Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Yes, because we won a game where we hit ~20 3s without Al, definitely means we don't need him.

Or Favors for that matter.
    People who bring up that favors was also out are idiots... favors plays way less than big Al and doesn't dominate the offense like al does so it is a stupid comparison.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Yep, keep telling yourself that we our perimeter shots are not falling.
    We had over 50 points in the paint homey.

Outside shots fall alot better when the ball moves, making those outside shots wide open instead of contested forced outside shots at the end of shot clocks.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Al is not incapable of defending, he is susceptible to being fatigued and also cannot be exposed very far from the basket. Al rotates very well, just not very often. That has to improve and while it has come from a very low point he's clearly improved. As has been beaten to death it's ridiculous to expect any center to guard a pg out past the foul line. Kanter got absolutely smoked at least once tonight in the exact same situation Al was in the other day.

You play your players to their strengths and try to hide their weaknesses. Very few players are great on both sides of the ball. Get your head on straight. Al contributes by putting so much pressure on a defense. They have to deny him the ball, double him or send somebody backside to try for a steal. Now against guys like all-world post defense Duncan it doesn't help much but then again this is not a HOF player we are talking about here.

Al is an offensive focus. You preach that everything would be peachy without an offensive focus but look around the league at the teams without one. They have no chance.
    According your post brown, it sounds like the coach isn't using big al properly and isn't coaching the rest of the team to play correctly with him in the lineup

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Saw that 5 times last season. Jazz were 4-1 in those games.
    Great post.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Kanter went 18 points on 16 shots with only 8 rebounds in 35 minutes and ZERO assists.

Jazz shot better from 3 than they did overall.

Millsap had a pretty nice game. Too bad another couple free throws didn't fall to cap it off.
    In kanters 1st ever game as a starter..... as a 20 year old, already putting up al jefferson like numbers.

Wonder what he would be able to do with more minutes and more starts.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    In kanters 1st ever game as a starter..... as a 20 year old, already putting up al jefferson like numbers.

Wonder what he would be able to do with more minutes and more starts.
    This. I have been back & forth on Al. But last night made a point. The ball movement was incredible, and the team system thrives on ball movement. Everything opens up, inside & out because the opposition has to scramble to keep up.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The frustrating thing about last nights game is that it is not that the Jazz won because Jefferson. On the other side they didn't just win because they hit outside shots.

If you honestly believe that the ball movement was the same as it normally is then you are either lying to yourself or you are blind.

I really appreciate that GVC brought up that the Jazz are 4-1 with Jefferson not in the line up.

Did the Jazz win just because Jefferson was there? No. Did the Jazz win because they hit all those outside shots? No. It is a combination of both.

My biggest take away from last nights game is how I feel about this Jazz team. For the first time this season I woke up excited about what can be for this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I really appreciate that GVC brought up that the Jazz are 4-1 with Jefferson not in the line up.
    5-1.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It was the 4-16 Raptors, folks. The Raptors.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    The frustrating thing about last nights game is that it is not that the Jazz won because Jefferson. On the other side they didn't just win because they hit outside shots.

If you honestly believe that the ball movement was the same as it normally is then you are either lying to yourself or you are blind.

Did the Jazz win just because Jefferson was there? No. Did the Jazz win because they hit all those outside shots? No. It is a combination of both.

My biggest take away from last nights game is how I feel about this Jazz team. For the first time this season I woke up excited about what can be for this team.
    Toronto's defense sucks ass so bad it can't even be compared to the Washington Wizards. Preach on about how blind we are though.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    5-1.
    I will rep when I get back to my computer.

What is the record for the Jazz without Favors since last season?
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Toronto's defense sucks ass so bad it can't even be compared to the Washington Wizards. Preach on about how blind we are though.
    Orangello main point in his post was that he was actually excited to watch the jazz play.... alot of us have felt like watching the jazz play lately has been boring and stale, but last night was different for most of us..... we actually had fun watching them.

Keep on trollin though frank!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Orangello main point in his post was that he was actually excited to watch the jazz play.... alot of us have felt like watching the jazz play lately has been boring and stale, but last night was different for most of us..... we actually had fun watching them.

Keep on trollin though frank!
    Will rep later.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    It was the 4-16 Raptors, folks. The Raptors.
    True and a good point. But the Jazz won by 32 points last night. Not 10, 12, or even 20. 32 points. The Jazz SHOULD beat teams like that by 32....that's their potential. Last night, they achieved it. Underachieving their potential has been my #1 complaint about the Jazz over the years. If they'd just play up to their potential, they'd be SO good. Last night they did it. Yes it was one game, but if they play like that consistently, against other teams who are much better than Toronto, they'd still beat them; not by 32, but still come out with a W.

It was the ball movement last night that made the difference. I believe they got good shots and got in rhythm because of how well they moved the ball. They do that better without Al. Everyone else, even Favors and Kanter, are better at working within the system that demands strong ball movement.
    You know squat. You know less than squat. You and Squat could go to the movies and Squat could wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt!

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Over the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons, the Jazz are 42-39 with Al in the lineup. The average score in those games is 99.4-99.0.

Over the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons, the Jazz are 5-1 without Al in the lineup. The average score in those games is 105.7-98.2.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587