Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

What Is Gordon's Ceiling???

In Gordon's first year, he sat most of the year and caught fire in the last two weeks. People on this forum were going crazy with his potential and even wanting to anoint him deity. His second year he started and was wildly inconsistent. This year he is just as inconsistent as last year. I appreciate that he is still young, but if his ceiling isn't that high, we are wasting our time in investing in him.

I think it's clear that Kanter and Favors haven't sniffed their ceiling, I think we are in trouble if Gordon doesn't have much further to go on his improvement.

Who or what do you think Gordon can become?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    His ceiling is Jesus.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How do I give all my neg reps at once?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm feeling really low this morning, so my first response is that Hayward looks like he is trapped by the glass ceiling.
    Maybe when I feel a little better about life I'll edit that comment.

To me Hayward is David Benoit without the rebounds or the booze.

Ooo, and while we are at it, Chandler Parsons is Robert Horry.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Its hard to say what Gordon's ceiling is. At times we looks like a potential future all star, at other times(like last night) he looks lost and a journeymen kind of player. I'm a big Gordon fan, I think he just needs to shoot with more confidence and get the ball more, sometimes it seems like he rarely touches the ball in position to score. Don't forget he's playing more shooting guard this year, and last year he played more small forward if I remember right

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Maybe Larry Hughes heres why:
    Gordon is Awsome! end of story. some times yall our praising his name, other times calling for his head. the guy has alot of potential. i could see him being an allstar once or twice. i dont think he will ever be the first option on a team. i dont think he would handle the pressure well. but having someone infront of him that is an allstar would take the pressur off of him and help him exel. he has very simaler stats to larry hughes, when he played with lebron on cleveland, and washington with gilbert.. plus i think he was an allstar 3 times in a row. i think he coulkd be like that. i just hope he wont be as much of a chucker and more consitent. larry wasnt the first option either, and he did great when he wasnt. i feel gordon is the same,
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kobe Bryant

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've said it many times Ty has no idea how to use him. He should be used like Harden. He is hindered by the fact we have no direction on offense Al and Millsap dominate the ball and aren't matches for what Hayward wants to do, and Favors, and Kanter aren't polished offensively, bigs don't set good picks on pick'n roll, that part of the offense is none existent because our bigs set the softest picks ever. I can't help but feel that Hayward would be further along if Jerry was still the coach.

With all this said I feel Haywards ceiling is Harden. Harden will always be a better more natural scorer, with Hayward being a better table setter, and running an offense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hopefully not one of those popcorn ceilings cause those are annoying.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    White Scottie pippen. Not as strong on the boards though. Better shot when he gets his balance down

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The subliminal question is this:
    Will Hayward ever be a consistently good 3-pt shooter? Because if the answer is Yes, then he has much more room for improvement. If the answer is No, then he's near but not at the ceiling.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    I've said it many times Ty has no idea how to use him. He should be used like Harden. He is hindered by the fact we have no direction on offense Al and Millsap dominate the ball and aren't matches for what Hayward wants to do, and Favors, and Kanter aren't polished offensively, bigs don't set good picks on pick'n roll, that part of the offense is none existent because our bigs set the softest picks ever. I can't help but feel that Hayward would be further along if Jerry was still the coach.

With all this said I feel Haywards ceiling is Harden. Harden will always be a better more natural scorer, with Hayward being a better table setter, and running an offense.
    I use to think Hayward had near-Harden ability, but he doesn't. His ball-handling just isn't good enough to be on that level.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post

Did you not see the 4 games we "used Hayward like Harden" coming off the bench about 2 weeks ago? It was a disastrophe.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    manu

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and don’t want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. You’re not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I won’t get soft. Don’t worry about that."