Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I didn't say they wouldn't be.
    I failed to clarify that those items will be worth more than silver and gold. Same with farmable land, seeds, water sources and livestock.

This is not the feudal times. If society colapses and you have gold and silver someone is just as likely to kill you and take it as they are to trade for it.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Agreed. Silver won't be worth **** except to maybe melt down into bullets.
    You do realize that the most powerful people in the world have been massively investing in gold and silver since the 2008 collapse? You cash out of precious metals before the collapse at their highest holding.
    Watching what the Federal Reserve does is easy, because they're so predictable. Throw more cash in the economy, and precious metals continue to rise in value.

Also, silver has some of it's most value all together in the manufacturing of almost any electrical device you use today.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    what wmd's?
    Maybe some of the ones left over from when they used them against Iran, or maybe the stash that was used against the Kurds in the north or maybe one of the other several dozen stockpiles that were known to exist at the end of the first Gulf War that Saddam prevented the inspectors from verifying had been destroyed.

Sure we didn't find any after the second Gulf War, but that isn't to say there weren't reasons to suspect they might be there. I don't understand the rewriting of history that seems to have lead to a popular belief that Saddam NEVER had WMDs, when he most certainly had them and he most certainly used them against his enemies.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Why not do something a little more ethical with your wealth than hoarding it in a speculative gambling vehicle? If you really believe things will get that out of hand then shouldn't you invest in productive farm land or something else that will make you extremely rich while alleviating the pain humanity will be experiencing? That's what a capitalistic American would do.
    Did I say I wasn't investing in farm land, water sources, food holdings, and non-GMO seeds? Oh yeah.... you only mentioned farmland.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    You do realize that the most powerful people in the world have been massively investing in gold and silver since the 2008 collapse? You cash out of precious metals before the collapse at their highest holding.
    Watching what the Federal Reserve does is easy, because they're so predictable. Throw more cash in the economy, and precious metals continue to rise in value.

Also, silver has some of it's most value all together in the manufacturing of almost any electrical device you use today.
    It seems you are talking about the economy colapsing but order being maintained. I do not think that is possible. I think if one goes completely the other follows. In that case the value of a hunk of yellowish or silver metal is over rated.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    It seems you are talking about the economy colapsing but order being maintained. I do not think that is possible. I think if one goes completely the other follows. In that case the value of a hunk of yellowish or silver metal is over rated.
    The order will probably always be maintained as long as the social security, welfare, and food stamp checks keep getting sent out. The American consumer will be the American consumer.

I find it interesting that you're such a huge fan of the American fiat printing press, when historically gold and silver have/always will perform much much better.
    At the same time, silver is a lot easier to attain at this point, and has been predicted by multiple analysts to have a huge explosion when the Feds luck finally runs out.

As overrated as you think precious metals are, they are an insurance policy to hedge against devaluation of fiat currencies and most professionals hold at least 5 to 10 percent of their investments in gold and silver.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    silencer be honest about what I was really saying. I think the metals will be over valued in the vent of total collapse of control and we have a apocalypse scenario.

As long was we have a form of government and society those precious metals will of course be valuable

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    silencer be honest about what I was really saying. I think the metals will be over valued in the vent of total collapse of control and we have a apocalypse scenario.

As long was we have a form of government and society those precious metals will of course be valuable
    Of course metals will be overvalued in the event of a total collapse, just like fiat currency will as well. The government will never tell you what's really going on, so nobody will ever know to what stage of collapse the nation is facing. They'll always stick to the "everything is fine/it's classified" scenario.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8399658.html

Basically the military chiefs of Britain, France, Turkey, Jordan, Qatar and the UAE discussed:

"A plan to provide military training to the Syrian rebels fighting the Assad regime and support them with air and naval power..."

The meeting was attended by a 3 star American General.

This is on top of Patriots and 400 German troops on their way to the Turkey/Syrian border. Fresh fighting in Lebanon between anti- and pro- Assad groups. Israel issuing a "red line" on the movement of chemical weapons by Syria. And increased support of Syria by Russia and Iran.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

US is sending 400 troops and patriots missles to the Turkey/Syria border. This compliments Turkish forces, patriot missles from the Netherlands and Germany and 400 German troops already there.

That is in response to:

http://www.examiner.com/article/syri...-scud-missiles

Syria firing scud missles at the rebels.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This missiles only could use in need of self defense, so unfortunately i think it would only escalate the tension for Syria on national bases and increase the cassualties as well. Cause Assad regime knows, they are untouchable unless he makes something stupid that go beyond borders. Well what should we say, thanks to UN's self determination rules and SC's five permanent members veto powers.

Thats an important news btw for Russia's standpoint to the situation.
    http://www.firstpost.com/world/russi...ia-556103.html
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..