Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    3 way trades bro.
    look how HH affects people here

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlnstall View Post
    If we could get Millsap to stay as a 6th man that'd be great, but I think he wants to start and make more money. It should be obvious that Kanter and Favors need to be starting...and I'd much rather see them start and have the Jazz lose, than see Jefferson and Millsap start and the Jazz still lose. Losing sucks no matter what, but if we have a youth movement/rebuilding phase to get excited about its much more bearable
    Name 3 teams, other than the Jazz, that have cap space next summer, would spend big on Milsap and Milsap would start for them.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt.mac.1981 View Post
    And stay just good enough to get swept in the first round of the playoffs. Unfortunately we are one year to late on getting equal value for Millsap or Jefferson.
    Where does this false view of the Jazz come from? The Jazz have only been swept in the first round twice in their entire history. Once in 1988-89 to the Tankers and last year to the Spurs. The Jazz have shown that they are historically better than a first round sweep normally.

Will this team win it all? No but I have more faith in my team than a 1st round sweep all the time. A tough 2nd round out is their norm.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Name 3 teams, other than the Jazz, that have cap space next summer, would spend big on Milsap and Milsap would start for them.
    I know Portland would love to have him, they would move Aldridge to center and Millsap would go to PF. I could also see Chicago trying to shed some money to get sign him as well

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlnstall View Post
    I know Portland would love to have him, they would move Aldridge to center and Millsap would go to PF. I could also see Chicago trying to shed some money to get sign him as well
    not a good try.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Where does this false view of the Jazz come from? The Jazz have only been swept in the first round twice in their entire history. Once in 1988-89 to the Tankers and last year to the Spurs. The Jazz have shown that they are historically better than a first round sweep normally.

Will this team win it all? No but I have more faith in my team than a 1st round sweep all the time. A tough 2nd round out is their norm.
    We got swept by the Lakers. We got bumped by the Lakers first in 6 games, then in five games, then swept. We kept the same team together each time.

Rep Level
    Boston, Detroit, Charlotte, Dallas. It's a longer list than you think. The operative word is "big". I don't see Paul taking the highest offer next summer. I see him taking the offer that gives him the path (not the assurance) of starting.

Rep Level
    I LoL at the people who don't think that Paul will have a lot of suitors.

The anti-Millsap trend around here is ****ing embarrassing.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    Isn't that what every team trading with the Lakers does?
    If you look at the situation today one could easily say the Grizzlies got the best of their trade a few years ago.

Rep Level
    It's deeply ingrained in Paul's DNA that he's a starter in this league. I can't possibly hold that against him because it's true. I would love if he had a Come To Jesus epiphany about being a Lamar Odom 6th Man type, but I don't see it happening.

Rep Level
    Never said there wouldn't be suitors, but if he is demanding big money and the starting pf job the list gets shorter.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrone torbin View Post
    3 way trades bro.
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Never said there wouldn't be suitors, but if he is demanding big money and the starting pf job the list gets shorter.
    Hollinger also had an interesting article earlier this year which stated that an inordinately high number of teams will have cap space this summer. Demand higher than the supply basically, which means Paul has a decent chance to both start and get paid. But like I said, I highly doubt Paul will place the highest priority on getting the richest deal.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    It's deeply ingrained in Paul's DNA that he's a starter in this league. I can't possibly hold that against him because it's true. I would love if he had a Come To Jesus epiphany about being a Lamar Odom 6th Man type, but I don't see it happening.

Phil Johnson has been saying this on the Root broadcast, when the other guys were lauding the hustle and heart of Carroll, PJ interjected to point out this is exactly who Sap used to be. It's been bandied about plenty here that maybe he would revert to that kind of energy output with less minutes, who knows, but this is what is missing from PM's game.

It's possible that Sap just needs to go be somebody's offensive starting hub, and fail, like Odom did, in order for him to accept this.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    We got swept by the Lakers. We got bumped by the Lakers first in 6 games, then in five games, then swept. We kept the same team together each time.
    That was in the second round mane. After we beat the nuggets