Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,068
    Rep Power
    22
    My answer: Dunleavy Year 7. I don't think he'll get that high, but if he can plateau just underneath it and stay healthy like Dunleavy couldn't that would be a great player to have.

  2. #17
    Junior Member Lenny Lennord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Logan, Ut
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    if he was allowed to pick and roll a lot more i don't think there would be an issue. seems he's the only guy that knows how to pass the ball out of the pick

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,068
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Lennord View Post
    if he was allowed to pick and roll a lot more i don't think there would be an issue. seems he's the only guy that knows how to pass the ball out of the pick
    Being a good PnR player is a lot more than making that roll pass which he's very good at. Good PnR players can either drive or create a jumper which is what makes the play so hard to defend. That's what holds Hayward back.

  4. #19
    Senior Member jazzfan1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    13
    After last night I'm gonna say Luke Walton.

    Ok, unfair. Still he seems to have made zero improvement over last year. Maybe even regressed a bit. Demarre is looking better than he is right now.

  5. #20
    Premium Member YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,905
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Being a good PnR player is a lot more than making that roll pass which he's very good at. Good PnR players can either drive or create a jumper which is what makes the play so hard to defend. That's what holds Hayward back.
    Watching him dribble the ball while trying to make a move is like watching a car crash. You want to look away but you can't.
    Rooting for The Tank is not rooting against the team; It's rooting for the franchise

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,068
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Watching him dribble the ball while trying to make a move is like watching a car crash. You want to look away but you can't.
    A slow-motion car crash. Every time he drives I go to the bathroom, get a drink from the fridge, pet the dog, and when I sit back down I can usually catch the end of the drive which 90% of the time is him getting stuffed and casting a hurt or befuddled expression at the refs.

  7. #22
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between where I was and where I am going.
    Posts
    5,215
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    A slow-motion car crash. Every time he drives I go to the bathroom, get a drink from the fridge, pet the dog, and when I sit back down I can usually catch the end of the drive which 90% of the time is him getting stuffed and casting a hurt or befuddled expression at the refs.
    Durring Haywards rookie season Locke said that Hayward was slow in the lane because he took too big of steps, and that all he had to do was learn to take smaller quicker steps and then Hayward would be great. There was probalby no time for him to work on those small steps durring the extended lock-out offseason, or during the super fast lock-out season, or durring this years regular offseason, but I'm sure that he will get it down, just give him time.
    Messina, Jabari and Monroe. The perfect summer.

  8. #23
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    24,084
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Watching him dribble the ball while trying to make a move is like watching a car crash. You want to look away but you can't.
    When he tried to ISO Griffin during the Clippers game and got stripped, I laughed my ass off. The guy has a good feel for dribbling, and he does a pretty good job at getting to the rim, but whenever he gets in traffic his high dribble is exposed.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  9. #24
    Premium Member YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,905
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    A slow-motion car crash. Every time he drives I go to the bathroom, get a drink from the fridge, pet the dog, and when I sit back down I can usually catch the end of the drive which 90% of the time is him getting stuffed and casting a hurt or befuddled expression at the refs.
    The other 10% is him losing the dribble as he tries a spin move.
    Rooting for The Tank is not rooting against the team; It's rooting for the franchise

  10. #25
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    662
    Rep Power
    10
    I needa see Gordon play in a good offense before I make up my mind on this. I don't see him making more than 1 all-star game though, if even

  11. #26
    bordelais7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,465
    Rep Power
    38
    Cons:
    Inconsistent shooter
    Inconsistent defender
    Inconsistent passer
    Inconsistent dribbler
    Inconsistent vision and movement

    Pros:
    Almost made a shot to win a championship at the last level
    ^^^this

  12.  

     

  13. #27
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,018
    Rep Power
    101
    Sell high.

    He's a short AK47, without half the defensive prowess, way worse shooter, & nowhere near the court vision or passing ability. He does get to the line at a good clip like AK though, but still not as well. AK was better than Hayward will ever be in every facet of the game and only made one All Star game. Hayward never will.

    The only thing left to make him the most frustrating player on the Jazz is a very long, very overpriced contract.

  14. #28
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    24,084
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Sell high.

    He's a short AK47, without half the defensive prowess, way worse shooter, & nowhere near the court vision or passing ability. He does get to the line at a good clip like AK though, but still not as well. AK was better than Hayward will ever be in every facet of the game and only made one All Star game. Hayward never will.

    The only thing left to make him the most frustrating player on the Jazz is a very long, very overpriced contract.
    Staying healthy?
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  15. #29
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,018
    Rep Power
    101
    There is that. Scott Padget never missed a game due to injury. I hear he's available.


    Why did the Jazz ever let AK go? He's been sorely missed at the 3. I bet this team is 14-6 with AK playing over Haywierd. 13-7 easily.

  16. #30
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    10,108
    Rep Power
    71
    If his jump shot stays inconsistent, I say he'll be a 15/4/4 player. If he ever manages to figure out his shot--say, 36% consistently--then, I think he can get those numbers up to something like 18/4/4.

    Although, it's not just his shot that will be key to him reaching his potential, he needs to be used properly.
    Head Coach Big Board:

    1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •