Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    Come on now, PG spot is the least of their concerns.
    Sorry dude but you're starting to create delusions again. Lowry is overrated? Look at his contract, (5.8 $ per year) look at what he did at Rockets for 3 years and look at what he is giving you right now. Dont you think its a fair deal for Raptors? Look at Stuckey or Lin if you want to see a real overrated pg. Raptors should be grateful to Daryl Morey who decided to pay Lin, double of Lowry getting from Raptors. And he was a good team player at Rockets last year where they slightly missed the playoffs with an average roster, so what made him a bad team player this year?

The problem with this Raptor team is their front court. Their winning record is not a surprise with that front court and its laughable that you missed that part. Definitely they will tank for Wiggins next year or Shabazz this year, cause their 3 spot is ****e. JV is still very young and raw. He get the starting job at the very first day, thanks to their deep and talented big men rotation. And you know about Bargs and his efficiency when he is on the court, im sure you watched enough Raptors game to see this.

The other delusion you have is "Toronto being bad fit for JV". Define bad fit.. A young big man who needs pt, game experience and the place where he getting it constantly as a starter is a bad fit? Dont think so. Dont let JV love biased you cause those delusions are funny.
    Yeah Toronto is great in terms of minutes for JV, but they do not use his best strength - pick and roll at all. It would be same as you have great 3 pt shooter but insist of him posting up.
    And sorry, but I have seen enough of Lowry to stick to my opinion. Great hustle, heart and competitive nature - no basketball IQ at all. For the price they paid of course he is decent PG, but to much chucking, gambling, stat padding and hero ball for my liking. He cost them numerous wins already this season, like vs Detroit for example. Actually Raptors offense and ball movement looked way better when he was on the bench with injury and Calderon was double double guy in all the games Lowry missed. You know, Lin would be way better fit for Toronto, just watch how he plays pick and roll to perfection. See how Asik's offensive numbers benefited from playing with Lin, Lowry is just not that good in pick and roll. Again maybe it is matter of taste but I like pass first PG's - to me Rondo is best PG right now in the league with C.Paul being second.
    Agree about 3 spot for Raptors being weakest link, they hoped for Fields to be their solution but his hand injury ruined those plans. They needed to keep James Johnson, to bad he was a bit knucklehead, got into conflict with coach and was shipped out.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Come on now, PG spot is the least of their concerns.
    Sorry dude but you're starting to create delusions again. Lowry is overrated? Look at his contract, (5.8 $ per year) look at what he did at Rockets for 3 years and look at what he is giving you right now. Dont you think its a fair deal for Raptors? Look at Stuckey or Lin if you want to see a real overrated pg. Raptors should be grateful to Daryl Morey who decided to pay Lin, double of Lowry getting from Raptors. And he was a good team player at Rockets last year where they slightly missed the playoffs with an average roster, so what made him a bad team player this year?

The problem with this Raptor team is their front court. Their winning record is not a surprise with that front court and its laughable that you missed that part. Definitely they will tank for Wiggins next year or Shabazz this year, cause their 3 spot is ****e. JV is still very young and raw. He get the starting job at the very first day, thanks to their deep and talented big men rotation. And you know about Bargs and his efficiency when he is on the court, im sure you watched enough Raptors game to see this.

The other delusion you have is "Toronto being bad fit for JV". Define bad fit.. A young big man who needs pt, game experience and the place where he getting it constantly as a starter is a bad fit? Dont think so. Dont let JV love biased you cause those delusions are funny.

The Raptors have had a lot of injury problems too.

Lowry has been in and out and Fields (who would give them some consistency they lack) has been out all year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    It was really quite beautiful to see, how respectfull they are with eacht other. Im sure they are good friends on real.

JF against EK was interesting, but could they play together with each other ?
    I would think so. Both players show signs of being able to have midrange games. I guess perimeter defense would be a concern against athletic and stretch 4's though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Grass on the other side- Is it greener?

Toronto fans' point of view-

Source

by Buddahfan
    Kanter, what 18 points Lit up Jonas big time. Kanter os definitely a force underneath but 18 points? He simple outworked and over powered Jonas.
    Jonas – He needs some DNPs or should be sent to the D-League for a couple of weeks. When he plays again he should be coming off the bench. What really ticks me off about Casey is I have lost all confidence in him to tell the truth in his interviews. It all started with his BS statement at the beginning of the season, that Jonas had earned the starting job.v
    by Buddahfan
    No one likes to be exposed and Jonas exposes Andrea. Not intentionally but Jonas is a 20 year old rookie who is having enough trouble trying to acclimate hmself to the NBA, especially on defense. He has no time or ability at this point to help mask Andrea’s weaknesses.
    I think if Jonas goes to the bench before or when the Raptors return home that they should play a lot better after he goes to the bench. We shall see what happens

by defensive rap
    Move Jonas and Andrea to the bench

Not much talk about Enes vs. Jonas....guess they didn't see the hype
    I guess Andrea is like their Jefferson. Surprise surprise, they hate their coach.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Toronto fans' point of view-

Source

by Buddahfan
    Kanter, what 18 points Lit up Jonas big time. Kanter os definitely a force underneath but 18 points? He simple outworked and over powered Jonas.
    Jonas – He needs some DNPs or should be sent to the D-League for a couple of weeks. When he plays again he should be coming off the bench. What really ticks me off about Casey is I have lost all confidence in him to tell the truth in his interviews. It all started with his BS statement at the beginning of the season, that Jonas had earned the starting job.v
    by Buddahfan
    No one likes to be exposed and Jonas exposes Andrea. Not intentionally but Jonas is a 20 year old rookie who is having enough trouble trying to acclimate hmself to the NBA, especially on defense. He has no time or ability at this point to help mask Andrea’s weaknesses.
    I think if Jonas goes to the bench before or when the Raptors return home that they should play a lot better after he goes to the bench. We shall see what happens

by defensive rap
    Move Jonas and Andrea to the bench

Not much talk about Enes vs. Jonas....guess they didn't see the hype
    I guess Andrea is like their Jefferson. Surprise surprise, they hate their coach.

