing people, jeeze.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is one of the most frustrating things to watch with this Jazz team.

For so many years I saw less talented teams (like the one above) kick butt. They might not win all the time. But at least they didn't take BS from anyone.

The Jazz team of late?

Ugh...

From Kleiza bitching Korver (and guys like Boozer just watched) to Gordie letting Delonte stick his finger in his ear.

Think Malone, Stockton, Eaton, or Hornacek would have taken that? If Stockton took down The Admiral for an elbow after a rebound what would he have done to Delonte's finger?

Even our backups, think Big Dog or Shandon Anderson would have taken that?

It just pisses me off how damn soft we have become. Al Jefferson might be the softest big man in the league. He's worse than P. Gasol and right on par with Boozer.

Our toughest guy with attitude is Earl Watson (2nd or 3rd stringer).

At this point, I'd take Nick Collison, Noah, or Udonis Haslem over Al Jefferson right now. Give Chicago both Jefferson and Millsap right now for Noah. Favors and Kanter are enforcers, but are either injured or just flat out aren't played enough by the coaches to make enough of a difference.

Perhaps Burks could be that nasty lil jerk that we need at the wing (because we all know Gordie and Marvin surely aren't.)?

WE all talk about getting Rondo on our team because of his abilities. Yet, what about his attitude? He doesn't take **** from anyone. He's nasty. Might even fight a lil with his teammates and coaches. That's perfect. That's really what we need.

I don't care where you find him... But find a coach that has the balls to bench players who don't feel like they need to mix it up. Tom Thibodeau is a bad man. Dude is constantly benching Boozer in the 4th. He knows that Boozer cannot be depended on come 4th quarter.

When will Corbin learn this? The less we see of pansies (like Jefferson) and the more Favors/Kanter, the better.
    Last edited by The Thriller; 12-05-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Greengiant View Post
    Hospitalizing? Of course not.

Hard fouls? Absolutely. Drive the lane and you'll pay the price.

Defending the lane? yes.

Stopping people at the rim at all costs? yes.

What we're doing? Not defending anything. The lane is a freeway. Offensively, we shoot jumpers. That's why we never get to the FT line. That's why we can't win on the road. We rely on jumpers. At home, we typically shoot better and win. On the road, we don't shoot as well, and cannot rely on any other form of offense (like getting to the FT line). How often did we roll into LA or SA and just completely demolish them, out execute, control the tempo, get to the FT line back in the Stockton/Malone days? Our jumpers might not have been going in, but Stockton wouldn't allow the offense to rely on jumpers. He kept executing and executing until we got an easy shot/FT. Malone didn't rely on weezies until he was late in his 30s. He would get to the line more in 1 game than Jefferson does in a month.

We don't have a defense to rely on if Kanter/Favors aren't playing.

So we basically live or die by our jumper.

The Clippers game was a perfect example of that. For 3 quarters are jumpers went in. Then, in the 4th, they stopped. Unfortunately, we didn't have a defense to rely on. Nor did we have a solid, well executed, reliable play to get us a layup/FT line. Weezy after airball after clanker after jumper, ill-advised 3 pointer, and....

Now we're back to blaming Dick's officiating on everything.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Greengiant View Post
    well so you are a fan of moving out the way and watch the player score an easy lay-up?
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    well so you are a fan of moving out the way and watch the player score an easy lay-up?
    it might look like cool action from where we sit and watch, but when you play, those kind of flagrants feel like a complete acehole is what you are playing against. you should play hard and with heart every game, if you don't loose your interest in it, be physical, but elbowing someone is just being an ass.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So, still no recognition from Stern on the flop. Big surprise.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    they arent going to do anything to billups. stern dosent care about utah, never has never will. maybe we need a signed petition... then send it to him lol and he might care. maybe this has already been discussed, but why wasnt that play reviewed?
    ďSilence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.Ē
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lame.

InsideHoops.com ‏@InsideHoops
    #NBA warns Chauncey Billups about flopping, fines Gerald Wallace $5K for 2nd violation of anti-flopping rules

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Wow.

#NBA warns Chauncey Billups about flopping, fines Gerald Wallace $5K for 2nd violation of anti-flopping rules
    Well I guess its almost kind of better than nothing, but not really.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Lame.

Not that this is the reason we lost but this news does not really help us it is just kind of a kick in the balls. We made the wrong call but dont worry we gave him a stern warning so that next time you are playing clippers and the game is close he might get a small fine if he does it again.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Are you guys even aware of what the rule is with flopping?

Billups got a warning. That's the first step... For everyone... No matter how ridiculous the flop was.

What were you guys really expecting? For him to be thrown out of the league?

The next step will be a fine.

Again, no conspiracy here. The rule is being applied evenly for both Billups and Evans.

If there's anything to complain about it's that the punishments for flopping should be assessed immediately, during the game. Such as a tech.

Again, there's no conspiracy that Stern hates the Jazz and only gave Billups a flop.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I dont think anyone is trying to say it was a conspiracy. Just that the new rule is not helping and is pointless. The refs need to call it right on the court otherwise it doesnt matter.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Are you guys even aware of what the rule is with flopping?

Billups got a warning. That's the first step... For everyone... No matter how ridiculous the flop was.

What were you guys really expecting? For him to be thrown out of the league?

The next step will be a fine.

Again, no conspiracy here. The rule is being applied evenly for both Billups and Evans.

If there's anything to complain about it's that the punishments for flopping should be assessed immediately, during the game. Such as a tech.

Again, there's no conspiracy that Stern hates the Jazz and only gave Billups a flop.
    I'm mad because it was a game changing flop. Ah who am I kidding, they would've just gone with a high pick and roll on Big AL and won that way anyways. Chris Paul is a master.