Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i'm all in for no more jefferson and foye.

i want to see some defense.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    10 cents on the dollar O'Connor might be willing to let both his bigs go to FA just to see how this new CBA works. Maybe he can keep one at a discount.
    Why the hell wouldn't he want negative value back? I'd love nothing more than another 6th & mid-teens pick, then trade Martel Webster and Linus Kleiza for the next D-Will while having $34mm to sign Jefferson and Millsap right back if he really wants to.

No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt.mac.1981 View Post
    I mean for this year. I don't think either will be wearing Jazz colors next year.
    If we get rid of both we will end up playing Evans for 20 mins a night.
    Fair enough.

I'm really not sure if I believe either will be on the team next year. I certainly hope not, but the FO has proven they're afraid to commit to the youth movement time and time again. I don't think Millsap would re-sign here even if we were willing to pay him the money we can't afford. I think Al wants to stay, but I'm not sure he'll be willing to take a big pay decrease. Best case scenario is Al and Sap both leave, despite the FO trying to keep one.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Darn, we missed the chance to acquire Andrew Bynum from LA.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    From the pessimistic perspective that I possess, I think this is what is going to happen...

A) We lose Both Millsap and Jefferson in free agency with nothing in return...

B) We overpay for both of the Williams and Foye

C) We sign two 'vet' bigs for about 1 million each. Both of these guys will be journeymen who have never done anything of note in the league, but will immediately start over Favors/Kanter

D) Starting lineup next year...

Williams
    Hayward or Foye
    Williams
    Journey man big
    Journey man big

That's a nice utah 'vet' lineup if I ever say one.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zbone View Post
    Jazz may end up trading no one because everyone will be low-balling KOC knowing he wants to sell.
    The NBA market is very well understood. if Chad Ford knows the situation with the Utah Jazz (and along iwht a bunch of fans) all other GM's in the league know what the status of the Jazz is. Mostly though, the value of these guys is (mostly) set by market demand. If Lebron or Durrant were advertised as available on a tweet, 6 o'clock news cast, or where ever, then there would be no negative concern that the their respective GM's 'wanted to sell.' I think every team in the league would be on a plane with permission to trade anyone they've got.

The time i think that the "wants to sell" situation is substantially negative is when the commodity is actually tainted beyond basketball - like not beign able to get a long with coach, or announced publicly they will not sign with current team...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    From the pessimistic perspective that I possess, I think this is what is going to happen...

A) We lose Both Millsap and Jefferson in free agency with nothing in return...

B) We overpay for both of the Williams and Foye

C) We sign two 'vet' bigs for about 1 million each. Both of these guys will be journeymen who have never done anything of note in the league, but will immediately start over Favors/Kanter

D) Starting lineup next year...

Williams
    Hayward or Foye
    Williams
    Journey man big
    Journey man big

That's a nice utah 'vet' lineup if I ever say one.
    This scenario scares me to death, but knowing the Jazz, I can see this playing out. Man I hope not.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye is a nice shooter. I don't mind him playing for the Jazz. He just plays too much.
    I still wouldn't mind him and Burks on the court together.

Foye does play hard on defense, he just isn't big enough to guard a lot of 2s in this league.
    Play him 20-25 mins, play him some of the time at the 1, and get Burks out there 15 mins a night.
    I think it could help this team in the bigger picture.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Foye is a nice shooter. I don't mind him playing for the Jazz. He just plays too much.
    I still wouldn't mind him and Burks on the court together.

Foye does play hard on defense, he just isn't big enough to guard a lot of 2s in this league.
    Play him 20-25 mins, play him some of the time at the 1, and get Burks out there 15 mins a night.
    I think it could help this team in the bigger picture.
    This all the way..... We have to get Burks minutes!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We won't trade either one. Jazzfanz will collapse. The end of the year, we will actually look pretty good. We'll go on a tear and move into the 7th-8th seed and we'll praise KOC's vision of what he saw in this team and his patience and all readily admit our faults as lowly laymen. We'll get bumped, hard, from the first round. Then we'll cope by justifying the playoff experience our young guys got (even though they didn't really play).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd place a confident bet that we will trade at least one of Millsap or Jefferson. The smart thing would be to trade both, so you gotta think they'll be at least half smart.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I'd place a confident bet that we will trade at least one of Millsap or Jefferson. The CONSERVATIVE thing would be to trade both, so you gotta think they'll be at least half CONSERVATIVE.
    fixed

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zbone View Post
    Jazz may end up trading no one because everyone will be low-balling KOC knowing he wants to sell.
    It's not like each team only gets to make one offer.
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeOnaPlate View Post
    Darn, we missed the chance to acquire Andrew Bynum from LA.
    Yea because he has played so well this year. I am so glad the Jazz didn't go after Bynum and his bad knees.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Chad Ford is out of his mind if he thinks the Lakers are the best trade partners. Yea if he wants the Jazz to help LA get better.