Thats some kind of BS fan view, doubt he even watched the game - look at all Kanter's points scored. He scored 2 pts vs JV, how is that "lit up"? He did all his damage vs Bargnani, Johnson or whoever else was guarding him. If we would look at production vs each other actually JV scored 4pts after Kanter fouled him twice so you could even say that JV won head to head matchup.
    I could say same about game in Toronto, "look JV lit up Kanter for 10pts and Kanter had only 1", when in reality they did not even play vs each other.
    True about coach. Very nice guy - no balls to bench chuckers Bargnani or Lowry when they suck. His love for playing Lowry and Calderon together down the stretch whom both are defensive liability cost them numerous games already ( vs Detroit and Charlotte for example, Raptors had lead ) could not defend Knight or Walker for game winning layups. I think he should not be head coach, perfect assistant but just not enough character to be head coach.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Toronto's GM and coach are completely retarded with the singular exception of drafting JV which was a total no-brainer.

Lowry is not that great, Calderon is better. Bargs is completely miscast as a starting offensive focus and looks totally disinterested. They ought to be playing Jose and Jonas 30 MPG together minimum, with a shooter on the floor (ah, Bargs) as the outlet to that pnr.

I could run that team way better than they do. Those people are ridiculous.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Thats some kind of BS fan view, doubt he even watched the game - look at all Kanter's points scored. He scored 2 pts vs JV, how is that "lit up"? He did all his damage vs Bargnani, Johnson or whoever else was guarding him. If we would look at production vs each other actually JV scored 4pts after Kanter fouled him twice so you could even say that JV won head to head matchup.
    You're accusing someone about did he even watch the game but now im in doubt, did you watch the game? When JV is on the floor Kanter scored 9 and you should count that pick&roll and iso plays that JV lost his man and let Bargs handle it or whoever playing beside him. That iso and pick&roll plays in his arsenal (especially iso plays) and if you want to make a proper head to head comprasion you should count them too.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    It's not often he plays that many minutes though, it could be a factor.
    No, I noticed the same thing that he was laboring at times going up and down the court.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You're accusing someone about did he even watch the game but now im in doubt, did you watch the game? When JV is on the floor Kanter scored 9 and you should count that pick&roll and iso plays that JV lost his man and let Bargs handle it or whoever playing beside him. That iso and pick&roll plays in his arsenal (especially iso plays) and if you want to make a proper head to head comprasion you should count them too.
    I have game recorded and rewatched some key moments and sorry but you are wrong here. You should look at points scored directly vs each other, not when Kanter was guarded by Bargnani while JV was chasing Millsap 15FT from the basket. I can agree that you could add 2 FT he made after Pietrus fouled him on that first play as that one was after pick and roll ( probably first properly executed pick and roll by Kanter I have ever seen) vs JV but not any more points, just rewatch highlights with all his pts scored one more time. And when it comes to rebounds actually JV grabbed two of his offensive boards over Kanter, won jump ball and did not let Kanter grab any offensive boards while he was guarding him. His length and reach was compensating for Kanter's advantage in strength. Now if we look at shots vs each other, Kanter missed 3 jumpers and made fast break layup. JV attempted two shots where he got fouled by Kanter and made 4 FT after that.
    Not much of a head to head duel at the end of the day. But I am excited to see what it will look few years from now or even next year in Eurobasket if Turkey and LT play each other at some point.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ^^ We can hope for a match-up at Eurobasket between LT and Turkey. It has always been fun.
    I think that iso plays, its a part of the match up cause Enes forcing Bargs to defend him and JV to stay on Millsap after his PnR deffense, its not a circumstantial thing.
    Last edited by CitizenofCapua; 12-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    JV again sucking, this time vs the Clippers. 18 Minutes 0/3 from The Field 3 Rebounds 5 PF, 1 As, 1 Point

This guy is planned as Starter ,I just donīt want to imagine, how bad he would look, playing almost garbage time every game like Kanter does. And fighting against the oppurtunity for substitutions after every mistake.
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Iím going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Iím on the court with other big men itís much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    JV again sucking, this time vs the Clippers. 18 Minutes 0/3 from The Field 3 Rebounds 5 PF, 1 As, 1 Point

This guy is planned as Starter ,I just donīt want to imagine, how bad he would look, playing almost garbage time every game like Kanter does. And fighting against the oppurtunity for substitutions after every mistake.
    Good point. Also I'm not buying the argument that Kanter has more experience than him either. JV has been playing professionally for 2 years in a league superior to the NCAA. Kanter had a 2 year layoff, then a 15 mpg rookie year in a lockout shortened season.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Good point. Also I'm not buying the argument that Kanter has more experience than him either. JV has been playing professionally for 2 years in a league superior to the NCAA. Kanter had a 2 year layoff, then a 15 mpg rookie year in a lockout shortened season.
    Exactly .. Those opposed to Kanter and pro-JV were talking about how Kanter should have done things the way JV did and stay in Euro ball 'for experience' .. now what??
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    who said it? kanter is one of the most inexperienced players in the league.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    One thing that has really impressed me about Kanter is his ability to exploit mismatches in size and strength. When someone is guarding him who isn't his size, he knows how to score on them. I wish I could say the same thing about Favors.