Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    Thats the question.
    Jazz play small ball. It does not make sense for Raptors to put JV in unless they would run offense through paint. But since they like to chuck from the outside then they matchup and play small as well.
    "People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

Why did Hayward have to go to the locker room early ?

Kudos to Corbin for playing 3 wings, a PG and Millsap and speeding up the game. It takes away the Raptors size advantage, and they don't seem comfortable at that pace. It's impressive that the Jazz would be winning the battle of the boards with Jefferson and Favors out.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Why in the hell did Corbin stick his thumb up his ass there with Millsap and Marvin having 2 fouls each. Pure luck that they didn't get another foul!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    amazing brainfreeze by corbin.
    thanks to millsap lack of d he did not pick up the foul.

Small lineup was working. What if Kanter comes back and picks up two quick ones, you'd be bitching about Ty bringing back Kanter with the small lineup working. We are always complaining that Ty doesn't stick with the hot hand, well there ya go. We are winning stop bitching!

Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Jazz play small ball. It does not make sense for Raptors to put JV in unless they would run offense through paint. But since they like to chuck from the outside then they matchup and play small as well.
    I saw that as Corbin did with Kanter, but this question asked in overall. Not his current presence on the floor.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Valanciunas was biting on Millsap's fakes and getting beat. He's long enough that he should just hold his ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Kudos to Corbin for playing 3 wings, a PG and Millsap and speeding up the game. It takes away the Raptors size advantage, and they don't seem comfortable at that pace. It's impressive that the Jazz would be winning the battle of the boards with Jefferson and Favors out.
    Seriously, what other options did he have? Corbin's "great coaching" comes only when he doesn't have any options. He didn't try this line up until Evans got his 3rd foul and Kanter needed a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    A real BIG-MAN would crash a small paint like the Utah Jazz are playing, but JV is just to soft.
    ---------------------

Iam the only one who has a boner after this passing ? BIG game by the Jazz...
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Iím going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Iím on the court with other big men itís much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

DeMarre Carroll can rebound the ball extremely well for his position. When he hits shots, he is so fun to watch. That unit that finished the quarter was wonderful in every way except for defense in the paint!

Having 2 or 3 fouls in the first half isn't a big deal. Usually players get pulled if they have 2 fouls in the 1st quarter or 3 fouls in the 2nd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    A real BIG-MAN would crash a small paint like the Utah Jazz are playing, but JV is just to soft.
    ---------------------

Iam the only one who has a boner after this passing ? BIG game by the Jazz...
    Absolutely not. I am a tad bit dizzy because of lack of oxygen and the permabone! I forgot how much I enjoy watching an offensive team that trusts the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Seriously, what other options did he have? Corbin's "great coaching" comes only when he doesn't have any options. He didn't try this line up until Evans got his 3rd foul and Kanter needed a rest.
    There's truth here. I'd like to see Marvin Williams get the back-up PF minutes ahead of Evans. I'd also like to see a bit of Burks here.

Kanter had to avoid contact becausse of the foul trouble of the other bigs, now he can play just more aggressively on both ends of the floor.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Iím going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Iím on the court with other big men itís much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Having 2 or 3 fouls in the first half isn't a big deal. Usually players get pulled if they have 2 fouls in the 1st quarter or 3 fouls in the 2nd quarter.
    Agreed, but when you have two key big men out, you might have to be a bit more conservative. And considering how much Millsap impacted the game, you can not take chances.

Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Absolutely not. I am a tad bit dizzy because of lack of oxygen and the permabone! I forgot how much I enjoy watching an offensive team that trusts the pass.
    I know I've been remiss since moving to NYC, but this post is goddamn brilliant. Please keep them up.

*rep'd*