11/12:

Phil 16-17 road record
    Tor 10-23 road record
    Por 8-25 road record
    GS 11-22 road record
    LAL 26-7 home record

12/13:

Tor 1-12 road record

The Lakers win was great. The Philly win was good. 3-1 in the other games (what should be easy home wins).
    Very true.... and if al played in those games we very well end up with the same record.... but that is kind of the point.

With or without al we would probably be about the same good, but we would be developing for the future and enjoying watching the games more, all while spending less money in salary.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    There are players who suck way worse and are paid the same, or more.
    and? Should we trade for them too?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    According your post brown, it sounds like the coach isn't using big al properly and isn't coaching the rest of the team to play correctly with him in the lineup
    The Clippers loss was at least as much on Corbin as Dick Bavetta. You cannot allow 3-4 easy baskets, in a row, using the same play, at the end of a tightly contested game. Boo coach.

He's implemented some part time zone though, which has worked wonderfully in small doses to break runs. He's run the offense away from Al early on several times. Most importantly Al has improved under Corbs far more than any other coach. It's hard to get your team to constantly move and set screens when they all know that their best player will probably score anyways even if nobody moves. It happened with Deron under Sloan too.

Of course you could easily make the case that instead of coaching up ol' Al Corbs could maybe focus on other players so make what you want out of that.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    The Clippers loss was at least as much on Corbin as Dick Bavetta. You cannot allow 3-4 easy baskets, in a row, using the same play, at the end of a tightly contested game. Boo coach.

He's implemented some part time zone though, which has worked wonderfully in small doses to break runs. He's run the offense away from Al early on several times. Most importantly Al has improved under Corbs far more than any other coach. It's hard to get your team to constantly move and set screens when they all know that their best player will probably score anyways even if nobody moves. It happened with Deron under Sloan too.

Of course you could easily make the case that instead of coaching up ol' Al Corbs could maybe focus on other players so make what you want out of that.
    Good post.

I too have noticed some things corbin has done this year that i have liked...... playing some zone D, riding the hot hand more often, he has subbed offense for defense a few times since the new orleans game, he changed the lineups when they didn't seem to be working.

Now if he could just sneak burks into the rotation and somehow get favors up to 30 minutes per game (once he comes back) then i wouldn't have anything to criticize him about.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There are players who suck way worse and are paid the same, or more.
    Stereotypical Jazzfan.. "we're not as bad as that other team!"
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How are we going to score without Al?

Simple.

Actually run our offense.

We have plenty of guys that can score. We just have to execute and get them the ball. A feat virtually impossible when Black Hole is trying to force his weezy over 3 defenders.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors will both practice today. Game-time decisions Sunday at Lakers."

Yay! Big Al is going to play!!
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    and? Should we trade for them too?
    No, I'm just saying it's extremely rare to have a team full of players who are actually payed to their exact value. Complaining and crying about it is pointless. Jefferson is paid what he is paid, and he is plays the way he plays.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No, I'm just saying it's extremely rare to have a team full of players who are actually payed to their exact value. Complaining and crying about it is pointless. Jefferson is paid what he is paid, and he is plays the way he plays.
    So dont discuss salaries or how our players play.... Ok got it. Man this website probably would not even exist if that were the case.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Who's crying about it? Dude stated that we'd love Al if he were producing like this as a second year player. I just pointed out that he's not a second year player, and not paid as a second year player. Cost and experience are pretty ****ing important when evaluating a player's value. Reading is fundamental.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Who's crying about it? Dude stated that we'd love Al if he were producing like this as a second year player. I just pointed out that he's not a second year player, and not paid as a second year player. Cost and experience are pretty ****ing important when evaluating a player's value. Reading is fundamental.
    Aimed more at DJ's constant crying/complaining about Jefferson. It just gets old when people repeat the same thing over and over again.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    But he's in his 9th year, making $15mm.
    Be honest though. I know you don't think they're a .8333 team without him. Do you really think the Jazz are better than a .500 team with AJ on the bench?

I predict 35 or less wins this season without Big Al. What does everyone else think?
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Be honest though. I know you don't think they're a .8333 team without him. Do you really think the Jazz are better than a .500 team with AJ on the bench?

I predict 35 or less wins this season without Big Al. What does everyone else think?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post

Safe to say it's more likely the team does worse without Al (with no other additions) than with Al. Maybe 5 to 15 fewer wins without Al, relative to the expected wins of the roster with Al. So if this is a 46 win team, I'd guess without Al they'd be around 36.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post

Another top notch post. I've noticed several times within tight games where AJ makes it very well known that he wants to pass inside the offense. He took and made a shot a few games back and then got onto Millsap for not getting into the right spot for a wide open 10 foot jumper. The very next play was ran correctly by Millsap and AJ passed to him for the bucket. Al Jefferson ran over to Millsap with a great big smile on his face, slapped his ass with an "atta boy" included.

Dude knows what he is and wants to win at all costs. Shooting and padding stats isn't his M.O. at this point in his career. I have to credit Corbin's coaching and Jefferson's willingness to buy into the system for all this progress.

In fact, I bet AJ would be completely comfortable coming off the bench if that's what it took to win. Millsap would be great if he was that comfortable.
    No Mediocrity