Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Premium Member Jazz Punk Rocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    417
    Total Rep Points
    555
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21

    New Orleans Pelicans?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...231227843.html

    This could be the worst name in sports.

    Although I thought the same when OKC chose "Thunder" and I've grown to like it (the name, not the team).

  2. #2
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    691
    Total Rep Points
    902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Thunder doesn't sound as bad because the team is winning. Pelicans is worse than Bobcats...

  3. #3
    Senior Member Chad Feldheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Valley Of The Sun
    Posts
    4,256
    Total Rep Points
    4236
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Pelicans are pretty hardcore

    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Archie Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    You've been hehepeepeecaca'd
    Posts
    7,412
    Total Rep Points
    10694
    Rep Adjustment Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Punk Rocker View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...231227843.html

    This could be the worst name in sports.

    Although I thought the same when OKC chose "Thunder" and I've grown to like it (the name, not the team).
    Worst name in sports? Are you kidding me? I'm dead serious when I say that it's one of my favorite sport names now.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1372802642

  5. #5
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,883
    Total Rep Points
    3708
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    I like the name. The Pelican is a Eucharistic symbol.


  6. #6
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Outside Gobert's bedroom window...
    Posts
    6,334
    Total Rep Points
    11365
    Rep Adjustment Power
    58
    Pelicans is something my five year old would choose for his rec soccer team. That's just horrible. Way worse than Thunder.
    ​Gobert or go home


  7. #7
    Senior Member Broncster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo, UT
    Posts
    1,772
    Total Rep Points
    3930
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    If they are considering this and Charlotte is getting their hornets name then Jazz need to step in a do a 3 way trade. Utah Bobcats sounds fine and we get some players and picks.

  8. #8
    CRIMINAL Lawyer Sirkickyass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    5,377
    Total Rep Points
    6065
    Rep Adjustment Power
    41
    Yeah we're never giving the name Jazz up. It's been here for 30 + years. It's ours. We took it.

    And yes, pelicans is a crappy crappy team name. Of course it's probably no dumber than the Raptors, and we've been working that one for 15 years now.

  9.  

     

  10. #9
    Recently gay married UB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The back door
    Posts
    1,729
    Total Rep Points
    2129
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    If they are considering this and Charlotte is getting their hornets name then Jazz need to step in a do a 3 way trade. Utah Bobcats sounds fine and we get some players and picks.
    This post is emblematic of you being a tool.

  11. #10
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    53,499
    Total Rep Points
    80846
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    This just can't be serious.

    NO - Voodoo
    NO - Brass (The NOBs has a good ring to it)
    NO - Beads
    NO - Show me your *******
    ...
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  12. #11
    bordelais7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,474
    Total Rep Points
    7748
    Rep Adjustment Power
    45
    I like it simply because it's not cliché. Sure, it's another animal, but it's not one that will result in PA blaring a growl or a roar after every free throw (or first down).

    Agree that it's better than Bobcats, Raptors. Also Wizards, Nuggets, Heat, Magic, any WNBA team name...
    ^^^this

  13. #12
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    53,499
    Total Rep Points
    80846
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by bordelais7 View Post
    I like it simply because it's not cliché. Sure, it's another animal, but it's not one that will result in PA blaring a growl or a roar after every free throw (or first down).

    Agree that it's better than Bobcats, Raptors. Also Wizards, Nuggets, Heat, Magic, any WNBA team name...
    You know it's PELICANS, right?
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  14. #13
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    £¥£
    Posts
    32,416
    Total Rep Points
    50521
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Utah Seagullzz
    #BringBackUGLI

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    i think its better than the bobcats












    £¥£

  16. #15
    Premium Member Jazz Punk Rocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    417
    Total Rep Points
    555
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirkickyass View Post
    Yeah we're never giving the name Jazz up. It's been here for 30 + years. It's ours. We took it.

    And yes, pelicans is a crappy crappy team name. Of course it's probably no dumber than the Raptors, and we've been working that one for 15 years now.
    I think pelicans is considerably worst than Raptors. At least a Raptor is somewhat intimidating, but a pelican is no more intimidating than troutbum; and would anyone fear a New Orlean Troutbum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •