Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    you are close here. Best would have been Valanciunas/Leonard.
    Do you really thing they'd get any more time than Kanter/Burks? I still see Corbin playing the vets in front of them.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    Random thought
    you know i dont agree with everyone saying bomb the season. you look at utah though the years. after stackton and malone left people were yelling rebulid as well. but during those years we made the play offs every year except 2 i think, and then dwill was ready to take over and we went to the western conf finals.we accomplished a few good learning playoff runs for our young in experinced guys, and then we took it to the west. jazz org have shown they can do both. this is a rebulid year for jazz. and we dont have to be lottery bound to rebuild.
    1. How do you think the Jazz ended up with D-Will?
    2. That playoff run sure taught D-Will and Boozer how to win more playoff games.
    3. #8 GSW beat Dallas.
    4. I hope we lose tonight.
    5. Continual tanking is fool proof actually -- 5 of the top 7 picks in 2006 were Bargnani, Adam Morrison, Randy Foye, Sheldon Williams, & Tyrus Thomas. Obviously the Jazz should have tanked D-Will's rookie season and drafted the 2nd piece of their multi-championship duo.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    1. How do you think the Jazz ended up with D-Will?
    2. That playoff run sure taught D-Will and Boozer how to win more playoff games.
    3. #8 GSW beat Dallas.
    4. I hope we lose tonight.
    5. Continual tanking is fool proof actually -- 5 of the top 7 picks in 2006 were Bargnani, Adam Morrison, Randy Foye, Sheldon Williams, & Tyrus Thomas. Obviously the Jazz should have tanked D-Will's rookie season and drafted the 2nd piece of their multi-championship duo.
    Tanking is demoralizing to a team and its fan base. The lottery hasn’t helped charlotte or wizards much. Honestly it’s no fun being a fan of a team that you know is tanking. Warriors playoff run against Dallas was a super exciting time.. overcoming odds is what makes good memories and good movies. Jazz still have all the pieces, we are just still getting it all put together. It will come together soon enough.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    While I still wish we have nabbed Leonard instead of Burks- I think it is really premature to want Vucevic over Kanter.

One positive sign in Kanter's favor is Vucevic is averaging 4.7 FGM and 9.7 FGA per game. Kanter makes 2.5 FGM and attempts 4.6 shots per game.

In other words Vucevic shots about 48% and Kanter is shooting 54%.

Subjectively Kanter seems to create in the post better than Vucevic and his IMO Kanter's jumper is better.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    While I still wish we have nabbed Leonard instead of Burks- I think it is really premature to want Vucevic over Kanter.

One positive sign in Kanter's favor is Vucevic is averaging 4.7 FGM and 9.7 FGA per game. Kanter makes 2.5 FGM and attempts 4.6 shots per game.

In other words Vucevic shots about 48% and Kanter is shooting 54%.

Subjectively Kanter seems to create in the post better than Vucevic and his IMO Kanter's jumper is better.
    Kanter has much nicer abs

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There was never much doubt Vuc was going to be a serviceable center. His ceiling is just about 4 stories lower than Kanter's. By the time Kanter is 22 and a starter, I think we all agree he can put up 10 and 8 with his eyes closed.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    There was never much doubt Vuc was going to be a serviceable center. His ceiling is just about 4 stories lower than Kanter's. By the time Kanter is 22 and a starter, I think we all agree he can put up 10 and 8 with his eyes closed.
    But can he defend the pick and roll?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    Tanking is demoralizing to a team and its fan base. The lottery hasn’t helped charlotte or wizards much. Honestly it’s no fun being a fan of a team that you know is tanking. Warriors playoff run against Dallas was a super exciting time.. overcoming odds is what makes good memories and good movies. Jazz still have all the pieces, we are just still getting it all put together. It will come together soon enough.
    Are you talking about tanking on purpose? That would be horrible, and I would stop following the Jazz. I have no interest in a team with a **** culture. However, losing while trying to win is great. The more losses the better. Hopefully we lose enough games to ensure Corbin is gone, and land a lottery pick and a coach that has the balls to develop it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    Are you talking about tanking on purpose? That would be horrible, and I would stop following the Jazz. I have no interest in a team with a **** culture. However, losing while trying to win is great. The more losses the better. Hopefully we lose enough games to ensure Corbin is gone, and land a lottery pick and a coach that has the balls to develop it.
    tankiong on porpose is idiotic... if you just suck its ok to be loosing. utah has potential to still do well this year. we all had such high hopes during the off season. we can still achive those.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    I will be suprised if Kanter is a starter (with the Jazz) at age 22. This is more of statement about the Jazz than it is about Kanter.

My statements about the jazz being better off with Knight/Vucevic also says more about my opinion of the Jazz than the players.
    Last edited by mellow; 12-05-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Wake Up! -Coach Quin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Magic are easy to beat if you match their intensity, but the Jazz will not.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If we lose at home to the Magic, Favors' importance will be even more evident. Sadly, Corbin still won't get it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    I will be suprised if Kanter is a starter (with the Jazz) at age 22. This is more of statement about the Jazz than it is about Kanter.

My statements about the jazz being better off with Knight/Vucevic also says more about my opinion of the Jazz than the players.
    Kanter will be in his 4th season by the time he's 22. If he's not starting by then, there is something seriously wrong with this franchise.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Are you watching this pregame segment about the Jazz opting to visit hospitalized veterans instead of kids? That's so like them!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Big Al and Foye already given up lay ups
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN