Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Premium Member Jazz Punk Rocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    389
    Total Rep Points
    276
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17

    New Orleans Pelicans?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...231227843.html

    This could be the worst name in sports.

    Although I thought the same when OKC chose "Thunder" and I've grown to like it (the name, not the team).

  2. #2
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    687
    Total Rep Points
    902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    Thunder doesn't sound as bad because the team is winning. Pelicans is worse than Bobcats...

  3. #3
    Senior Member Chad Feldheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Valley Of The Sun
    Posts
    4,246
    Total Rep Points
    4104
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    Pelicans are pretty hardcore

    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Archie Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    You've been hehepeepeecaca'd
    Posts
    7,339
    Total Rep Points
    9809
    Rep Adjustment Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Punk Rocker View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...231227843.html

    This could be the worst name in sports.

    Although I thought the same when OKC chose "Thunder" and I've grown to like it (the name, not the team).
    Worst name in sports? Are you kidding me? I'm dead serious when I say that it's one of my favorite sport names now.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1372802642

  5. #5
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,774
    Total Rep Points
    2815
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    I like the name. The Pelican is a Eucharistic symbol.


  6. #6
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fathering Kanter's children
    Posts
    5,850
    Total Rep Points
    9105
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    Pelicans is something my five year old would choose for his rec soccer team. That's just horrible. Way worse than Thunder.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Broncster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo, UT
    Posts
    865
    Total Rep Points
    1548
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    If they are considering this and Charlotte is getting their hornets name then Jazz need to step in a do a 3 way trade. Utah Bobcats sounds fine and we get some players and picks.

  8. #8
    CRIMINAL Lawyer Sirkickyass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    5,209
    Total Rep Points
    5717
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Yeah we're never giving the name Jazz up. It's been here for 30 + years. It's ours. We took it.

    And yes, pelicans is a crappy crappy team name. Of course it's probably no dumber than the Raptors, and we've been working that one for 15 years now.

  9. #9
    Recently gay married UB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The back door
    Posts
    1,729
    Total Rep Points
    2129
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    If they are considering this and Charlotte is getting their hornets name then Jazz need to step in a do a 3 way trade. Utah Bobcats sounds fine and we get some players and picks.
    This post is emblematic of you being a tool.

  10. #10
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,346
    Total Rep Points
    49646
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    This just can't be serious.

    NO - Voodoo
    NO - Brass (The NOBs has a good ring to it)
    NO - Beads
    NO - Show me your *******
    ...
    #dumptruckin

  11. #11
    bordelais7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,475
    Total Rep Points
    7712
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    I like it simply because it's not cliché. Sure, it's another animal, but it's not one that will result in PA blaring a growl or a roar after every free throw (or first down).

    Agree that it's better than Bobcats, Raptors. Also Wizards, Nuggets, Heat, Magic, any WNBA team name...
    ^^^this

  12. #12
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,346
    Total Rep Points
    49646
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by bordelais7 View Post
    I like it simply because it's not cliché. Sure, it's another animal, but it's not one that will result in PA blaring a growl or a roar after every free throw (or first down).

    Agree that it's better than Bobcats, Raptors. Also Wizards, Nuggets, Heat, Magic, any WNBA team name...
    You know it's PELICANS, right?
    #dumptruckin

  13. #13
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    £¥£
    Posts
    31,454
    Total Rep Points
    44291
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Utah Seagullzz
    #lol

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    i think its better than the bobcats












    £¥£

  15.  

     

  16. #15
    Premium Member Jazz Punk Rocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    389
    Total Rep Points
    276
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirkickyass View Post
    Yeah we're never giving the name Jazz up. It's been here for 30 + years. It's ours. We took it.

    And yes, pelicans is a crappy crappy team name. Of course it's probably no dumber than the Raptors, and we've been working that one for 15 years now.
    I think pelicans is considerably worst than Raptors. At least a Raptor is somewhat intimidating, but a pelican is no more intimidating than troutbum; and would anyone fear a New Orlean Troutbum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •