Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I cannot believe how good our offense looked in the 1st half. First of all, probably had 4 times as many cuts to the basket tonight as we've had in any single game (whether the guy got the ball or not.) Secondly, we ran more high pick and roll than we went into the post. But when we did, we very often had a 3rd wrinkle with the weak side big man cutting. Thirdly, when the big man got the ball on the high key, we ran effective cuts through the lane to get some easy baskets. That's basketball.

Better yet, when we did dump the ball into the post, the high man on the key (usually Mo or Earl) either moved to the post side to facilitate the pass or...actually cut down the lane. We actually ran action off the ball when it was in the post. That's JAZZ basketball.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mo was 3/9 with 7 assists and 3 TO's and I loved him. He took a few idiotic shots, but he played within himself, was focused on keeping the offense moving, and I will like him a lot (more) if he keeps playing this way.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al was just a monster in the 3rd quarter. So huge because the offense broke down. He covers a ton of holes in our offense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Really have no idea why Foye got 30 minutes tonight. Not the misses, I can live with misses. He was just RogerBellesque out there doing nothing.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Really have no idea why Foye got 30 minutes tonight. Not the misses, I can live with misses. He was just RogerBellesque out there doing nothing.
    What sucks is when he's missing he doesn't bring much else to the table. Every now and then he'll drive to the bucket and have a good pass, but usually he just stands there and gets whipped on the defensive side. Maybe it's because I didn't know his reputation on defense previously, but I'm a bit surprised how poor a defender he is.

I'm not totally down on Foye, in fact he's a serious 3 point threat and the one 3 he hit tonight was huge. Still, it bugs me a bit he can play like crap and still get a ton of minutes while Burks is in doghouseville when he plays bad in his very limited minutes.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    What sucks is when he's missing he doesn't bring much else to the table. Every now and then he'll drive to the bucket and have a good pass, but usually he just stands there and gets whipped on the defensive side. Maybe it's because I didn't know his reputation on defense previously, but I'm a bit surprised how poor a defender he is.

I'm not totally down on Foye, in fact he's a serious 3 point threat and the one 3 he hit tonight was huge. Still, it bugs me a bit he can play like crap and still get a ton of minutes while Burks is in doghouseville when he plays bad in his very limited minutes.
    I feel the same. He's a great shooter, but does nothing else. He should be on a tight leash like other great shooters in the league who do nothing else. Not treated like a steady vet who brings anything else to the table when he isn't burying 3's. His defense is horrible, he can't pass or drive, he's a horrific rebounder, and the idea he could ever play the 1 is officially laughable. Just yank the guy when it isn't his night.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    al was just a monster in the 3rd quarter. So huge because the offense broke down. He creates a ton of holes in our defense.
    fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just looked at Locke's Noggin' column. It absolutely cracks me up every single night the way he finds a way to compliment Hayward. Hayward was just straight awful tonight. Yet Locke credits him for defense on Redick and Redick missed a ton of wide open shots tonight. Locke can be good, but he's such an obvious fraud sometimes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    More Locke silliness: He says Hayward and Marvin on the floor are great defensively, and they barely played together tonight. Then he says how great it was to have Marvin back, and he played 23 minutes. Basically: Locke has dug himself into a lot of opinions like any fan on this board, and he's going to fight for them whether they're true or not until he can't anymore. The reality: Marvin is really just as average as advertised, and Hayward is not making the "jump" that he thought would happen.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    More Locke silliness: He says Hayward and Marvin on the floor are great defensively, and they barely played together tonight. Then he says how great it was to have Marvin back, and he played 23 minutes. Basically: Locke has dug himself into a lot of opinions like any fan on this board, and he's going to fight for them whether they're true or not until he can't anymore. The reality: Marvin is really just as average as advertised, and Hayward is not making the "jump" that he thought would happen.
    Huh? I'm with Locke. Marvin and Hayward are great defenders. I don't mind having them out on the floor, they do a ton defensively. Hayward makes getting shots off him hard. Both are long and quick enough to keep up. Contrary to what people think, I don't believe Carrolle is as good a defender as others might think. He's not quick enough to keep up with some of the quicker players. And Foye is just awful.
    However, that being said, I'd take any of our wing defenders this year over the ones last year. CJ, Howard, and Bell all sucked nuts on defense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Magic shot 1-15 from the 3 point line, and most of them wide open. Make a few more, and they would have won. This has to be one of the most unconvincing Jazz wins in a long time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Huh? I'm with Locke. Marvin and Hayward are great defenders. I don't mind having them out on the floor, they do a ton defensively. Hayward makes getting shots off him hard. Both are long and quick enough to keep up. Contrary to what people think, I don't believe Carrolle is as good a defender as others might think. He's not quick enough to keep up with some of the quicker players. And Foye is just awful.
    However, that being said, I'd take any of our wing defenders this year over the ones last year. CJ, Howard, and Bell all sucked nuts on defense.
    In general, Hayward is a very average defender, Marvin is average to solid. Neither creates any turnovers. In Locke's propaganda, that's because they cover their men so well and don't 'gamble' for steals. He then likes to use +/- minus numbers to defend them, but Marvin's come out good on that front. His last tactic is to skew his results from gameday like tonight and say X player didn't score on Hayward or Y player didn't score on Marvin. Also disingenuous.

Neither Marvin nor Hayward had any great defensive effect on tonight's game. And neither has been very good this year. But Locke has a lot invested in promising that Marvin would flourish in our system (hasn't happened) or that Hayward was going to take a jump (hasn't happened.) Maybe Locke will ultimately be right and both players will blossom. But he looks like a phony when tries to pump up their performances on nights when they suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In general, Hayward is a very average defender
    It would be impossible for me to disagree more.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    disagree on hayward's defense. his length, mobility and timing make him quite good man-to-man and in transition.

marvin hasn't blown me away defensively or offensively. in particular i dislike the way he kicks his heels up (drexler-style) on his jump shots and turn-arounds. it seems to result in a very unbalanced shot that isn't dropping, mostly.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mo was 3/9 with 7 assists and 3 TO's and I loved him. He took a few idiotic shots, but he played within himself, was focused on keeping the offense moving, and I will like him a lot (more) if he keeps playing this way.
    i thought mo's best basketball for the year was his first quarter against the clippers the other night. pushed the ball, played under control, penetrated and dished and found the open man in general (6 assists in the qtr?). he generally nails that pull-up jumper in transition but he's very very good when he wants to take it all the way.

thought he was just ok tonight.