Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 93
  1. #16
    Senior Member JGolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,461
    Rep Power
    14
    Rep Level
    2337
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...-not-play.html

    heres th latest. all game time decisions. either way enes and sap will both get quite a few mins tonight.
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz


  2. #17
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    11,312
    Rep Power
    87
    Rep Level
    22034
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Kanter with 22 pts, 15 boards, 3 blocks, 2 assists and a steal in 29 minutes.
    And Corbin will reward him with 14 minutes the next game.

  3. #18
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    11,312
    Rep Power
    87
    Rep Level
    22034
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    What about the integrity of the game, and the people who paid to watch Al, and Root sports expectation that Al would be there, and the Les Olsen Company sponsored the game probably because they thought Al would be playing.

    The way I see it, Stern should be fining the Jazz for playing Al. What about all the fans that paid to see Favors/Kanter play the past two years?!

  4. #19
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    686
    Rep Power
    12
    Rep Level
    902
    what great timing for a favors and jefferson's injuries

  5. #20
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    26
    Rep Level
    4595
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkanian View Post
    Jonas will tear him apart.
    You know, twas a mistake to draft Kanter...
    just imitating AKMVP dude!
    It is not about Jonas vs Kanter. It is who was better fit for the Jazz and I see Jonas as much better fit here then in Toronto and vice versa. Just think about it for a minute. Jonas is much better pick and roll player, passer and shot blocker - fits into our motion happy system like a glove. Kanter is better iso and post up guy - just what doctor ordered for Toronto. I am still baffled by Jazz decision to draft Kanter who is at his best poor man's Jefferson - why draft guy with same set of skills?
    Jonas despite posting nice numbers in few games ( like 22pt,7reb, 3ast,3blk vs Duncan ) is completely out of his element in Toronto. Their guards have no clue how to run pick and roll and all his points coming from iso's, mid range jumpers or offensive rebounding/putbacks, they do not even run any plays for him there. All their stupid offense goes through Lowry, Derozan and Bargnani outside shooting. I watched numerous Raptors games and he rolls to the basket after setting screen, wide open with hands in the air asking for pass - which never comes. That being said if they do it against Jefferson then Jonas can have 30 pt night - but of course we do not need to fear this as Raptors chuckers will dominate their offense with outside shooting. Plus Jonas gets in foul trouble a lot as he needs to defend for two, being on the court together with second worse big man defender ( yes Bargnani is just slightly better defending paint then Boozer) in all NBA does not help.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

  6. #21
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,297
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    2722
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    It is not about Jonas vs Kanter. It is who was better fit for the Jazz and I see Jonas as much better fit here then in Toronto and vice versa. Just think about it for a minute. Jonas is much better pick and roll player, passer and shot blocker - fits into our motion happy system like a glove. Kanter is better iso and post up guy - just what doctor ordered for Toronto. I am still baffled by Jazz decision to draft Kanter who is at his best poor man's Jefferson - why draft guy with same set of skills?
    Jonas despite posting nice numbers in few games ( like 22pt,7reb, 3ast,3blk vs Duncan ) is completely out of his element in Toronto. Their guards have no clue how to run pick and roll and all his points coming from iso's, mid range jumpers or offensive rebounding/putbacks, they do not even run any plays for him there. All their stupid offense goes through Lowry, Derozan and Bargnani outside shooting. I watched numerous Raptors games and he rolls to the basket after setting screen, wide open with hands in the air asking for pass - which never comes. That being said if they do it against Jefferson then Jonas can have 30 pt night - but of course we do not need to fear this as Raptors chuckers will dominate their offense with outside shooting. Plus Jonas gets in foul trouble a lot as he needs to defend for two, being on the court together with second worse big man defender ( yes Bargnani is just slightly better defending paint then Boozer) in all NBA does not help.
    Excuse me my friend, but youre just a fool, if your´e not seein how talented Enes Kanter is. Enes Kanter dominated that lithuanian dude severel times, at the U-games.

    Enes Kanter Vs Valenciunas

    European U-18 - 2009

    Kanter like 16-17 years old, Valenciunas like 18-19


    Turkey-Lithuania 90-81
    Enes Kanter....22 pts 12 reb 3 blk

    Jonas Valenciuanas....20 pts 5 reb 2 blk


    Turkey-Lithuania 95-74 (SEMI FINAL)

    Enes Kanter...35 pts 19 reb 3t 4 blk

    Jonas Valenciuanas... 14 pts 5 reb 1ast


    This Valenciuanas dude is not an half as talented as Enes Kanter is. Enes Kanter dominated him every time they played against each other and Kanter was even 2 years younger.

    Kanter just needs playing-time to develop and gain selfconfidence, than he can get a really dominant Big-Man in this league.
    Last edited by CAKAR; 12-07-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

    "In practice I’m going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever I’m on the court with other big men it’s much easier."


    No Kanter ,but more AL

  7.  

     

  8. #22
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    26
    Rep Level
    4595
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Excuse me my friend, but youre just a foll, if your´e not seein how talented Enes Kanter is. Enes Kanter dominated that lithuanian dude severel times, at the U-games.

    Enes Kanter Vs Valenciunas

    European U-18 - 2009

    Kanter like 16-17 years old, Valenciunas like 18-19
    They are both 20 year old, both born in May 1992. If anything at that time when they played Enes was taller and heavier like by 30lbs due to early growth spurt or maturity, not sure what you trying to say here but it is beyond stupid. Enes dominated in one game - not several due to playing 37 min in blowout while Jonas played only 20 min in that game. Again it was 3 years ago when Valanciunas was scrawny kid 210lbs 6'10 at that time while Kanter was already around 240-250lbs.


    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    This Valenciuanas dude is not an half as talented as Enes Kanter is. Enes Kanter dominated him every time they played against each other and Kanter was even 2 years younger.
    Excuse me my friend but you are smoking crap. They are same age -that is a fact no matter how you want to twist it... By the way if you want to include their head to head stats why don't you look at last meeting in November? Jonas 10pts/1reb,1ast,1 stl, 100% FT and FG. Kanter 1pt, 3reb, 0% FG and 50% ft. Yep, looks like half as talented, lol.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

  9. #23
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,297
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    2722
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    They are both 20 year old, both born in May 1992. If anything at that time when they played Enes was taller and heavier like by 30lbs due to early growth spurt or maturity, not sure what you trying to say here but it is beyond stupid. Enes dominated in one game - not several due to playing 37 min in blowout while Jonas played only 20 min in that game. Again it was 3 years ago when Valanciunas was scrawny kid 210lbs 6'10 at that time while Kanter was already around 240-250lbs.
    WTF. Is it Kanter´s fault that he is born as real Big-Man and Valanciuanas is just like a skinny kid infront of him ? Kanter is a real Big-Man, much more dominant and a real presence on the paint and with a great face-up Game for a Guy his size and weight-potential. He just played 20 minutes because he had no face, after Kanter destroyed him in the paint.



    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Excuse me my friend but you are smoking crap. They are same age -that is a fact no matter how you want to twist it... By the way if you want to include their head to head stats why don't you look at last meeting in November? Jonas 10pts/1reb,1ast,1 stl, 100% FT and FG. Kanter 1pt, 3reb, 0% FG and 50% ft. Yep, looks like half as talented, lol.
    Jes, it was my fault, i have mistaken his age with the age of Motejunas. The last meeting was not a real meeting, becausse Kanter just got garbage time and 1 shot, i hope my main man BIG-AL-Jefferson rest up for this game to carry on his back injury. Than Kanter can destroy this guy, as always.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

    "In practice I’m going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever I’m on the court with other big men it’s much easier."


    No Kanter ,but more AL

  10. #24
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    26
    Rep Level
    4595
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    WTF. Is it Kanter´s fault that he is born as real Big-Man and Valanciuanas is just like a skinny kid infront of him ? Kanter is a real Big-Man, much more dominant and a real presence on the paint and with a great face-up Game for a Guy his size and weight-potential. He just played 20 minutes because he had no face, after Kanter destroyed him in the paint.
    No, it is not his fault he had early growth spurt but you need to take size difference and maturity in account when evaluating teenagers. Now they both are 20 year old and JV is heavier and taller then Kanter at this point so all your nonsense about "real" big man is irrelevant. Fact again is - Jonas is much better pick and roll player, passer, FT shooter and shot blocker. Enes so far in NBA showed that he is slightly better rebounder. Enough living in the past, see current stats and accept the fact that JV at this point is better.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

  11. #25
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    7,885
    Rep Power
    54
    Rep Level
    11247
    Good to see Enes get the start.

    Let's see where he's at with major mins.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  12. #26
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Kanter v Jonas would be nice t.o see, agreed
    The only thing interesting about this silly game would be this.
    Please sit Big Al. No one wants to see you play tonight
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  13. #27
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    I'd estimate Kanter will see 18 minutes or less tonight.
    Wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  14. #28
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    And Corbin will reward him with 14 minutes the next game.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  15. #29
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Excuse me my friend, but youre just a fool, if your´e not seein how talented Enes Kanter is. Enes Kanter dominated that lithuanian dude severel times, at the U-games.

    Enes Kanter Vs Valenciunas

    European U-18 - 2009

    Kanter like 16-17 years old, Valenciunas like 18-19


    Turkey-Lithuania 90-81
    Enes Kanter....22 pts 12 reb 3 blk

    Jonas Valenciuanas....20 pts 5 reb 2 blk


    Turkey-Lithuania 95-74 (SEMI FINAL)

    Enes Kanter...35 pts 19 reb 3t 4 blk

    Jonas Valenciuanas... 14 pts 5 reb 1ast


    This Valenciuanas dude is not an half as talented as Enes Kanter is. Enes Kanter dominated him every time they played against each other and Kanter was even 2 years younger.

    Kanter just needs playing-time to develop and gain selfconfidence, than he can get a really dominant Big-Man in this league.
    Turkish boys mature faster than Lithuanian boys. I heard that once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  16. #30
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Good to see Enes get the start.

    Let's see where he's at with major mins.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •