Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 292
  1. #106
    Senior Member MVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,637
    Total Rep Points
    6486
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    Thats the question.
    Jazz play small ball. It does not make sense for Raptors to put JV in unless they would run offense through paint. But since they like to chuck from the outside then they matchup and play small as well.
    "I was originally a Jazz fan but since I am getting pooped on so hard on the Jazz forums it is really starting to make me wish Kanter develops into the Kevin McHale potential he has and make the Jazz look bad. Nothing would make me happier at this point." Unidentified Kanter homer on reddit.

  2. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,082
    Total Rep Points
    273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Why did Hayward have to go to the locker room early ?

  3. #108
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Undecided
    Posts
    11,826
    Total Rep Points
    10639
    Rep Adjustment Power
    56
    Kudos to Corbin for playing 3 wings, a PG and Millsap and speeding up the game. It takes away the Raptors size advantage, and they don't seem comfortable at that pace. It's impressive that the Jazz would be winning the battle of the boards with Jefferson and Favors out.
    Players I like in the 2015 draft:


    Umm... Lyles. Yeah, Lyles.

  4. #109
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11,290
    Total Rep Points
    9829
    Rep Adjustment Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Why in the hell did Corbin stick his thumb up his ass there with Millsap and Marvin having 2 fouls each. Pure luck that they didn't get another foul!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    amazing brainfreeze by corbin.
    thanks to millsap lack of d he did not pick up the foul.


    Small lineup was working. What if Kanter comes back and picks up two quick ones, you'd be bitching about Ty bringing back Kanter with the small lineup working. We are always complaining that Ty doesn't stick with the hot hand, well there ya go. We are winning stop bitching!

  5. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Look at my "nick".
    Posts
    1,074
    Total Rep Points
    2718
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Jazz play small ball. It does not make sense for Raptors to put JV in unless they would run offense through paint. But since they like to chuck from the outside then they matchup and play small as well.
    I saw that as Corbin did with Kanter, but this question asked in overall. Not his current presence on the floor.

  6. #111
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Undecided
    Posts
    11,826
    Total Rep Points
    10639
    Rep Adjustment Power
    56
    Valanciunas was biting on Millsap's fakes and getting beat. He's long enough that he should just hold his ground.
    Players I like in the 2015 draft:


    Umm... Lyles. Yeah, Lyles.

  7. #112
    Senior Member Ellipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,377
    Total Rep Points
    3096
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Kudos to Corbin for playing 3 wings, a PG and Millsap and speeding up the game. It takes away the Raptors size advantage, and they don't seem comfortable at that pace. It's impressive that the Jazz would be winning the battle of the boards with Jefferson and Favors out.
    Seriously, what other options did he have? Corbin's "great coaching" comes only when he doesn't have any options. He didn't try this line up until Evans got his 3rd foul and Kanter needed a rest.

  8. #113
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,063
    Total Rep Points
    5315
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Jazz play small ball. It does not make sense for Raptors to put JV in unless they would run offense through paint. But since they like to chuck from the outside then they matchup and play small as well.
    A real BIG-MAN would crash a small paint like the Utah Jazz are playing, but JV is just to soft.
    ---------------------

    Iam the only one who has a boner after this passing ? BIG game by the Jazz...
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

  9. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Total Rep Points
    4072
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Kudos to Corbin for playing 3 wings, a PG and Millsap and speeding up the game. It takes away the Raptors size advantage, and they don't seem comfortable at that pace. It's impressive that the Jazz would be winning the battle of the boards with Jefferson and Favors out.
    DeMarre Carroll can rebound the ball extremely well for his position. When he hits shots, he is so fun to watch. That unit that finished the quarter was wonderful in every way except for defense in the paint!

  10. #115
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Undecided
    Posts
    11,826
    Total Rep Points
    10639
    Rep Adjustment Power
    56
    Having 2 or 3 fouls in the first half isn't a big deal. Usually players get pulled if they have 2 fouls in the 1st quarter or 3 fouls in the 2nd quarter.
    Players I like in the 2015 draft:


    Umm... Lyles. Yeah, Lyles.

  11. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Total Rep Points
    4072
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    A real BIG-MAN would crash a small paint like the Utah Jazz are playing, but JV is just to soft.
    ---------------------

    Iam the only one who has a boner after this passing ? BIG game by the Jazz...
    Absolutely not. I am a tad bit dizzy because of lack of oxygen and the permabone! I forgot how much I enjoy watching an offensive team that trusts the pass.

  12. #117
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Undecided
    Posts
    11,826
    Total Rep Points
    10639
    Rep Adjustment Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Seriously, what other options did he have? Corbin's "great coaching" comes only when he doesn't have any options. He didn't try this line up until Evans got his 3rd foul and Kanter needed a rest.
    There's truth here. I'd like to see Marvin Williams get the back-up PF minutes ahead of Evans. I'd also like to see a bit of Burks here.
    Players I like in the 2015 draft:


    Umm... Lyles. Yeah, Lyles.

  13. #118
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,063
    Total Rep Points
    5315
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Kanter had to avoid contact becausse of the foul trouble of the other bigs, now he can play just more aggressively on both ends of the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

  14.  

     

  15. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Total Rep Points
    4072
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Having 2 or 3 fouls in the first half isn't a big deal. Usually players get pulled if they have 2 fouls in the 1st quarter or 3 fouls in the 2nd quarter.
    Agreed, but when you have two key big men out, you might have to be a bit more conservative. And considering how much Millsap impacted the game, you can not take chances.

  16. #120
    Recently gay married UB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The back door
    Posts
    1,729
    Total Rep Points
    2129
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Absolutely not. I am a tad bit dizzy because of lack of oxygen and the permabone! I forgot how much I enjoy watching an offensive team that trusts the pass.
    I know I've been remiss since moving to NYC, but this post is goddamn brilliant. Please keep them up.

    *rep'd*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •