Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    No, it is not his fault he had early growth spurt but you need to take size difference and maturity in account when evaluating teenagers. Now they both are 20 year old and JV is heavier and taller then Kanter at this point so all your nonsense about "real" big man is irrelevant. Fact again is - Jonas is much better pick and roll player, passer, FT shooter and shot blocker. Enes so far in NBA showed that he is slightly better rebounder. Enough living in the past, see current stats and accept the fact that JV at this point is better.
    JV is not heavier than Kanter. Kanter 267 lbs. and JV 231 lbs. He is not taller than Kanter, both of them 6-11 / 2.11. And getting 14.4 mpg or 23.6 mpg could make a difference between those 2 players current stats. So if you want to make a "proper" comprasion you would want to check those numbers, correct your delusions and then make your statements. When you do that, we can make a proper discussion about who is better and who is not.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    JV is not heavier than Kanter. Kanter 267 lbs. and JV 231 lbs. He is not taller than Kanter, both of them 6-11 / 2.11. And getting 14.4 mpg or 23.6 mpg could make a difference between those 2 players current stats. So if you want to make a "proper" comprasion you would want to check those numbers, correct your delusions and then make your statements. Then we can make a proper discussion about who is better and who is not.
    Eat that AK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    JV is not heavier than Kanter. Kanter 267 lbs. and JV 231 lbs. He is not taller than Kanter, both of them 6-11 / 2.11. And getting 14.4 mpg or 23.6 mpg could make a difference between those 2 players current stats. So if you want to make a "proper" comprasion you would want to check those numbers, correct your delusions and then make your statements. When you do that, we can make a proper discussion about who is better and who is not.
    you looking at NBA.com? yeah, thats old data. AK weight there for example was not changed since his rookie year. Kanter reported to training camp this year at 242lbs, JV at 257lbs. JV is listed as 7ft player.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/...99780/gamelog/
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    And getting 14.4 mpg or 23.6 mpg could make a difference between those 2 players current stats. So if you want to make a "proper" comprasion you would want to check those numbers, correct your delusions and then make your statements. When you do that, we can make a proper discussion about who is better and who is not.
    Sure, go ahead and make corrections you want, per 36 or whatever. Remember that one is playing vs starters other vs second units as well. JV is still better per 36 min basis, even if that means nothing as usually players who play 14 minutes ( aka Kanter ) never produce at the same pace during 36 minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Turkish boys mature faster than Lithuanian boys. I heard that once.
    It is true unfortunately. But we should talk South europe vs North europe. Koufos for example was way more advanced physically then any of his opponents during U-18 championship, thus he dominated like nobody and posted the best numbers ever.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sure, go ahead and make corrections you want, per 36 or whatever. Remember that one is playing vs starters other vs second units as well. JV is still better per 36 min basis, even if that means nothing as usually players who play 14 minutes ( aka Kanter ) never produce at the same pace during 36 minutes.
    OK i got fooled by that static information of NBA's official page but what makes you think JV would be a better fit and get more minutes than Kanter getting, if he get picked by the Jazz over him? He dont have significant competitors at Raptors who will fight with him for a starting role (al jefferson, favors and on the other hand aaron gray amir johnson). And...

You know what just watch the game dude it speaks for itself.. We could talk later.
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So far, Jonas has like 2 mins of playing time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think i heard at the first quarter Raptors announcer said JV may lose his starting spot to Amir Johnson if he continues to his slump. To Amir Johnson? Oh noes..
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    So far, Jonas has like 2 mins of playing time.
    That explains 23 minutes per game as a starter.
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If the Raptors would have drafted Kanter, he would already grown into a decent name on this league. Kanter is just a bench Player, but already gains the most double teams on his team. This Guy is a beast, he is strong, he is BIG, JV is a Joke infront of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    OK i got fooled by that static information of NBA's official page but what makes you think JV would be a better fit and get more minutes than Kanter getting, if he get picked by the Jazz over him? .
    I never said he would get more minutes then Kanter - I said he is better fit for Jazz type of offense. Kanter is one on one/iso, post up type guy - same like Jefferson. JV is pick and roll player, constant motion, good passer. To me it is obvious who is better fit. On the other hand Corbin had a lot to do with drafting decision and maybe he envisions Jazz are more iso type team in the future, who knows.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This Guy is a beast, he is strong, he is BIG, JV is a Joke infront of him.
    Dude, sorry but you are delusional. It is ok to be a bit homer, but come one.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I never said he would get more minutes then Kanter - I said he is better fit for Jazz type of offense. Kanter is one on one/iso, post up type guy - same like Jefferson. JV is pick and roll player, constant motion, good passer. To me it is obvious who is better fit. On the other hand Corbin had a lot to do with drafting decision and maybe he envisions Jazz are more iso type team in the future, who knows.
    JV is close to Favors' type with his deffensive presence, long arms, shot blocking ability Favors also a good pick&roll player, since Jefferson is not a long term plan for this team, someone like Kanter would be a better fit beside a player like Favors. Corbin has nothing to do with drafting desicions its all KOC. And Kanter by far was better than JV when draft night came. No one needed to make a detailed scouting report between these two players or watch a single NCAA game (considering Kanter was ineligible to play). And JV was playin at Lietuvos Rytas and gaining game experience which is highly important.
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Dude, sorry but you are delusional. It is ok to be a bit homer, but come one.
    Iam just joking around my friend, I know that JV is talented player too, but I think that youīre uite unfair with Kanter.
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kanter did a great job tonight, especially staying out of trouble. If he got early fouls this game could have been much different. Kudos to the Turk!
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes